1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

what is your nick name?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by subhejamal, Jun 11, 2012.

1. subhejamal

subhejamal Silver IL'ite

hi,today i havenot come up with any problem.Today it is something light and fun and of course there is a question too.So what is your nick name?DOes your hubby call out your name or there is a special nick name?My question is does this nick name carry any feeling or you take it as a name and that is it?My hubby never calls me by name,my nick is a little.......strange but.......my nick is Beautiful.Even when he is angry:rant:rant:rant,he calls me BEAUTIFUL:t.So i become confused that is it just a name like any other name or should i not let go that feeling of having a nick name,even at that time:hide:What are your experiences and opinions and nickssss?

2. luv2smile

luv2smile Silver IL'ite

ahh..all this nick names were so much part of my life at initial stage of our marriage and not any more :( we have entered serious roles and have lots of responsibility and feel our days of fun are over. even if we talk something it's all abt the kids !

3. sahityaj

sahityaj Silver IL'ite

hi subhejamal

nice topic.... well me and my husband call each other "bubu"... it has a short story.. we both met through matrimonial site and we used to chat everyday as he was in US and me in India.. so one day he called me "bujji" (baby in telugu) i said u mean " bajji".. then he said "bu" not "ba". i suddenly said bubu... from then on we are calling each other bubu... when he is very happy he calls me "bubulu":)

1 person likes this.
  4. jennysrik

jennysrik Gold IL'ite

Aww..every post is so cute..May this cuteness continue for the rest of your lives :thumbsup For me, its more like funny name rather than nick name..I guess no one would have heard names like these, only he can think of such..:bonkAnd the best part is the name changes according to his mood. Names like mohanaangi, aaryapadham, rosemary, babykushi...ew:crazy..I hate the sound of these names and don't even know what they mean. Infact, even he doesn't have any idea. But whenever he is out of town, away, its starnge that I long for these names:oops::p

2 people like this.
  5. subhejamal

subhejamal Silver IL'ite

Shoooooooooo shweeet

6. Divyavignesh

Divyavignesh Gold IL'ite

i shd be the one to post here:bowdown.
    Initially before my marriage my husband never addresses me by my name or anything , he just calls me " hey" , later during my courtship he started calling me pattu( silk) , then i was lil plump so he called me motto pattu, and i am much shorter to him so the name kutti pattu came. but whatever comes he calls me or he invents a new name:) its been like that always. very nice thread to see first in the morning:coffee

2 people like this.
  7. subhejamal

subhejamal Silver IL'ite

hahaha cute names.thanks divya

8. ub40

ub40 New IL'ite

a terribly cute nickname for men by their wives " where are you going? "
    terrible to men
    cute to wives
    nickname as it precedes the discussion :D

9. IndianFunTube

IndianFunTube New IL'ite

Not married but I used to call my ex-gf Piggy and she used to call me Doggy.

1 person likes this.
  10. freddycat

freddycat Platinum IL'ite

DH calls me 'kannama' or 'kuttima', and he calls (loud) me by real name when he is mad/upset.

Usually, I call him 'mama' (it is a generation thing from the south, don't call him by his name) when I am upset, I call him 'puli muttai', and 'run away' as fast as I can, meaning sack of tamarind in Tamil.