1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help..what should I do to ease my wife's pain after affair

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Inder4, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Inder4

Inder4 New IL'ite

This is a shortened version of what happened. Yes I was wrong and feel terrible and want to repent.

I met a lady on an affair site in January. We corresponded for a few months and before meeting I fell for her and told her I love her. I felt it at the time. I felt a bond with this lady and I threw caution to the wind and I pursued her. We spoke every single day by email ,text and on the online during the work week. When I was at work I would call her while driving there and while driving back home, basically we would be in contact from 6:30 am to 9 pm 5 days a week. It was truly a love affair at that point. We exchanged I love you's all the time.

In April my wife found out she is pregnant, still I did not end the affair. Instead I met this lady and we continously slept together and spend time with each other.
    By July, I was feeling guilty , confused because I love my wife of 12 years. My mistress,she was demanding time I didn't have. I got frustrated and broke it off by email, broke her heart in the process I am sure. She truly loved me it seemed but I was torn and never planned on leaving my wife. As an Indian Sikh man , we don't believe in divorce.

This lady never contacted me , not once after that email. I thought about her every single day after that but was too scared to call or text her. About 2 months later I received a text, the first words she ever said to me since I broke it off, she said, she still hates me but is thankful she met someone like me who opened her eyes to loving without fear. I was excited to hear from her and couldn't let her go. I missed her. I responded and chased her again, telling her how much I still loved her and would love her forever. I was just crazy for this women at this point. She was modern, had model looks, and was independent. A total 180 from my wife who is pretty and sweet but not flashy, not independent, just very typical desi wife. She was hesitant but she let me prove it to her. Our affair just started back in full force, until I started having those feelings of guilt when my wife started to suspect due to her spirtual advisor leading her to the conclusion I was cheating. Even though I made so many promises to my mistress, I made her take me back and promised I wouldn't ever run away again without an explanation. I told her I would always be honest. By then I knew I had to get out of it , all the while still seeing my mistress but dropping hints along the way that my wife suspects and that it was more difficult to get out..get away.
    I should have just told her the truth but instead I tried to make her leave me. That did not work. I even pretended to be my wife and emailed her saying to leave my husband alone. She played coy and mentioned that she thinks someone is harassing her. In the email I said I am Inder's wife and still she did not tell me. Instead, I later found out she checked my IP address and compared the times my wifes emails were coming in to when I was emailing her with the IP adress and cell phone id's. She turned out to be quite smart, she figured out I was sending the emails but didn't tell me at the time. She just said nothing.

I stepped up my plan to end it and told her my wife downloaded our text conversations. I told her my wife and whole family knows everything. I told her they threatened me, if I don't end it they will bankrupt me and stop me from seeing my kid. She sympathized but started to question me. She looked up text message rules and figured you can't get them without a supeona. she said we can stay friends. No matter what I said to convince her, I could feel she knew I was lying. I finally said I had no choice , the phone got disconnected, she tried to get me to call back but I never did for a week. That really hurt her and she sent me lots of emails trying to figure out why I was so cold, how could I not even say goodbye. As a guy, not sure how I was suppose to go about ending this. I wish I was kinder , instead I turned cold to push her away and I didn't respond to her emails and changed my cell number.
    One week later , on Monday when I went to work, I looked at all her emails saying she was in pain over this and my treatment of her. She was getting ore frustrated..erractic maybe. She said that I have a daughter and should know better how I would want her treated. She said that she knew I was lying, she felt it and that all she asked is that I actually end it with a conversation not an email. I called her, still annoyed , not sure what there is to say. Right away she said she didn't believe me and was crying. I told her I don't care anymore and that it was over, I wanted out. She didn't try to stop me just said fine. She did say at that point, "just do what you want to do Inder and I will do what I want to do" and "If you are going to be a B**** to me I will be an even bigger one to you" I said I am sorry and goodbye amd hung up. After about ten minutes she texted my work cell which she rarely called or texted, she said that was the worst goodbye ever and she would never forget the pain I put her through. I thought about it and called back and said i am sorry for the way I acted. Whatever I felt was real at the time but I just couldn't continue. We ended on goodbye , take care.

