1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Alcoholic -> non-alcoholic

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by gopinath, Oct 11, 2012.

1. gopinath

gopinath Silver IL'ite

Dear all,

i staretd this thread to know whether someone has success stories who changed alcoholic person into non-alcoholic person.

is there any solution to change alcoholic persons?

Lots of ads we can see that some ayurveda medicine can be give to quit this habit.
    some organisation also avaialble who treats alcoholic person by councelling and with some medicines.

those are reliable sources?

Share your experience,will be helpful for others who r suffering...

anbudan
    Gopinath

2. Butturcup

Butturcup Senior IL'ite

Please understand that alcoholism is a disease. The person who is drinking has to realize this and seek medical attention. I do not know about Ayurveda. There are meds in allopathy to decrease craving and some meds which will make you sick when you drink in that way you develop aversion to drinking etc.. Once the person makes the decision to quit he needs to see a psychiatrist to help him through the process... He should avoid any situation or friends which would make him drink... So far theist successful way to quit drinking is Alcoholics Anonymous. It is an organization and invokes former alcoholics who can help alcoholics. It is amazing how they work. A former alcoholic knows the tricks and excuses an alcoholic will make and counter them... But please understand the alcoholic has to make the decision to seek someone's help. I feel trying to quit on your own is a terrible idea as people can go into withdrawals which can range from tremors to seizures.. The withdrawal reaction can be controlled medically.. It will be a long process and wish the best for you and your family