1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Marriage Problem , Please Advice..

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Pink123, May 28, 2013.

1. Pink123

Pink123 New IL'ite

Hi,
    We got married since 2012 and its going to be a year now.
    We both are well educated and his family members are also well educated.
    But I am unable to pursue my dreams. Yes, all sisters and my husband are against for going to job. I cannot be keeping my mouth shut as I am very ambitious. Before marriage my husband was OK with me going to job. Why are they so against ? My husband says if I go to job I will neglect family and he wants family to be put in first place. Although I convinced him so many times that I wont neglect family, he is still against it. Before married he seemed to be a very broad minded person who is educated and he has masters in abroad. Why does he thinks I should not work. How come young generation like me can be quite when we are opposed to having our own dreams and wishes? Every time I ask him he says so many reason like I wont be able to take leaves, I wont take care of family, I will be rude if I go to job etc., Ours is arranged marriage and how can he think about me like this ? I am not such a person. If I talk about working, he shouts and yells at me. His anger goes to peak. He does not wants to have kids now, So we don't have physical relationship from a long time. so I always feel bored and resentful at home. He says I should divorce him I have to go to job. In Chennai people wont consider divorce easily and there will be lot of problem after that but for that should I live my life without any purpose? Even my mom is in a very prestigious position at her work , wont I want to be like her ?
    Whenever we go out he keeps his face sad and if he becomes angry he will leave me in that place and go away. He beats me when he gets angry.
    I recently emailed about all these to my ex and he feels sad about me and thinks a lot about me. We din't get married as it was compulsion from parents, so I did arranged marriage and it ended up this way.
    My dear friends, I am so confused please help me. Don't say I can convince him in future because he is not at all a kind of person who listens and understands others easily. He has his own set of rules.

2. IndianFunTube

IndianFunTube New IL'ite

Like a typical man, he is insecure and wants to control you for the rest of your life. Divorce! Divorce! Divorce!

Your ex should have disappeared from your life but it looks like he has found a new job being your relationship consultant.

3 people like this.
  3. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Refuse to sacrifice your career. Cut all contacts with your ex.

5 people like this.
  4. silverlight

silverlight Silver IL'ite

Physical abuse in relationship is a BIG no... Red flag....!
    This should be good enough to think further and decide.

It's just my opinion..

5. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Maybe your H knows about your ex ,your forced marriage and your communications with him, thats why-
    1 He doesn't want you to work=meet ex,
    2 No physical relationship
    3 No kids
    4 Sad face
    5 Divorce
    6 DV
    You should have discussed about your ambitions, job before marriage and made it clear.
    Right now your parents forced into arranged marriage so you are not any support from them?

Say no to DV, walk out,get a job, file for D.
    Most hubbies cannot tolerate DW's ex or BF , education has nothing to do with this.

2 people like this.
  6. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Apply , get a job and see what happens. How much ever you manage they are going to hurt you that some thing is lagging. Tell him that your ambitions, need to work and in laws have to adjust.

7. sarada30

sarada30 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Pink,

Is your dh aware of your ex?
    If so you make sure that you are listening to him and make him fell that you only love your dh and forgot the past and not interested to turn back. See in a married life a husband can not digest that his wife loved some one and also the same with the wife so he might be in that stress that you have still not taken him as your own.

Do you have any financial ups and downs?

If you have such pblms then it is very important for you to hold a job and if you are not into that pblm then why you want to cost your married life for a job when your dh is not interested?

First of all you have a job as to understand what your dh wants see why you both dont have a relationship for long time?

You say your mom is in a good position so you also want to be like her. But your father never opposed so she was able to manage. But for you it is not the same case.

What in terms of you is a career? A life with out a spouse? That is never right. think wise as you have good knowledge.

You try for some things else instead of job a good business which will keep you busy if your dh is interested.

Now in a year if you think of divorce what would be next after you earn lot of money? Nothing but a lonely life with out any one to share your life and happiness.

this is what i feel. If i were in your place i would chose dh and make him feel as how he want me to be....... and think of career in future.......

2 people like this.
  8. RadiantFlower

RadiantFlower Platinum IL'ite

Sorry, but I have to ask, why did you do that?! An 'ex' is an ex for a reason. You don't need any more complications in your marital life than what you already have.

You say that your hubby is a bully and a domestic tyrant, and you cannot fit into his mould of what his wife ought to be, then that means you two are simply incompatible.

There's just one solution - part ways. That will free you both to pursue your own dreams.

1 person likes this.
  9. Pink123

Pink123 New IL'ite

Hi,
    Before marriage I told about my ex and he was ok. He accepted for going to job before marriage but all of a sudden he behaves like this. Until yesterday I have not contacted my ex. I wanted to tell this to him just because its getting extreme.

10. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

If your H is reaching extremes, EX is not the one to contact. By writing to EX you are complicating life further.

4 people like this.