1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How can u deal with a stubborn husband who thinks he is s always right & u never reac

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by deepika9594, May 6, 2013.

1. deepika9594

deepika9594 New IL'ite

My husband is never clear with me, he is more into the mysterious kind of personality! not in a bad way that involves cheating but in other life matters which i keep telling him he should share with me since we r a couple! then again i find out about sth else that he never told me about on and on and on!!! then when we argue he insists that he didnt do anything wrong and u never reach to an end arguing with him till ur bored basically! help!! im going crazy dealing with his stubborn head!

2. sushshetty

sushshetty Silver IL'ite

Re: How can u deal with a stubborn husband who thinks he is s always right & u never

Hi,

I happen to read this article while surfing ....hope this helps you is someway..:)

At some point, anyone in a relationship has to learn how to deal with a stubborn spouse. Even though your wife or husband may not really be stubborn in nature, there are situations where this trait may surface and it’s better to be prepared in handling it.

Given that every person is unique, each one has many different characteristics that may conflict with that of another individual. A partner who isn’t willing to give in and has to have their way can mean trouble in a relationship.

If you have the same dilemma, the following are steps you can take to deal with a stubborn spouse.

Step 1: Understand Why Your Partner Is Being Stubborn.

Maybe you aren’t seeing the logic behind your spouse’s decisions. Try to see it in their perspective. Sometimes our judgment gets clouded by anger or frustration.

What are you missing? When you are learning how to deal with a stubborn spouse, remember that being in a relationship means you are ready to work out your differences and make sacrifices.

You are bound to have some differences; but trying to understand where your partner is coming from is the first step to resolving these.

Step 2: Pick Your Battles.

When your spouse just won’t back down, don’t waste your time trying to argue, nag, yell or complain otherwise.

If it means too much to your partner, let them know that you support them this time. Make them understand, however, that when the time comes that you are in the same position and it means more to you, you would ask their support in return. Choose your priorities and be willing to “lose” the rest.

Step 3: Take A Positive Approach.

The key to knowing how to deal with a stubborn spouse is to avoid hostility or violence of any kind. Fighting or freaking out is never the answer. Hot tempers will only bring about verbal or maybe even physical attacks.

The important thing is to keep a cool and level head, so that you would be able to talk or negotiate the issue calmly and reasonably. There is nothing a good talk can’t solve.

One way you can tip the balance in your favor is to present new evidence or proof that confirms the validity of your point. Oftentimes, ego gets in their way; but when you present new proof, their agreement will be perceived in light of that evidence and not because they changed their mind.

Learning how to deal with stubborn spouse, especially when they tend to become narrow-minded, can be challenging. However, be patient and keep in mind that learning how to handle this power struggle can guarantee a happy and successful relationship.

At some point, anyone in a relationship has to learn how to deal with a stubborn spouse. A partner who isn’t willing to give in and has to have their way can mean trouble. If you have the same dilemma, the following are steps you can take to deal with it.

Cheers

1 person likes this.
  3. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Re: How can u deal with a stubborn husband who thinks he is s always right & u never

sushshetty,
    good pointers to deal with stubborness.
    In the end to maintain a relationship with a stubborn person (be it spouse or anyone) is just not to get into conflict with them.
    Let him or her do their way and live with the consequences.