1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The thing that made you marry your spouse!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by smritisinha, Jun 13, 2012.

1. smritisinha

smritisinha Platinum IL'ite

Hiya ladies!

We may fight alot with our hubbies, crib a lot, show long faces, sulk for days after disagreement! But the fact is we married the person for some reason. We loved him for something.

Time to remember why you married your husband? If it was love marriage, the list may be long, in arranged marriages, something that touched you!

So, what made you take the decision that this is the "Prince Charming" you were looking for????:)

6 people like this.

2. smritisinha

In my case, we had met in a conference, and got acquainted! Started chatting for some common client, and ended up forgetting the client, and fell for each other!!!

The thing that moved me most was that whenever I used to talk to him, the warmth in his voice melted me away! Love just drips from his voice when he talks to me! Even today, however hard I try to disagree or fight, his voice calms me like anything!! Love him for the warmth in my life when he is around! :queen

12 people like this.
  3. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

Lovely Thread :)
    'HIS CARING AND LOVING NATURE'

I can't forget 29th April 2010 - I was on bed rest as met with an accident in feb 2010 and had fracture in my leg so was on 3.5 months bed rest.
    I was getting proposals from matrimonial sites and I was politely denying to them saying I due to fracture I can't think of having meetings at moment.
    later , I felt that soon after may I might start walking so can reply to profile that interests me...
    on April 29 2010 I opened FILTER Folder out of curiosity as those profiles are not matching my criteria...
    The 1st profile I saw was of my DH :) I wondered that inspite of belonging to same caste, age preferences and profession why was his profile in filter....well actually my dear DH missed mentioning 'Software Engineer' in Partner preferences. Me being software engineer...it got into filter folder...
    hmmm so he actually sent me profile interest somewhere in 16th of april 2010 I guess.
    later after going through his profile for 3-4 times I accepted and we started chatting....

Now WHAT MADE ME TO CHOOSE HIM hmm...well from beginning he was quiet concerned and caring towards my fracture...everytime we chat he would ask me 'how much kms I walked ;-) on lighter note' that inspired me...but what moved me closer to him was this particular chat where we were discussing about where to meet in mumbai. I being from baroda was aware of very few malls in mumbai and he was living far from my relative's place...however I dont like to take obligation so I was prepared to go any mall he suggests but inside my heart was worried about my leg as I havnt started going alone after fracture...still had problem with stairs :-( ..when I told him let me know where we are meeting...am fine with what u suggest...to this he said 'let me know any mall u know near by ur maternal uncle's place, I'll come there' I said are you sure...it will be too far for u...if u want we can meet some where midway...he said 'No its perfectly fine with me to travel from my place to near ur relative's place, as u had fracture and new in mumbai...I dont want u to travel much...want to make sure u are comfortable & safe in travelling' I WAS TOUCHED....And fell in Love with this man right in CHAT WINDOW before meeting him but was prepared for worst to happen if incase he rejects or may be my family...but all went well and now HAPPILY MARRIED :thumbsup

Also his voice is very mesmerizing when we talked over phone for 1st time before meeting for 1st time...OMG i was speechless.... :)

14 people like this.
  4. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

I wanted to phone screen grooms before meeting them. We spoke on the phone before meeting. And DH first question was: Is anyone forcing you to marry me? That pleased me and I said yes.

36 people like this.
  5. bubai

bubai Gold IL'ite

@Smritisinha, what a nice thread! Your story is so sweet:) God bless you!

6. bubai

bubai Gold IL'ite

loved your story... God bless you! You sound like a wonderful pserson and I am pretty sure your husband knows that he is lucky to have you:)

1 person likes this.
  7. smritisinha

Thank u so much!! Need the blessings!! :)

God bless u too!!

8. bubai

bubai Gold IL'ite

I think I fell in love with my MIL and FIL before my husband. We were good friends and used to talk a lot about our families. My in-laws are very successful people who started from scratch without anyone's help. My MIL had lost both her parents when she was a child. My husband often used to talk about his father. I found their story so inspiring. I had a picture of his dad and mom on my study table in the hostel:).

The thing that attracted me to my husband was his intelligence and knowledge. I read a lot of books, esp. history and english novels. My husband and I often used to exchange books and I was impressed that he was capable of finishing a book in few hours. We discussed anything and everything under the sky, it felt great:) He is the most well read person I have come across.

I think deep inside we both knew that we were in love but I wanted him to come forward and say the three words. He took a long time to do that. That touched me even more that he wanted things to be right and was not in a hurry. But when he said those three words, it was like magic, I was flying:).

We are very different from each other but fundamentally we are the same. We have the same priorities in life. I think that keeps us on track now:)

--Bubai

16 people like this.
  9. smritisinha

That is so cool..!

1 person likes this.
  10. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

it was not reallyjus one single thing. i think it was generally the big picture. anyways our parents were mostly decided on our match even b4 we really met. maybe the thing which really clicked was that our families are so very compatible and comfortable with eachother right from the moment they met. and then there is 'fate'. if its already 'written' then it has to happen! ;)

4 people like this.