1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"THIS YEAR, I WILL - New Year Resolution Contest - Jan 2013"

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by RiddhimaT, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Vijayabme

Vijayabme New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

This year I would like to do better than the previous year in every aspect of my life whether its family, work or social life.
    And I would like to do all that by being happy throughout the journey, because I believe happiness is a journey not a destination.

2. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

The Resolutions for this year
    1) I will try to be more social and think about my own happiness first
    2) Never cry while arguing with DH
    3)Manage myself to look beautiful
    4)Quit the habit of expressing my views upfront in public as it invited lot of troubles for me this year
    5)Handle all the tantrums and -ve comments with a smiling face without revealing my actual feeling

3 people like this.
  3. RieRie

RieRie Gold IL'ite

I wanna lose weight...i wanna lose weight...i wanna lose weight...(actually this is a carry forward resolution from last year :D)

1 person likes this.
  4. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

I am a happy person..i love my family and they love me,nice hubby,cute kid,not fat ....so what is it that is the real problem in my life....my problem is i talk too much.i usually end up in trouble because i talk too much.i am one of those who can talk non stop.i can bore a person to death with my talks(i feel).Sometimes its funny but things turn bad when something unexpected comes out of my mouth at a wrong place.This hurts those who are related to me and of course it hurts me too.And then the guilt conscious follows.My problem doesnt end there.My problem is i cant speak at places where i should actually speak out.
    I have decided with 2013 i 'll overcome this problem of mine.Slowly but steadily i have to keep trying.I have put sticknotes in my cupboards(kitchen & bedroom) to remind myself not to talk too much.My resolution also includes taking care not to give too much advice on relationships.And a non interference policy in case of my in laws.I like them and dont want to hurt them with my silly talks.I want a happy family at the end :)

2 people like this.
  5. lamray07

lamray07 New IL'ite

Hi all,

Belated New year wishes to all.......

My new year resolution is that I should sponsor for atleast one child's education... At any cost I'll carry out because even i finished my studies with scholarship amount i received ....

Regards,
    Lakshmi

2 people like this.
  6. RiddhimaT

RiddhimaT Platinum IL'ite

Hey All,

It's great to see the participation numbers rising! :)

Just a request, Kindly put in only those "Resolutions that are related to your Family and Relationships."

Keep up the spirit!

Cheers!:thumbsup

7. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Rihana!!

8. swaasame

swaasame New IL'ite

Hi there!

Just came across this thread..i wanted to share the big decision i have made in my life, simply because i love my parents too much... and i want to give back to them at least a small portion of their unending love and the countless sacrifices they have made for me..

I found my calling as a doctor more than a decade ago, since then there has been no looking back. My loving parents, my sweet sister and my amazing husband have all been there to support me through this profession which is demanding, in terms of dealing with both for patients and their relatives, ...especially for an Indian lady.
    I now also have my little sunshine in my lap who seems to understand my every need and acts accordingly.

At this juncture of life, i realised its now time to give back to all these awesome people in my life who have stood support through the tough times.
    Parents are old. They are retired and lonely for the children for whom they have toiled their entire lives and given them wings. We have reaped these benefits and have flown high up into the sky.

My new year resolution was this: I had decided not to follow the flock of doctors who are emigrating abroad , to greener pasteurs . Though going abroad is the best thing for me and my family, i realised that there would be no one to mentally and emotionally support my parents , when they need me the most.
    I resolved to stay back in India, close to my parents, so that they have me to always be there close to them during their old age. It would be cruel to uproot them from their beloved homeland for the sake of us and their grandchild.
    I have only one message to fellow ILites: Love your ageing parents...and your child too will love you the same way that they observe you doing.

Wishing everyone a blessed and joyous New yr!

5 people like this.
  9. devanya

devanya Senior IL'ite

Great decision. I think next to God are our parents.

10. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

My New Year Resolutions,

1.Keep my fitness by excercising daily without fail(I do excercises, but not consistently through out week, so now want to be more serious.
    2.Taking care of myself(as a working woman and housewife sacrifice became part of life) now decided to take extreme care of myself, like getting time to enjoy my favourite movies. trying tips for skin care and hair care. Learning to say "NO' for things which I cannot handle at home.
    3.Growing spritually . spending everyday on yoga/meditation and keeping my spirit up for not getting affected what people play games, tantrums with me.
    4. More strict on health. Trying all alternative/holistic approaches to keep my mind and body balanced.
    5. spend some time everyday on sites of Dr.Weil, Dr. Deepak Chopra, beyongblue,healyourlife etc. to learn new things for emotional well being.

SK.

1 person likes this.