1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

please suggest me

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Stressfull, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Stressfull

Stressfull Silver IL'ite

Well I'm hesitating to discuss these things but i need to vent otherwise I'm going crazy

We r living outside India. My husband has a very good job here but the problem is he will be always on the business trips if he stays 1 month in local the other month he will be out of station to some other country ours was a purely arranged marriage before marriage they said he will settle in India so my parents agreed they don't want me to settle in abroad so they thought its OK he will return within 1 year after marriage in the meantime i can complete my studies (i was doing my P.G at that time) so the marriage was done while I'm studying only at that time his job was not permanent so he also thought he may return to India after my studies r completed but by luck he changed to another job where his salary was in hike so he want to settle in abroad we both came from normal middle class family so he thought we can settle well if we stay in abroad so he was trying for permanent card for me also i faced lot of obstructions in getting permanent card so he asked me to stay at my in laws place for sometime but he used to take me to abroad for short visits it took 4yrs for me to permanently to settle in abroad .

So here my problems started my in laws I creating problems for me both my mil & fil started to abuse me verbally that I'm making their son to permanently settle in abroad he is the only son I'm having two sils so obviously they started to feel insecure i will change their son completely if we settle in abroad they started to badmouth me I'm wasting their sons money for visits & phone calls i used to bear everything silently as I'm new to their family and i feared they may create some misunderstandings between me & my Dh if i talk back they never left me to live in peace even if go to my parents house immediately 2nd day they use call we fell sick u had to take the hospital they use play all kind of dramas all these has taken severe toll on my health i went into deep depression and once i tried to commit suicide then my father has blasted my hus and said to him either u come and settle here or take her to ur place as soon as possible he has taken me for visit then I got the permanent card all most all problems has settled down with time but in laws greed has increased to height they cannot see anything beyond money .

This is one side my dh is good person he is very caring towards me he will help me in everything & he supports me in everything this hurting my in laws ego so every time i go to India they will create some or the other problems for me forgot to mention my hus is also having lot of ego problem i never liked his job of being business trips this is causing rifts between us he says this is time we can earn if we struggle now only then only we can settle our kid well later we can also have a peaceful life.

yes it maybe true but how many days i can pass like this i had 3yr old hyperactive so i cannot go anywhere with her yesterday also again he went to another country I'm feeling very lonely yesterday we had big argument he never like me to talk in a loud voice when argument is going he will mainly concentrate on shutting my mouth but i will go on & go so the argument will take new turn then he will take me class how one should acquire patience especially girl his main concern when he is angry i should
    Not utter a word but I'm not able to remain calm does anyone facing these situation any suggestions how can i change myself i had a fear again i will go into the depression i had to look after my child these things taking toll on my head.

sorry & thanks for bearing long post

2. Stressfull

Stressfull Silver IL'ite

wow 72 views but no reply thank u freinds

3. MaritalBliss

MaritalBliss Platinum IL'ite

There is no full stops it's so difficult to read your text hence no reply its just going on and on continuously

6 people like this.
  4. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

Ok. yes its a bit difficult to read & understand ur post coz of continuous sentences. Anyway what u need to do immediately is calm ur mind first. 2nd as u say ur dh is an understanding person, try to build a stronger relation with him...so avoid arguments for that moment... when u both r calm its better for both to understand & react to the situation. sometime we talk things just in anger & regret later...it happens with me so many times...

about ur in-laws minimum contact is best. Also keep ur parents informed about the situation. If his parents were that against sending their only son abroad fearing he will settle permanently then they shouldnt have sent him in the first place.....

work on calming your mind first dear...that will help u atleast a bit. take care.

1 person likes this.
  5. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Try to be a bit more patient. His desk job (without traveling) may not pay that much. One income family, and he is trying to make more money while you are both young. For a man maintaining a family singlehandedly, leaving a well paid job is very difficult - since there is no cushion of second income..Are you working? If not I suggest you take up a job. Looking after a 3yr old and being at home 24/7 can be very stressful. If you take up a job
    1. You will have something to do, adult interaction and confidence
    2. Two salaries in the family, so your husband might see more sense in finding a desk job
    3. You can save money they inlaws greed can't eat into
    4. Your child will learn to interact and adjust with other children in the day care. It will make his transition to school easy...

2 people like this.
  6. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

hi stressfull , yes it is bit difficult to read your post , even i could not read full post nicely but i feel that could be because you must be really stressed.
    i can just suggest try to be calm .

1 person likes this.
  7. Stressfull

Stressfull Silver IL'ite

Thank u for replying i edited the post if i start now again it will go on so its better for me to stop now

8. Stressfull

Stressfull Silver IL'ite

@DGcreative thanks for ur comforting words dear

@cutemonster thanks dear y'day whole night i was crying thinking all the past incidents i need to vent so everything came out inflow actually this is my biggest backdrop when im in a badmood all past things cope up in my mind I'm trying hard to overcome all this

9. Stressfull

Stressfull Silver IL'ite

@ tulipz currently I'm not working i had a planning to join the job next year yes regarding my dh job what u said is correct but with my lo I'm feeling very lonely if i was in India at least i can ask my parents to join me for sometime but here its not possible next year I'm planning to go India I'm really missing my parents but i don't know what problems are awaiting for me there

10. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Hi Stressful,
    Calm down. You are lucky to have a nice husband. Stop thinkin of your parents and his parents all the time.
    Cut the apron strings and grow up. You have a 3 year old who is looking up to you for love and care. You are a Mom so behave like one.
    You are not happy with your H's job since he is touring , and you don't like staying alone with kid.
    Soon your child will be joining school and you will have more time on your hands. Use it constructively instead of wasting it thinking of PILs.
    They will not be thinking of you 24x7 to be sure.
    Start some new project / course and you have less time to brood.
    Take your kid out to a park, make friends, this will please you and lessen the kid's hyper-activity.
    Tell your MIL that she should talk to her son about his career.
    Try to be happy and enjoy your stay abroad, so many girls want your type of life.

PS-You still need more paraphrasing !!