1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

non-indian older woman + indian younger man

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by cyan45, May 25, 2013.

1. cyan45

cyan45 Senior IL'ite

anitap, hahaha!!! hey i actually checked out cbazaar.com, lovely! when it comes to non-western apparel, i always wonder if i naturally gravitate to the modern/hip section or the matronly grandmother section. sometimes i can't tell :-( however, if i could single-handedly bring back outdated styles as a result, next stop: world domination!

bf & i have watched some bollywood love story movies LOL let's just say it was a dramatized cultural crash course, he was explaining things as it happened, and fast forwarded through the lengthy song/dance numbers.
    i think he's just jealous he can't sing in tune like me when i hum the movie melodies ;-D

when we saw a hindi movie at the theater, my back hurt. it was SO LONG!!!!!! good thing i had plenty of snacks to keep me happy :-D

btw, LOVE your city and state of origin HAHAHA. certainly puts all these silly bickerings into perspective. we are just dust in the wind, in the grand scheme of things...

1 person likes this.
  2. cyan45

cyan45 Senior IL'ite

telja, thanks for your input. the indian way of things is similar to asian (from my background) but since my relatives immigrated to the US, they are also influenced by western values.

3. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Pre marriage - matronly it is. :biggrin2:

The switcharoo usually comes after the deal is sealed :twisted:.

Don't forward the songs. They will teach you how to handle the lehengas in all kinds of poses.
    Teaching moments. :rotfl.

1 person likes this.
  4. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

nice so started to migrate to indian culture and language .. good aprreciated your efforts .. welcome India and explore more :)

5. cyan45

cyan45 Senior IL'ite

anitap, HAHAHAHA!!! love it: 'teachable moments' indeed. mental note to self...

telja, thanks :) i'm a curious girl with eclectic tastes.

what should i wear meeting his close friends? i usually wear a modest but bold colored/print top, skinny jeans, flats or kitten heels. or, a knee length sheath dress, either sleeveless/cap or 3/4 sleeve. i love dressing in a modest, classic modern way that makes the most of my nice bits: waist & hips :)

thanks...

6. cyan45

cyan45 Senior IL'ite

also i LOVE scarves, especially the lightweight drapey kind in lovely colors/prints. i fell in love with french fashion a few years ago and marvel how a lady can look both feminine and empowered in a simple, elegant, fresh manner. we ladies are so lucky to wear gorgeous colors/fabrics/jewelry that compliment our body type, skin tone, personality...aside from a smart suit, menswear is kind of boring IMHO ;-)

whoops, guess i should drift into the fashion thread now? LOL

ciao ladies!

1 person likes this.