1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

REading all these posts made me realize..I have one of the best hubby at least now

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by jasminerule, Jan 8, 2008.

1. jasminerule

jasminerule Junior IL'ite

I just found this forum recently and let me tell you it opens my eyes in a lots of way. Before coming here, I've always thought that my marriage isn't that good, I always tell my husband that I want to divorce him and I no longer like him as much. After reading all of your posts, I've realized that my husband is a catch and I should be thankful for having him as my hubby. Yes, I do have a few things that I want him to fix :queen.
    These are the things I am thankful for:
    - He's always financially responsible and I know for sure that me and my daughter will be always taken care of. Even when he just lost his job recently, I was not worried at all because I know he will do anything in his power to provide us. He got 7 offers within 7 days.
    - He always apologize after every fight even when I am wrong, beg me to eat, and give me the best make-up.
    - His love for our daughter is immeasurable.
    - He never spend extravaganza for himself except for his parents.
    - He always praise my cooking skill with everybody even with his own mother. (being a non-Indian believe me this is nice).
    - He always treat me with respect in front of my In-laws family and because of this they never treat me ill and hesitate to say anything bad about me with him. Even when his sister say something about me, he's always on my side telling them that they have misunderstood me. After reading all of your posts regarding problem with in-laws, I am now so appreciative of my hubby for doing this.
    - If I am mad at him and don't want to eat, he will beg me and feed me until I eat even just 1 bite.
    - Being the only successful person in his family, he's very generous with his family and his relatives but never give in when they have unrealistic demand or expectations. This make me feel safe and know that he will never jeopardize our needs.
    - He will help me with household duty and take care of so many things in the house.
    - He will never hesitate to get anything for us if we need it even if it's in the middle of the night like when my daughter wants to eat a certain kind of bread at midnight even he's so tired after work he still go and get it for her.
    - When I was working, my salary is all mind to keep except I paid half my daughter daycare fee and gas. He never expect or want me to pay anything else (maybe being a Muslim helps). Reading some of the post here from other working ladies whose husbands demand all of their salary make me cries.
    - He will always put up with any behavior or attitude I give him when we fight and always be so sweet to me after every fight even when they were my fault at the beginning.
    - Most of all, he's always act as a man.
    - He will always consult me in all of the decision in our house as well as for his family such as what to buy, is this good but he will decide the budget sometimes I get mad because I want to get more expensive stuff but deep down I know he's doing this for our good. When we were in the market for a new van, he would ask my daughter and me what color we like.
    - When we want to buy a new washer for his family in India, he will bring me along and consult me what is the best machine, in the end he bought a $500 washer but I was not at all resentful because he thought my idea was important. For doing this, his family knows that I am important to him and they never mess around, saying bad stuff about me :cheers.
    - I in return not badmouth about my IL family and treat them with respect. I do sometimes fight with him about IL as well just like all of you but I never cross the line and he never badmouth about my parents either.
    When my dad came to visit, he treated him with respect, take him out for dinner and ask me to tell my dad to come and visit us again.

- Even though I am not working and from another country, he will always pay for our tickets (me and my duaghter) to visit my relatives and give me plenty of money to spend.
    - He will always buy my favorite food and ask me to eat.
    - My birthday came when we were in India and he bought me a huge cake and bring all of his relatives to celebrate.
    - Being new to the culture, I never know the conflict between wives and Inlaws can be this great, but after reading many posts, I think one of the reason they all treat me with respect and as a member of their family because of my hubby's action. He never said or scream "respect my wife" but his action speaks just that.
    - my advice for all of the ladies who have problem with the in law please speak to your hubby, his treatment toward you will speak volume and set everybody's else attitude about you. So ask him to treat you with respect in India and everybody will respect you as well. I do wish you a lots of luck and hope your relationship with in laws:queen:queen will improve one day but always set boundary with your hubby. If he's disrespectful to you, let him know that you will not put up with it at any cost and he will adjust his way. Patience never pay, action will.

Ofcourse, I do have my fight with him many times, and my next post will be about the things I do not like about him. But these are just a few things I am thankful for after reading posts of all of the ladies in here.

So please write about your husband, what are you thankful for.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2008

2. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Re: REading all these posts made me realize..I have one of the best hubby at least no

Hi Jasmine,

Wecome to the IL family.

Nice to know that after reading some of the posts here you have realised that your husband is one of the best.

It is universal that the grass is greener on the other side. But when you cross over you realise that it was better where you were.

Anyways better late than never.

Warm regards
    Roopa.

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Re: REading all these posts made me realize..I have one of the best hubby at least no

dear jasminerule,
    just like your id may u rule, and may god bless u got such a wonderful man, it is not muslim or other but a good human is the first thing that u should think, and am happy to read this again and again, it is a wonderful narration from a woman about her man for a long time now..again may god bless u dear..sunkan

4. Sashmitaa

Sashmitaa Senior IL'ite

Wow Jasmine

You are blessed with a wonderful husband. May god bless your family with a healthy and long life. I am not thankful anything for my husband as my initial years of marriage were stressful and my husband abused me physically hell a lot of times. I know still I couldnt love my husband whole heartedly even though it was a long time ago incident. Now he is telling he is changed but I know the demon inside him is still awake and if chance permits it is eager tto do its work. Those incidents still runs like a picture in my mind and it is non erasable and hurtful,

Sorry if I bored you with my story
    Lakshmi

5. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear jasmine,
    like u ,i too have started to appreciate my hubby 10 times more after reading all the problems fellow ilites face from their hubby.
    love
    pragati

6. shivani gupta

shivani gupta New IL'ite

Hi Jasmine

Today i read your post it's really wonderful. I'll always prayer to God that your married life is always going good and god gives u all the happiness and blessings forever. U know jasming i am also married and having one bbay. His name is Vibhu. I am living in India and doing job. My Marriage Anniversary is coming soon on 12th Feb and i have completed my 4 years of marriage. U know jasmine we are the Love Married Couple.

Well i wish u all the best for your Married life.

7. shivani gupta

shivani gupta New IL'ite

Hi Pagarti,

I am shivani. what r u doing.