1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

husband never gives me any gifts for any occasion...breaks my heart :(

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by priya2782, Feb 7, 2013.

1. priya2782

priya2782 New IL'ite

DH never gives me anything for b'da/anniv, forget otherwise.I always get him something for all occasions,so the expectation that maybe this time he will surprise me breaks my heart ..I know he's not overtly romantic or anything but despite saying it a no. of times, he still fails to give gifts at all ..I don't what to do about it..plz share your advice or experiences

2. ruknights

ruknights New IL'ite

email ^ exact statement you wrote here to him... it might work

if that doesnt work, give him thoughtful gifts and make him feel guilty that he doesnt put that effort for you

3. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

What do you both do on those special days? I mean how do you guys view the day?
    Is it any different/special from other days?
    The essence of exchanging gifts on special days is to differentiate that day from the rest,
    and convey the significant other that they are indeed significant.
    But (material)gifting is just one of the ways to convey that.

3 people like this.
  4. 2012

2012 Senior IL'ite

Hi Priya ,

Dont worry ,It happens for me also .......after marrage he forgot my first birthday/anniversary i was upset that time.I used to surprise him everytime by ordering gifts online or by reserving tables in restaurants......reciprocal is not happened till now....nw a days am remembering him that valentine day is cming u have to gve me roses nd chocolate........select a gift for me .....

It happen dont get upset .........There DNA is like that.....

5 people like this.
  5. ruknights

ruknights New IL'ite

i have to agree.. he ordered roses on last valentine after i asked him so i got my roses 10 days later (since we werent married, he ordered to get them delivered to my home online.. our homes were really really far from reach other).. i am trying to give him hints for rose this valentine's day too.. i swear no hugs/kisses for him for month if he doesnt give roses :bonk:hide::rotfl

3 people like this.
  6. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Don't feel bad over the gifts. I know it is easy to say. But some men are like that. There is nothing we can do to change them.

Only thing we can do is to change us - By 1. Not expecting gifts and buying what ever we need 2. Telling them in advance that you are expecting something Nice

My 2 Ideas don't seem much romantic but hey they work for some people.

4 people like this.
  7. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

There DNA is like that hahaha made me laugh 2012 :)
    Yup count my DH in this. solution: i started gifting myself :) i have to shop for this valentines gift for myself :)
    i know that is how he was bought up. they dont celebrate birthday. gosh they dont even wish each other on birthdays. i ask my DH to call his mom on his birthday. he does not think it is some special day. that is how he was brought up. i have accepted. well i dont stop telling him that he needs to surprise me ;) because this is ME :)

9 people like this.
  8. priya2782

priya2782 New IL'ite

@ruknights..as I said I always get him something spl, but he never gives back, so obviously it doesn't leave him feeling guilty..he rather said 'don't give me anything, if u think lik that'

9. priya2782

priya2782 New IL'ite

he doesn't do much..I give a gift ,cook a spl. meal & everything, but somewhere in my I'm expecting he'd say let's go out or he'll surprise me with something...nothing at al..zilch

1 person likes this.
  10. priya2782

priya2782 New IL'ite

@2012..oh I hate that DNA then.:spin:rant

1 person likes this.