That same day, 2 hours later, I get a call from my wife asking who is "leesha". I thought she had called or emailed my wife with some info. I said I don't know who she is,hoping I could smooth it over. Then she persisited and I said she is a friend from work, not knowing my mistress was sitting in my house.

I never told her where I lived, I actually live in another state than her, she somehow found the address. She drove the 80 miles to tell my wife all the details of our affair and to giver her all the pictures I sent to her ..even nude ones. She even told my wife she is pregnant which I am not sure I believe that.
    My wife is also 8 months pregnant and my wife is sobbing all week and besides being devastated, she is very scared that my mistress will tell everyone in the family.

What Can I do to prevent further assault from this scorned lover of mine? I want her out of my life and I don't want her to tell my wife's family which I believe she knows from what she told my wife.

Also my wife is pregnant and insecure about her looks and she got to see my mistress who I already stated was extremely attractive which makes my wife so jealous and hurt knowing what I did with her. How do I start making this up to her? I want to save my marriage and never talk to my mistress again.

I know I am a total cad in this whole situation and deserve this. I hurt my wife and my lover. I knoow my wife won't leave plus she is having out baby in a few weeks. What should I do at this point to repent???/ Please help....

Inder

2. cuppcake

cuppcake Gold IL'ite

Wow..had all the fun all this while, even admittedly being 'scared' and a 'total cad'?

Love it how quickly you have gotten over the whole mess, decided to move on and now to the stage of 'repentance'. Nice work done my friend when ur wife was at her most vulnerable..like we say in hindi " 900 chuhe khaake billi haj ko chali". (the cat wants to go on a pilgrimage to repent after polishing off 900 mice)

Ur wife's pregnant and now u want to get rid of the 'mistress'. What's the confusion? Ahh..the troublesome mistress. U must have thought that u'll have the regular nice affair now and then and everyone will understand. Aww, too bad for u, looks like the mistress doesn't. "ser ko sava ser mil gaya" ?

The other concern? That everyone will come to know? Let them. Face upto what u have done. Wanna save face? U don't deserve it actually. Take that as a future deterrent for urself, given ur poor track record on keeping up with ur promises to urself. Ask for sincere forgiveness from your wife (without dramatic tears and scenes- something tells me u'd be that kind). Give her all the love care and support that u can at this time. Thanks to u, she's in a bad shape(mentally) at the wrong time.

What harm can ur mistress possibly do after that? Unless she shows up in a bikini and u decide that ur feeling weak again.

Dont worry everyone will for the most part forgive this transgression of yours. "laut ke buddhu ghar ko aaye", "sadbuddhi aa gayi" they'll say. U know that too, since u happily took off on this adventure.

But yeah, I do hope ur wife has the strength to let loose hell on u if u ever, ever do this again. To doubly make sure that you never cheat on ur wife again, check out the movie 'diabolique'. Will give u a lot of food for thought.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
    6 people like this.
  3. angelvoice

angelvoice Gold IL'ite

thank your stars that ur wife has not already left your sorry ass behind..
    thank your stars.. that she is a gem...

1 person likes this.
  4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Troll......................................

3 people like this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

OP, your only hope is that your wife is having an affair with her spiritual advisor and the baby is his.

25 people like this.
  6. cuppcake

cuppcake Gold IL'ite

U totally crack me up, Rihana :))

2 people like this.
  7. positivegal

positivegal Gold IL'ite

Good story

1 person likes this.
  8. cuppcake

cuppcake Gold IL'ite

I almost feel foolish reprimanding him now and breaking my head over this issue..DOES look like a troll now.

9. angelvoice

angelvoice Gold IL'ite

yup....
    trolly beta... agli baar yahaaan mat aana..:rant

(trolly son, next time dont come here)

10. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Has anyone EVER known a Sikh man to talk or write like this???? My opinion due to the writing style is its fabricated by some woman. Shame on you!

5 people like this.