1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hai, I am Saranya

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by saranyasarva, Jan 24, 2013.

1. saranyasarva

saranyasarva New IL'ite

I wish to start a orphange in India. Can any one help that what r the rules to start it?

2. drchakravarthy

drchakravarthy Senior IL'ite

why you wanna start without an aim?

3. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

chakravarthy,

I do not see how your question is relevant here. She asked what are the rules to start an Orphanage. I am not sure what her aim has got to do with it. Her aim in fact, can be to start an Orphanage.

Please respond only if you have something useful to add to the OP.

10 people like this.
  4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

There is a gentleman in Adoption section within this forum, his name is Viswamitra. I guess he can assist you.

5. GodIsOne

GodIsOne Gold IL'ite

Where in here did she mention that she doesn't have an aim?

OP,

All the best!. I do not have any information on it though. Hope God helps you to find the right people to guide you on this beautiful task.

1 person likes this.
  6. anuradha1

anuradha1 New IL'ite

Prepare a project report detailing the number of children to be accommodated and facilities you will be providing, like a nursery for babies, living room, playing room, library, etc. You also have to mention total investment required, like cost involved in land, building,etc.Additionally, you need to specify if you intend to get land on lease or buy it yourself, the investment you can make and the loan required.
    Meet legal requirements. Visit the child and family welfare department to get permission.

Orphanages are registered under The Indian Societies Registration Act of 1860 in India. It provided for the registration of literary, scientific and charitable societies.
    Under the act, societies might be formed by filing a memorandum of association with the Registrar of Societies. The memorandum has to contain the name of the society, its objects and the names, addresses, and occupations of the Governing Body Members by whatever name called duly signed for consent by all the Members forming the Society. A copy of the Rules and Regulations of the society has to be filed with the Memorandum of Association. A small fee is payable for registration

You also have to comply with the guidelines of Section 25 of Companies Act 1956 of India, which governs the registrations of nonprofit organizations. It's important to seek advice from your lawyer to open an orphanage in India, as legal technicalities have to be dealt.

Registration under Orphanages and other Charitable Homes (Control and Supervision) Act, 1960 or under Section 34 (3) of the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000 (hereinafter called J.J. Act) is also required.

All the best!:):thumbsup

5 people like this.
  7. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

Rule 1 :- Post in the right forum
    Rule 2 :- Google it
    Rule 3 :- Contact Local Orphanages in your locality and see what the protocol is.