1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What is self respect?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sandhyas123, Apr 30, 2012.

1. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

If nothing works, try this one too - offence is the best form of defence. Ask her if she has any assts to transfer it to her son's name so that he feels good. Put it in such a way that it appears to show y'r empathy to y'r dh. Keep on talking about this both in y'r dh's presence and absence to both mil and dh. If she has nothing tell her to do something physically like cooking , [ but u sh'd only serve ], keeping the house neat , so on and so forth. Tell her this is only to reap good karma and of course punniyam. Keep cool while doing this and do ask ab't the sweets in her absence to y'r dh.

Have u heard of this fable - lion and the tiny mouse ? what happened to the giant, proud, arrogant lion? Pride has its own fall ; hasten it by following the path of a mouse.

good luck & God be with u.

2. sandhyas123

sandhyas123 Junior IL'ite

Hi Radhai,
    thanks for your response. Yes now I am concentrating on my kid, have a goal of taking a certification on my line of education. but I am easily getting frustrated due to hard work(no options) still getting lot of hatred from my H and mil.

3. sandhyas123

Hi friend,
    thanks for your response. My FIl had lot of loans and only my H and his bro paid it and still paying and my inlaws had a land which with the consent of both sons sold and gave money to their 2 daughters so my H is expecting a lot from my side(brain washed by my inlaws only a girl should bring property). My mil will not lift a spoon when she is here she will not learn to handle stove or micro wave even if teach in case of emergency. she will be normal and good when she is alone with me but when my H came from office she will act weak due to dizziness, act depressed and sad. so daily my H is asking me what I gave lunch, breakfast, tea, snack etc. Now she is competing with my kid for attention from my H which is making me laugh.

4. sandhyas123

Life is not far on Indian girls, this is not only for me I went through lot of posts here and I get this feeling that life is very partial for us compare to Indian men. May be I am really depressed and frustrated. Any way as poster here suggested I am thinking my mil as a old lady came as a guest to my house and trying maintain a good relationship. Thanks.