1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should I Marry my Fiancee - Please Advise

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Karanverma, Nov 14, 2012.

1. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

2 years older than you
    No wonder she is calling all the shots. More like a bullying big sister.
    Wake up. Like I said before just the word you are not man enough would be a big no. She can act and pretend now but in the back of her mind you are not man enough a desperate guy to get married.

1 person likes this.
  2. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

This is a huge red flag.

3. DrKadambari

DrKadambari Gold IL'ite

Boy you both are not wrong, you both have different perspective towards life. You deserve a girl who was controlled / just lived with parents under those traditional restrictions. I strongly feel that. This does not mean that you are bad or anything.

She is as well not wrong in being outgoing and having guys as her friends. For me boy or a girl - friend is a friend, I know and knew b4 marriage where to draw line though I had mostly guys as my friends. They had respect towards me than anything bad - my husband thought like the way you do. I thought that things would change after marriage - it all changed to be worse.

Knowing each other for 10 longggg years that too in distance relationship, each other would have taken one other for granted. Dont spoil your and her life marrying

3 people like this.
  4. lukywife

lukywife Gold IL'ite

You both are not compatible.You should accept the girl for what and how she is.What is wrong with shorts? You are conservative.Everyone has the right to wear what they want.Change your perception or choose some other girl.In my point of view, I dont find anything wrong with that girl.You should be grateful that atleatst your gf is asking you permission.If i were her, i would not have asked permission.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  5. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

Grateful? LMAO!

2 people like this.
  6. Karanverma

Karanverma Senior IL'ite

Lukywife,

-Thank you for responding !!

Well, I agree that everyone has right to wear whatever one desires. However, being a man, I know that 'most' men (I am being very diplomatic, when I say 'most' :) ) will always develop lust towards women in short skirts (and I am stopping just here). I do not want my wife to be a showpiece and would expect my wife to think on same lines. Yes, I agree that I am conservative.

1 person likes this.
  7. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

:confused2: I thought when someone asks for permission for a thing, then they would not do it unless it is permitted. :)

2 people like this.
  8. DrKadambari

DrKadambari Gold IL'ite

Just reminds me of one movie dialogue in a regional language - Girl in the house has to wrap completely but he drolls over other girls outside wearing revealing cloths / even sari for that matter. (what he does, is what he thinks the world is / the world is filled with people like him)

9. alekya1

alekya1 Gold IL'ite

She wants you to change. You both don't seem to be compatible. I am not saying you are wrong but in a relationship you need to be bit flexible with your preferences/likes/dislikes/priorities. She must love you for the way you are. Though she has apologized to you, she doesn't seem to be serious. Have a serious talk with her.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  10. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

You met her around 16years of age and her's is around 18years.

And today if you wanted to change your relation to conservative wife and husband relation it won't happen suddenly.

You both are friends until sometime back and women don't like to switch there minds from a friend to husband.They like a role of a friend where they want there won freedom.

Here you are trying to enter into life a conservative husband.It's tough deal.Even though she knows the difference,it's not easy on her either to change your roles.

At this point,don't try to rush into marriage.I am not sure when did you both of you decided to get married though.Probably it's good for both of you to wait more time to see this relation can really work.

There is vast difference between a being a friend vs beving a husband.

2 people like this.