1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What to do - should I stay or leave?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sweetmahua, Aug 26, 2012.

1. sweetmahua

sweetmahua New IL'ite

hi ladies,

I need some suggestion or some advice from all of you.
    I have been married for 10 yrs now and have a 8yr old baby girl...ours is an arranged maraige...everything was fine till few days back.

I found an message in his mobile to a mobile number saying "You are roaming with your gym mate , but you can not meet me". The reply from other side was "Thwarting means ......".

Then I found out that few days back when he had gone out of town, he had called this mobile number at 5.46 a.m early morning talked to her for 18 minutes. Immediately after 5 minutes she had called him back and then again they have talked for about 15 minutes. Then I observed that my husband was talking to girl for last 4 to 5 days three times a day although for 2 minutes or not each and every time.

I am not sure whether they were taliking before since I do not have any proof.

This caused suspicion in my mind and I confronted him. He told me she is a brochial asthma patient. He developed some soft corner for her for few days, but now he realises that he had done wrong. He says this was limited to just phone calls and when ever she had visited him in hospital for 2 to three time.

But from message It looks to me that the person lived in my apartment complex as the apartment complex where I stay has a gym. He said she told him in the call that she was roaming that's when he sent the message.

For me it is very difficult to believe him. He has a habit of telling lies.

All of you might think that why I was checking his mobile. He had a girl friend when he was in college. They had broken in college days itself. After two years of our marriage, onco I was sending a message from his mobile, then I realised that he had tried to contact his girl friend on her birthday. When she did not pick the call, he had sent an sms saying that why you did not pick my call, please pick the call next time. I had talked to him about this that time, he had apologised for this. From this incident my trust had gone down.

But after the recent incident, my trust is totally gone. I am not able to believe him. As I think the lady is from my apartment, I am feeling that the relationship may not be just till phone calls, may be physical as well.
    As I am working, I leave my house at 9.00 A.m in the morning and come back only by 8.00 P.M. whereas my husband works in a hospital which is very near to our house. He comes back for lunch. I doubt that in case they meet during that I will never be able to make out.

Please guide me and help me.

2. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Hi friend,
    Do you know the name of the sick woman, tell DH that you want to meet her too. This way you can see the chemistry between them.
    Its Ok to have read the phone texts .
    Drop in at lunch time unannounced and see for yourself what is happening.
    Having long phone conversations with a girl for whom he has admitted having a soft corner is a red flag.

1 person likes this.
  3. sweetmahua

sweetmahua New IL'ite

Hi

He says that from the day I have noticed this, he has stopped communicating with her. I tried to her mobile number using my mobile, using public booth and using my husband's mobile, she remained unavailable.

4. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Very interesting. He must have told that b**ch that you found out. Why did u want to talk o her? I am sure he knows how to get in touch with her. Bring the roof down and insist on meeting her if you want to.

How is your relationship with inlaws? Will mil help if you talk to her about it?

5. apaasn

apaasn Gold IL'ite

Dont decide anything now,leaving or staying.Find out more abt your DH.
    If you cant find out now,wait for sometime.Truth will come out eventually,then decide what to do.

6. chandannasta

chandannasta Silver IL'ite

Hi sweetmahua, my suggestions may sound bad to you, but listen or read it 10 thousand times carefully before you make any kinda decision. This is my personal advice just by reading your story. These questions or suggestions I am asking it to you and then I will talk about your hubby. First you have to see that you have a daughter which is 8 yrs old now. Are you mentally well prepared for the worse to come or worse to happen next in your life ask yourself that first. The more deep **** you go into and creep about it the more truth you shall reveal it and then ultimately small talks/lies would turn into big fights which would directly lead to one thing DIVORCE. Are you well prepared for this thing? Are you financially well prepared to take care of yourself and your kid when she becomes big and can you manage her marriage on your own and her education and everything ask these all ?s to yourself first. So think before you talk or creep more deep into your hubby's life.

Now lets talk about your husband. You said he had a GF in college. Did he mentioned to you about that before marriage or after marriage? The gal that he is smsing is she from your building or outside your building. You have the contact number. You can easily find out the address information through that contact number. Nowadays taking out a contact number address is very easy if you have good contacts/Money to spend. You know dear in this evil world every person is not honest. Its the environment which makes them dishonest. So I would just say do whatever you want but think about the things I told you first. Also a man goes to another women when he is not satisfied from his wife or does not get proper kinda love which he expects after being home from his wife. He may have tried to talk with you but you might have ignored him or anything as such due to stress and all. My apologies if you feel anything bad about what I said.

The reason I am telling you all these things because I have personally listened to so many things from most of the housewives for hours and hours that now I really feel like the housewives should understand this is a modern generation 21st century. Either give lots of love to your hubby or else find some who is a good harishchandra son right from the childhood. But I think there hardly would be any and if there is then I can say he might be a gay.

3 people like this.
  7. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Give your H a stern warning that he should stop all these things as you do not like them.Also tell him that he is married and has a responsibility towards you.He needs to declare that he is married and have friendly conversation once in a while and not flirt.

8. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Hi Op,
    Nip all flirting and giving TLC to other women in the bud and put the fear of God in the H.
    Marriage is a serious commitment , any spouse who closes her/his eyes to the spouse's dalliances is inviting trouble.
    There is no point in calling that woman, she will say control your H, he is running after me.
    The wife has to be strict and let the H know that she will not tolerate any hanky-panky from H.
    PS -Try calling her from your H's phone , arrange a meeting with her and H or they may continue fooling you.

Of course you should stay and enjoy the comforts provided by H, just tell him to control his libido.Walking out will give him freedom to do as he wishes. He may not agree to divorce or drag the case.
    Stay right there, its your home , you have a right as a wife, why run away???
    Many H want the wife to walk out so that they are free to enjoy while the wife struggles for a roof with kids, don't make that mistake.
    Its called deserting your matrimonial home , and puts the wife on the backfoot.

9. sweetmahua

sweetmahua New IL'ite

Thank you,

@chandannasta, I decided to follow your advice on focusing more time on my husband and give him more love.

I am working woman and I have the funds to manage myself and my daughter.

I would also like to know the ways of finding the name and address from the mobile number. In case, you know of the ways could you please guide me on this.

10. lakshmisathish

lakshmisathish Bronze IL'ite

leave ur job, stay at home
    or
    if u feel ur job is more important than ur life / husband........
    u can jus leave him

u can not change him, unless u engage him fully, for the rest of ur life...