1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cinematic spouse

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by eandian, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Some of us are married to movie buffs and they do get influenced by movies.

So let us discuss some of the cho chweet / funny or annoying effects you see in your spouse because of movies.

Annoying: After marriage, expected me to wake him up with towel wrapped wet hair wearing saree with bed coffee. How dare he? He even griped about it for a few days.

The temptation was strong to do just what he wanted but with a mild alteration (instead of giving coffee in his hand how about.....??).....but Pati bakthi stopped me. :hide: The man does have a nice face. Why spoil it? :)

Sweet: When I am sick and about to puke, he will run and put both his hands right in front of my mouth ready to catch the vomit (as if I dont have two hands of my own :bang).

And while I am busy running towards the restroom to puke, he runs along extending his hands in front of my face slowing me down. I have to snarl and make him give me way and move away or risk getting sprayed.

Not so funny: Blindly quoting MCP actor dialogues especially Rajini dialogues without thinking about their meaning. Cured him of this disease with a few 'friendly discussions' :rant.

So how did you deal with your lovable movie buff?

53 people like this.

2. delhidamsel

delhidamsel Silver IL'ite

He wants me to wear shorts in the house because I have long legs. He gives Deepika Padukone as example. I told him don't talk about her again. But I have to wear shorts in the house. He likes to put hands in my back pocket. I think most of the men's fantasies come from movies.

10 people like this.
  3. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Given that he is "thalaivar" for nearly all of Tamil Nadu, not surprising :)
    (Probably prior generation men used MGR :))

3 people like this.
  4. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

OMG, my DH has done the same 'puke' scene when I got sloshed for the first (and last!) time! lol ..

he too is a rajini fanatic and has given me lines, like "Rombae kovappadurae...pombalae kovaepatta kudumbathukku nalladhae illae!" (Quick Gun Murugan Translation - "Too much you get anger...if woman gets anger it is not good for family!")...super annoying.

When we visit his parents, he expects me to "serve" him food to show what a good "kudumbae ponnu" I am...even when we are both sitting at the table and the dishes are a few inches away from his own nose, complete with a ladle to spoon and plonk onto his plate. Of course, he wouldn't dare suggest this when we come back to our house ;-)

12 people like this.
  5. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

My DH also done the Puke thing. Sweet & Irritating.

He lifted me in the air when I told him that I was expecting (Very funny)

12 people like this.
  6. bubai

bubai Gold IL'ite

My husband often sings for me....He sings "Everything I do, I do it for you" so well. We have different tastes in movies but when we didn't have kids, we used to enjoy some romantic movies every now and then. Life is very different now:). He loves japanese samurai movies. He had reommended "The twilight Samurai" and I watched it few days back. What a great movie!

He does know some Rajnikant's movies but I can't understand tamil. We watch bangla movies too. I love the movies from the 70s.

Now I am not sure if we fall under the "cinematic spouse":).

--Bubai

2 people like this.
  7. karthikas

karthikas Gold IL'ite

he he........one day my husband asked me dance like kareena kapoor for the song Chamak Chalao....he he i was laughing and he was telling you are like kareena so you should dance like her............u know i did it

8 people like this.
  8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Aww, movie buff and movie influlencing the life..it happens all the time with us.. and sometimes, it starts with the movie and ends with us discussing so much about US.. Yesterday's discussion was based on some scene that he saw in a movie Trinity Good Heart...

but the best part is dh singing situational songs from movies..and sometimes changing them a little to suit him... many of you know that we are in a long distance marriage..and 25% of the salary goes on phone calls..

dh: hellooowwwww, ida pakkam Sin kanavan, andha pakkam yaarrrrrru.. (i think there is some movie dialogue to this effect)

And the song that is frequent over the phones lines...
    Kalaiyil ezhudhadum kai thozhum devadhai amma en pillaigalin amma...

When we miss each other..

it is more like..

ippave ippave parkanum ippave...flight book pannava...!!! to the tune of ippave ippave (I want to see you NOW, NOW... can i book my tickets.. )

I thought we were the crazy looks like i have loads of company here...:thumbsup:coffee

25 people like this.
  9. pinky6

pinky6 Platinum IL'ite

my dh is very practical man, so never said or done any cinematic things.........:)
    he always says reel life can not be applied to real life.......
    when we were newly married couples, he did not even take me to the temples or cinemas and the fact is till day we never watched any movies in theaters:bonk........
    he always follows his own style in everything(en vazi thani vazi :exactly:).........

5 people like this.
  10. HasiniS

HasiniS Gold IL'ite

Dear

I am liking your post :)
    My husband is too much a movie buff ...
    You know what ... He met me when I was in school and says the first day he met me was a rainy morning and I was wearing my white school uniform, it was a lovely morning and kind of misty ( How the hell chennai was misty those days ??? ) And says he just got attracted on that first sight of mine ... ROFL ...

And when we got married he took me to a movie, and to my surprise I saw the same scene in that movie. The movie is - Azhagiya theeye - and the scene is when the hero explains an imaginative fake story about how he met the heroine !!! LOL

There are many more cinematic scenes happening in my home even now ... You might also end up seeing us singing duets like hero and heroine ... I kind of enjoy all his cinematic thoughts :) we both want to have a casual cinematic style of photo shoot and blow up such pics and have it as our bedroom wall paper :yes:

8 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.