1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need some boost to keep myself going and stay strong

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by DrKadambari, May 7, 2013.

1. DrKadambari

DrKadambari Gold IL'ite

For those of you who do not know me, I am living here with husband and kid. Husband who was very rude and kept me in control and blaming me for everything. I changed myself completely, almost withdrew myself from speaking to any friends, family was trying best to keep peace in family not knowing what the real issue was. Only after years I found out that my H was cheating on me and having virutal life with girl from all over the world and also that he has met some girls too. Basically I found this out, he said he was guilty and from what i know he has stopped all those crap. He being withdrawn or involved in his work has not stopped. He tries to hold the rope right and drive me crazy.

I have a full time job with, a toddle going to daycare just for few hours, rest of the time I have to manage with kid and do office work. House work completely. He does not move his ass here or there. even if he does he would be lazing on sofa and watch tv.

It drives me insane and I get wild at kid at times. I have none to speak to about my day no sharing of thought nothing happens. Even a joke I share with my LO only. I am preparing myself to shift my career and also busy with those classes and I am sure I will get there and I really want to find a good paying job in this new field which I am aiming which I think i would in next 3 months. Basically I have hands full --- my job, kid, house hold (cooking, cleaning, laundry, grocery at times), training, learning, practicing. Having maid is ruled out.

I feel so bad when I see I struggle so much, he does not have a little heart to do any work around or help with anything. Does not even share anything, hardly speaks any words. Lots of stuff about his office i get to know from his colleagues wives. I feel why me when I see other relatives of my age here happily married with husband who do all the chores and understanding.

Give me that boost to keep going.

1 person likes this.

2. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Really appreciate you. I don't even do half the work and crib so much! I won't ask you why you are in this relation that does not give your dues back as that road must have been long crossed over. Please continue focussing on your work because one day your kid will be ready to fly and you will have your work as your company. Have you tried teaming up with other moms to take care of kids? Since you know how your hubby is, rely on friends not for emotional reasons but for practical problems.

2 people like this.
  3. veronica123

veronica123 Bronze IL'ite

Dear DrKadambari,

All I can say is hang on..I can totally feel for you..I am in the same boat as you are.Instead of virutal girl,Its my in-laws.They all are together and I am the only one here..Believe me,DH sounds very nice before me when i asked him anything and behind my back,he will be enjoying when his family keeps complaining about me...I am so tired with this life and yet when I see the kids,i want to really fight with this life.

I dont really have an answer for you.I try to follow many things that were told by other ladies,but at the end of the day,sometimes,I feel so alone in my own house and that to when my DH is around..:-(

I get all these questions on why me,when i see the happy people..No one answers that question,except that i get more depressed.Hang on and this phase will move on..Brighter days will come and good luck with everything and do take care of you.

Even i am also trying to keep reminding all these things to myself.

Take care,

4 people like this.
  4. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Hi DrK,
    Long time no see, thought you had got over your problems.
    You are married to a selfish man who is enjoying making you slog as you cannot move out of marriage.
    He is getting all comforts and does not need any emotional support/connect from anyone.
    It appears that only women need emotional connect while men can do without it.

Perhaps he sees you as a housekeeper , mom to his kid thats all, not a companion.
    There are many couples like you and H where they go life like this its fate, destiny.
    He will change only when he needs you to take care of him, right now he is secure in his own world.
    But then you may not need him.

4 people like this.
  5. Young@heart

Young@heart Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you to do all without any help.

But on a positive note, it goes to prove that you are one Very Strong Woman:thumbsup who will cross this phase also.

Right now focus on getting the new classes/course and job. I am sure with the sincere hardwork you are putting in, that will be a cakewalk for you.

Rest needs to be taken care of after crossing this front. So, hang in there. All the best:)

4 people like this.
  6. DrKadambari

DrKadambari Gold IL'ite

Thank you all for your reply.
    @flowerlady : yeh i have been so busy with work and other stuff that I dont get time to bother about other issues that are underlying. Right he would realize that when he need that support probably after years, I have lost that trust in him after I found out about his virtual affairs, i can never connect with him at all. About a month ago I had an outburst, when I spoke about all those romantic words he had used on those women, how he was feeling for those women as their husbands were not supportive... I hold back so much but some times it just comes out. I told him, when you can pity other women that means you know what a husband has to do (I had read his chat logs with those women), then why dont you do !! He said dont do my laundry or cook for me, i will do it myself. I was like yes see even now you say that you will do your work but I am asking is why dont you share it and pitch in doing some work regularly. You cant do my work or kids work ever.... When I do, I do for all, when you have to do you do just yours, this is what i want you to change bla bla i was going on..

