1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Stubborn Hushand - how to manage??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by briteson, Dec 8, 2012.

1. briteson

briteson New IL'ite

Hi Ladies..

I am in a fix. Yesterday my husband and I had a fight. I was not feeling well and I just made the mistake of complaining to him about "you dont care, you dont even ask".

He started telling me - your parents dont care for you. they threw you out of the house (2 months after delivery and 4 months we were seperated coz of his mother). they dont want to keep you.blah blah. this happ during marriage (3 yrs since our marriage and he still wants to say the same thing), that happ during marriage. ur parents dont love us. etc etc. I also said some things against his family -but only after he spoke a lot against mine.

anyway, it was bitter and we stopped speaking - since that is the only way. Now, the next day - he is not talking and not eating at home. If I ask, he just says yes or no. This is no the first time it has happ. Whenever there is a fight he just wont eat or do anything. Last time we had a fight his parents interfered and it led to our seperation. We have a baby and seperation or divorce is not an option for me now. But this is mental torture. If I try to logically and calmly tell him that prolonging the fight wont help he doesnt listen. He just gets more angry.

Problem is - my inlaws are again coming next week and if this continues they will tell me to pack my bags and come to live with them . I hate this. Dont I have a say of my own? DIdnt my husband also bad mouth my family? So why the onus on me to behave all the time?

Ladies.. I need help. One, how to stop fight with a stubborn husband? and Two - how to make sure I dont get asked to leave.. anyone???

2. beanstalk

beanstalk Gold IL'ite

The best thing to do would be to let him get normal at his own pace. Next time, you both fight tell him, what matters most in this relationship is not our parents but me and you. We will only be bitter and hate each other if we bring parents into our arguments. But when in argument, lets focus on us.
    As or when is family is coming, dont bring this up with either of them, let him recuperate from his last fight, be cordial with them and loving towards him. Don't give him a reason to bring this dirty laundry out in front of your inlaws. This will only worsen the situation for you.
    Personally I think you will always like, love or tolerate inlaws only because you love your spouse, it can never be other way around. You cannot just love your in-laws no matter how nice they are, because you feel conneced to them via your spouse.
    I love/like my in-laws because I love my husband very much and I know sharing a good relationship with them will make him happy.

3. Topaz

Topaz Silver IL'ite

One think you must understand, your husband like many others has not grown up and is used to throwing tantrums, to get his way.

He is NOT going to change....might reduce slightly after 5-10 years but will never go away! This is hIS character trait.

Now you have to learn either put up with it or prove your point and continue fighting for the rest of your life together.

When he says things about your family or drag their names into your fights, is only because he knows it Will get you mad and more angry. So don't let him push your buttons, ignore his comments and eventually he will realize that this tactics are not. working and will stop it.

Until the you are just ging to have to put up withit as you want tocontinuethis relationship!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
    2 people like this.
  4. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

When we call someone stubborn.. there's something equally about us... we're asking/ sticking for X and that person is telling/ sticking to Y (which can also be -X ).

How to avoid fights - don't interfere or question.... wait for the day when the goals become common and mutual. It can be an endless wait or the light can come soon.

Don't get asked to leave - Its democracy - freedom of speech, you can't ask ppl not to speak what they want.... you can either make yourself immune to this statement or .... never bring up a topic which leads to fight so that the breadwinner MAN is at peace or... clarify it to your husband & inlaws that you don't plan to go anywhere in the most decent tune & facial expression... no matter u feel like a volcano inside.

2 people like this.
  5. jewel4u86

jewel4u86 Silver IL'ite

Dear Briteson,

It is the mentality of the men to dominate women in one or the other way. And the very good option they have is to throw tantrum about our family, so that we get hyper and tell them abt their family. which they will take a point to keep their ego ahead. Men are the most egoistic person, they wont bow.

Now to deal with it, u need to be patient.

first of all u should keep ur ego aside and plan out something special for him.

Secondly say sorry and tell him that i told u as i was angry but i did not meant that at all. i know its not that easy but if u want to maintain your relation u need to bow little. Remember "Only trees which bow can bear fruits".

As well as try to have normal talk. do not talk about the fight or who was right and who was wrong.

Thirdly never let ur inlaws get involve in ur fights. to fight is the right of every couple, but inlaws does not have right to interfere in it.

Try to work this out as soon as possible.

Let me know if it helped u in any way.

Rgds,
    jewel

1 person likes this.
  6. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Ouch....!! :drowning

Men are egoistic. True. But I have seen a lot of women with the super ego.....not willing to bow down to compromise with even
    when the husband is ready to compromise...!:)