1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

is it is necessary to have our own space in a marraige???

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by misba, Nov 12, 2012.

1. misba

misba New IL'ite

do u think tht wife and husband relation ship should be transparent or there must be some space each in each others own life , is it is necassary tht thay hide there private matters with each others , asking anything to husband becomes interfering in his private space ,
    or not lettng him leave freely

2. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

i certainly need space, trust and respect in any relationship.

to each , his own.

3. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

It depends on the type of person and relationship between them. Some space is good but you both should agree & respect that. If only 1 wants space & the other feel bad about it then its nt good.

4. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

i need my own space..and when i expect that, i would like to give my DH the same..

5. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

There is wide range of opinions on what is considered private space between husband and wife. IMO, It is not necessary to tell every petty thing about office matters, spending, outdoor activities, hobbies, etc. But I really don't understand what is meant by private space when you are at home.

If a husband is chatting online with someone and demands wife will not look at the screen, is he seeking private space or is he being suspicious? Or say, if a wife makes 'gajar ka halwa' in the afternoon and finishes it off before he comes home, should she be transparent and tell him or think of it as her personal space?

5 people like this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The gajar ka halwa, if finished off all alone, would make its way to a very personal space.... on her waistline... :)

7 people like this.
  7. ruknights

ruknights New IL'ite

personal space is over-rated lol... to me, it really doesnt mean anything more than "do not creep into spouse's confidential (or password protected) things without permission"

8. anugamit

anugamit Platinum IL'ite

I need my own space and respect DH's personal space too.....but i would definitely poke (just out of curiosity) into DH's matters if he intentionally hides from me. He will remain my suspicion target till he admits. :)

2 people like this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What a wee little part of a person's life are his acts and his words! His real life is led in his head, and is known to none but himself.

All day long, and every day, the mill of his brain is grinding, and his thoughts, not those other things, are his history. His acts and his words are merely the visible, thin crust of his world, with its scattered snow summits and its vacant wastes of water--and they are so trifling a part of his bulk! a mere skin enveloping it. The mass of him is hidden--it and its volcanic fires that toss and boil, and never rest, night nor day. These are his life, and they are not written, and cannot be written.

~ Mark Twain, The Autobiography of Mark Twain

4 people like this.
  10. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

for me the more you are transparent the better is your life :) it might even apply to finishing off gajar ka halwa before hubby is back from office..i mean why give space for unnecessary doubts when you dont have anything to hide about????

2 people like this.