He does not like my attitude as I some times tell something to kid, it pricks him as if I am pointing at his mistake though its just general stuff. A to Y work at home I do, wont I be irritated, he wants everything in place.

My only aim is to get the job that I am trying to get into in a couple of months. No matter what I need that financial security for me and my daughter. I believe job will keep my sanity as I get to go out and speak to human beings than being inside 4 walls and wfh.

2 people like this.
  7. cantresistusa

cantresistusa Senior IL'ite

I think you both lost good moments because of being career oriented and couldnt have time for each other. He find comfortabl in virtual world as he couldnt get comforts in reality. reality means, he may have high expectations on you and couldnt fulfill.
    best remedy is, take frequent weekend vacations and atleast 3 hours drive. gift him something or fill those romantic things. or buy some after-shave or no matter how small it is as surprise..

Actually you are good in putting nice words, i wonder how it happens in your house, why he fails to understand your daily chaos and pain in this heaven-usa-but-also-hell..

8. shaluk

shaluk Silver IL'ite

hats off to you for doing so many things without getting reward or rest. i cant even imagine how tough it must be for you. Though i am not expert but i feel that you should stop loving him so much. it might sound crazy to you but from my experience underneath all hatred/anger/jealousy etc. there is deep bond of love which screams to be heard and it is this love which leads to all the expectations. Expectations are natural and are wonderful things but when we know through our past experience what someone is going to fall on some expectation then it only hurts us more when we have them over and over again. so if possible stop expecting him to do things. you have been doing it till now and there is a big possibility that you will keep doing it at least in near future. so better dont expect him to be helpful like other husbands. it might not look rightful at this point but i guess dropping expectations out of your bags should ease your pains, once you have your peace of mind back then you'll yourself will find solution to your problems.
    Good Luck,
    Shalu

1 person likes this.
  9. DrKadambari

DrKadambari Gold IL'ite

Married for about 5 yrs and am working just for an year that too from home. He did not turn out to find solace in virtual world after marriage, he had been doing it even before which I never knew till I found it a few months ago. So Its kind of clear that it was not because of me he is like that, he was like that even before marriage which I did not know and trying to change and adjust to him by changing myself completely. Before it was dawn and I realized that I had to look something stronger for myself. All i spent days worried of what might trigger his anger, what not to do, how to do things which might not make him wild... huh... wasted (ing) life and now a kid too..

@shaluk - I still am not able to become that determined and let go / that girl in me is still alive which gives that outburst, it takes time probably to get there like you said.

1 person likes this.
  10. greenbow

greenbow Gold IL'ite

DRK,

Agreed he is a jerk. But since you decided to stick with the jerk, you need to make your living a little more relaxed, rather than expecting him to make your life a little easy.

Baby steps -
    Monday - call him at work in the morning, tell him 'I am making ABC dinner, lets watch XYZ movie after dinner, ok'.... in the evening enjoy dinner/movie at home. Will he protest this? why would he?
    Wednesday - send him an sms right before he leaves from work asking him to bring his/your fav icecream... when he returns with icecream, scoop them into bowls and sit on sofa and eat together with your daughter watching TV
    Friday - buy yourself a AMC/Fandango gift card ($30), call him at his lunch hour and say 'I have a gift card, should we go to this/that movie'... pick a movie on the phone. Later you book the tickets online, get your daughter ready in the evening by the time he gets back, then all of you go to the movie.

By weekend, both of you wont be in crappy moods, so you can ask him if he wants to go for a long drive (Dont talk about your problems) and enjoy the weather and the drive.

Do this for a few weeks/months, slowly all the negativeness will start to fade and you will find space to breathe.

Dont expect him to turn good overnight. After you do this for a month, maybe you can start asking him to mind your daughter for a couple of hours while you have a long bath/facial etc for yourself.

All this may sound lovey-dovey and you may think how can I be like this with a jerk... but since you decided to stick with him, you have to get yourself out of the quicksand and slowly move towards the dry land.

5 people like this.