1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about this?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Troubled7, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Troubled7

Troubled7 Bronze IL'ite

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Well Troubled7, I don't know what there is to think or not think. She is also a woman. So what is there to be surprised? She has her share of problems too.

1 person likes this.
  3. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Well...u could be famous but probs remain the same. I think our society is living in denial that there is a problem with joint family setup. Too much parental interference is destroying a lot of marriages.

8 people like this.
  4. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

Its a very sad state of affairs. Most of these women opt to sit at home after their marriage, giving up on their career. this is what they get from their husbands and in-laws. shame!

Kudos to all the supportive husbands and in-laws of the world.

5. parvathi1980

I do not agree that only women who sit at home face this problem. If you go through the threads on this forum then you will see that a large no of women who are working face similar issues. It is just that parents think they have the right to interfere in the sons life....in a lot of cases they also have a right over his property and money. A major change in mindset is required where the son's family is considered for all practical purposes a separate family. Get together in times of trouble and happiness...jmo.

3 people like this.
  6. peacetips

peacetips Silver IL'ite

There are two sides to the coin. The word separate family is being ingrained in each of the younger generation's brain to the extent that they will start thinking about 'themselves'. Then, parents (or inlaws) will be needed only to tend to the new born and younger grandchildren, and they will be out of the picture as soon as kids can manage on their own. Use and throw! We need to understand that the many of us will become in-laws some day.

I think rather than focussing on one side, the key is to find a balance where the PIL's don't interfere too much nor they are thrown out of their son's (daughter's) family. Sounds Utopian though as of now.

5 people like this.
  7. Troubled7

Troubled7 Bronze IL'ite

Very surprizing but as expected nobody is seeing a trouble in this girl.

It seems that all of you are suggesting that the moment you get married you severe all ties with parents and stay separate.

In a city like Mumbai and Delhi average cost of a residence is close to 80 lacs to 1 crore. Rent for decent home runs upward of 20000. To live separately is not possible for everybody.

In spite of these many problem which she alleges, she is staying in her inlaws home.

In a Juhu Vile Parle, The average cost of flat is upwards of 4-5 crores.

In her video statement she has multiple times stated that she has sacrificed career - nobody asked her to do so. She claims that she is not given food and water and she is ordering it from outside. Well learn some cooking instead of ordering.

General consensus in this forum is female can not be wrong which needs to change.

I dug up some more and she has happily given interviews after marriage that how she is handling marriage and career life after the marriage. Now she claims that trouble started at the time of honeymoon. In a one video she is showing her wardrobe which is mind boggling. I mean how many Indians have these kind of wardrobe.

Nobody here for a moment thinks that she could be after her husband's and inlaws' money.

If she was not satisfied with them, get divorce amicably and live separately and start to rebuild career.

But everybody knows that income from serials would not bring a flat in Juhu.

Wake up females...time will come when males would just decide not to marry at all.

If one is getting married and after marriage he has to quit his parents, follow whatever wife says, let her do whatever crazy she wants to then why to marry........This seems to be a future of India.

In the name of "women empowerment" - the basic framework is being destroyed.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  8. peacetips

peacetips Silver IL'ite

Troubled sorry to say, you are viewing all this with tinted glasses! There is nothing much to say. In many posts, your views are women are behind money, and they should 'divorce amicably' etc etc.
    Unless you are a woman, who spends her life with someone, and is traumatized, you would not understand the other side of the story. No one here is taking stands unreasonably. But your advice 'divorcing amicably' ...seems so far fetched. You suggest the woman who marries has to be available spending her youth in the marriage, ends up finding that the marriage is miserable, and is supposed to divorce amicably!! In your view the woman is the perpetrator, and I beg to differ, men are no less!

7 people like this.
  9. anonymou

anonymou Silver IL'ite

Any news article which carries only version of story is not even worth discussing. I did not even see a single statement from the husband or an attempt to reach him. She can ofcourse allege anything, without cross-questioning and guy's version I think its like batting without fielders.

2 people like this.
  10. parvathi1980

This is the problem...I quite expected the response. When I said separately I did not mean cut ties with parents. You do not have to live under the same roof and make your wife a docile obedient slave in order to prove that you love your parents. Maybe people can live separately and balance their lives. I live in the middle east and even in this conservative society a guy will not get married unless and until he is able to support his wife. Late marriages in men is very common. And mind you their families are very close. You will see relatives visiting each other on a regular basis.
    As far as property is concerned you do not have to buy property in juhu in Bombay or golf links in Delhi...there are cheaper options available.

8 people like this.