1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

husband never gives me any gifts for any occasion...breaks my heart :(

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by priya2782, Feb 7, 2013.

1. priya2782

priya2782 New IL'ite

thanks to everybody who responded,makes me feel I'm not alone in this...thnks to the men who tried explaing the other side of it..to those who askd we've known each other for 11 yrs now.I knw & accept that he's not the gifting kind, but just knowing that it means so much to me, it would have been nice if he took the effort to do something once in a while.
    Also, I'm not sure if I should stop gifting him, coz getting his gift makes him happy..if only he thought abt making me happy

1 person likes this.
  2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Don't be so disheartened priya...its just fine...some men just dont know how to express their love.

3. moukthika9

moukthika9 Gold IL'ite

All men graduates from same school.....so all behave in same way lol:rant:rant

1 person likes this.
  4. veronica123

veronica123 Bronze IL'ite

They should appoint women as teachers there instead of men:)

1 person likes this.
  5. letsknow

letsknow Silver IL'ite

Some people personality is like that, as long as he is loving and caring, you can look over this and gently remind him or gives clues so he remembers to do act on it.

6. RADIODOC679

RADIODOC679 Gold IL'ite

I made a policy if he did'nt buy any ,i would order online & bill it to him simple!!!Cant be expected to remian the demure ,silent,non demanding wife anymore!!!

4 people like this.
  7. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

this post which shows mens perspective has been really useful for me....now am not gonna bug my dh with dates and gift....thnks for letting us knw wht goes on in a mans mind.....

8. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

hehehee thats a very good idea... everytime some occassion comes i will think next year i will order it by myself but that next year doesnt come any sooner as i want him to buy something for me....................... ladies, and their wishes...................... only god knows...btt

9. anjalisingh152

anjalisingh152 Silver IL'ite

Yeah....
    It too broke my heart last year when were engaged and my husband forgot my birthday. Next day when I was not talking to him he thought for long time and called and told me areee yesterday was ur b'day naa... Even did not remember the day when we got engaged whaatsmiley..... :(

On his birthday I ordered online Cake and Pizza... This new year I gift him a DESK Calendar and has marked all important days i.e birthday, anniversary etc. .... One month to go for my birthday.... Hoping to see a positive result... at least a phone call at 12 am..... :)

3 people like this.
  10. manisha036

manisha036 Senior IL'ite

Hey
    My husbands DNA makes him surprise his mom, sis, bro, dad but me....:thumbsdown . On this karvachauth he promised me to gift a watch, a month later he told me that he ordered my watch with 2 other watches for his sis n mum as well. When i recieved the parcel, there were 2 watches, for his mum n sis. to this he said i dont remember if i had promised anything to you.Witsend.