1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Anniversary/bday gift ideas for an extremely loving husband! Help Please :)

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SunNaa, Oct 1, 2012.

1. SunNaa

SunNaa Platinum IL'ite

Hello everyone...this is my first thread in this forum...

So I have my first anniversary coming up in 2 months...I am so confused as to what I should give him...and 5 days after our first anniversary it's his birthday so basically there are two occasions...

The main problem is that my husband loves me so much (ok that's not a problem :rotfl ) but I mean he does so much for me that at times I find it hard to match up...I know you don't really need to try to match up...but it's kind of like this...

Even if I mention something in casual conversation...that thing will be there in front of my eyes the very next day...for example... I liked a watch this is few days before our wedding...but that watch was very expensive ...so I just told him that I liked this watch but was so expensive...it was casual conversation...I totally forgot about that watch afterwards...when I came to US after wedding...that watch was there on the table...

it's like my life is full of such stories...he has given me soooo many gifts..laptop for birthday...ipad and iphone when we got engaged...n what not...the list in endless n I have given him nothing! I just made a collage of our pictures in a album kind of thing and gave it to him as our wedding gift... He loved it and says it's the most beautiful gift...whenever I tell him I don't give you anything..he'll say your love is everything to me...I know it is but still this time I want to give him something nice...something special...

like it's my birthday day after tmrw...and just now he surprised me that he has booked tickets and we are flying to Vegas for my birthday tmrw...I want to give a similar kind of surprise...

Also he doesn't want anything for himself...if a shirt is say 70$ he'll say it's expensive...but for my birthday yesterday he got me a dress for 300$...Why? because when it comes to me...money is immaterial but if there's something he needs to buy for himself..he'll say...I'll buy something later...also his other famous dialogue... "girls are beautiful so they should wear these expensive clothes n jewelry..it suits them...guys ka kya hai...they aren't meant for such expensive stuff :rotfl

Please someone tell me what should I give him...these 2 gifts should really be special...!! It feels like I never gave him anything :(

I just want to show how lucky I feel to have him! :)

Edit to add: It's not that I am looking for something materialistic...I am not at all materialistic neither is my hubby...I have written notes for him, he has given me random roses, he cooks for me sometimes, I love preparing his favorite dishes...so yeah we keep on doing these small small things for each other... I will be doing all that this time around too but along with that I want to give him some nice present too...

2. SunNaa

SunNaa Platinum IL'ite

Also can I add...I am not working right now...

so at times I feel if I buy something for him...it will be from his hard earned money only...although if I say this to him..he says it's our money..why do you even think that way...did our parents ever differentiate like this...

I know parents didn't...but I was working in India before getting married..left my job and moved here...so yeah at times I feel if I buy something expensive for him it will be from his money only...

3. deepslikes

deepslikes Platinum IL'ite

Hi.....So sweet that you want to do something special, your husband definitely deserves it.
    Did you go through this thread already? http://www.indusladies.com/forums/married-life/68262-birthday-gift-for-spouse.html
    There are a lot of cute ideas there which are not necessarily expensive. I celebrated my husband's birthday for the first time after being inspired by that thread. Good luck with your plans. :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  4. SunNaa

SunNaa Platinum IL'ite

Thanks deeps for replying...at least someone did..haha

Thanks for the link...I will go through that thread...

and yeah my husband definitely deserves all this and more.. :) that's why I wanted to make our 1st anniversary special for him ...I anyway know he'll make it extra special for me..like always :)