1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

what do you expect

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sk04, Nov 11, 2012.

1. sk04

sk04 New IL'ite

Girls ,

What i want to know is do you expect your husband to inform you when he drops his female colleague when coming back from office even when it happens occasionally.It is out of the way to my home but just extra 10 mintues but i would really appreciate if he tells me.
    what do you expect?.
    thanks

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
    1 person likes this.

2. itsmebhagi

itsmebhagi IL Hall of Fame

Hi!
    That's very true...and its always good to keep each other informed on these things...
    So that it can avoid a lot of misunderstandings!! :)

3. sk04

sk04 New IL'ite

thanks bhagi....I really appreciate that ...78 views and atleast 1 person bothered to reply.

1 person likes this.
  4. itsmebhagi

itsmebhagi IL Hall of Fame

Mention not...and Welcome :) :)

5. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

How do you know that he drops a female collegue?Are you concerned that he takes extra ten minutes to reach home and you want to know what he does in that time?is the female colllegue an issue or are you ok if its a male collegue?

6. mayavindra

mayavindra Silver IL'ite

Hi,

It all depends.Do you have a feeling that he is hiding it from you ,not being transparent or is he informing you everytime he drops his colleague?How did you come to know about it?

7. sk04

sk04 New IL'ite

JGVR
    this does not happen daily only when he has to work on weekends and he goes to office.1st time he told me ,next time i had to borrow his gps to go my friend house who recently moved near my place and found a new address... after coming home googled ( and prev day was sunday he went to office).Asked him the next day.He said yes,i dropped 2 colleagues.Recently samething happened i asked him directly he said yes.He called me twice before leaving office .He just could have told me he is going to drop her and come.

No, im neither concerned that he takes extra 10 min to reach home nor what he does every min he is away from home.No that female is not an issue
    .I know i'm expecting him to let me know only becoz its a female.

Mayavindra,

No, he is not hiding anything from me.I love him ,he loves me .I trust him more than i trust myself.He never goes to anyplace without me n dd.

I know this may sound stupid and controlling ..but i just would be happy if he lets me know.

I just want to know whether u guys feel the same way.Or is it ok if your husband doesn't inform you.

thanks.

8. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

I would be really happy if my husband told me .... otherwise I trust in God, and trust in my Husband to do the right thing.

On the other hand, if I was being dropped off by a male colleague, or working long hours with a male colleague, I would let my husband know, and probably text him every now and again to keep him posted, i.e. have you eaten dinner, etc, etc.

I would try my best to make sure there is no misunderstanding from my end.

Also, if your husband is not doing something you expect, don't nag him or scold him. I'm new to marriage myself and believe me, no one likes to be nagged or scolded, they will only pull away from you.........

And remember one thing, if it appears that your husband is spending time with someone younger, prettier, smarter than you, God is always with you.

Whomever God is with, God will protect.

If you pray to God to make your marriage strong, and endure, and you pray that you and your husband will always love each other and be together, no one, including anyone who is younger, prettier, smarter than you can take your place. Your place is rightfully with your loving husband.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  9. ruknights

ruknights New IL'ite

if his colleague lives only 10 mins drive from ur home, it isnt very odd for your dh to give ride to his female colleague.. she probably doesnt have a car available on weekends.. or since she has a coworker who lives only 10 minutes away, sharing car makes sense.. it saves gas .. she is probably giving money or giving him a lunch or something for a ride... as far as your dh informing you goes, i think men usually dont say everything that happens in a day... if you asked him, he will probably tell you... you can always ask questions and find out who that colleague is.. i am assuming you dont doubt your dh..

10. sk04

sk04 New IL'ite

ZipZipZoomZoom,

thanks...just like u said when i used to work on weekends i used call/inform him...this is not abt an affair...

ruknights,

i don't have any doubts.She is married,doesn't have car, uses public transportation.She is not giving money/lunch /anything for the ride.He is just helping her sometimes.what u said is right...men don't say everything that happens in a day.

anyways...told him yesterday that i don't like to find out from a gps that he is dropping somebody...n would appreciate if he lets me know if not everytime atleast once in a while.

thanks girls.

1 person likes this.