1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is it Possible To Love 2 People at the same time?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Neha1911, Feb 8, 2012.

1. Neha1911

Neha1911 Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies & Gentlemen too because I'd also like to hear the male perspective of this issue.
    Is it possible to love 2 people at the same time equally deep?
    I find myself in a dilemma. This is the summary of my story....A few years ago my husband and I were having some serious marital problems. I used to have sleepless nights and as a result I would go online and surf the net. I was never the type of person to go to chat sites, but one night I ended up in a chat site out of curiousity and ended up meeting a guy there. At first we used to just talk about our issues with each other. Then after some months of talking about everything we started having feelings for each other. We became closer to each other than we were with our spouses. Some years have passes now and we are very much in love with each other and consider ourselves to be in a relationship. However, some months ago things started changing with my husband and all the issues that we had. We have been sorting them out and now we have become very close again, just like when we were newly married. Now I find myself loving these two men, like in equal parts. I know this has to be wrong but I don't know what else to do because I love them both so deeply.

2. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Well..I am not sure. You might feel so cos this person sympathised with you, listened to you and spent time with you when you had tough times with your husband. You must have felt safe and comforted and obviously had fewer disagreements than what you'd have with your husband. He could have seen the same in you, so he shared his issues too.

Sometimes we find ourselves behaving better, being polite and a lot more tolerant with a third person and heeding to their advise that would sound unbiased. But people are not always the same in person as they are in chat rooms dear.

There is a very thin line differentiating your love for your husband and this person who's been good to you when you needed a shoulder to lean on. Look hard and you might find the point of separation between love and a trusty cyber friend.

8 people like this.
  3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Neha
    Can u ? Yes probably.
    Should u ? NO.

13 people like this.
  4. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

As it is you are in a tight spot. Yes i think it is possible (i cant tlak for everybody, but i tihink it is possible to some extent). its fine, dont beat yourself up, if i were you - I would place myself in the belwo situation and distance myself from the online person (known devil :) hehehe, dont know how it will be lke to be livign witht that person - writing, chatting all will be good but actually living with them is different...you will have the same issues as you have with your hub)

But we will know whom we love the most when its time to leave one for the other, given we will never ever get to see the person whom we leave. I guess you would choose your husband. Think..think.... just that you dont know it yourself but you do love your hub more than this online persona.

Its fine, no big deal...you can bury the online stuff up. I would just distance myself from unnecessary tension, now that hub is comming around - do your part of the share. this is what i would do - whatever number i have - erase it form cell, you might be using a diff mail account to chat with him - just change the password to somethign you dont know - it is possible i did it once :) . go to change password page - it asks for your current password n newpassword (two fields) - now enter your current passworde, then close your eyes - lay your five finger tips on some random keys -press them and then without shifting your fingers press 'tab' using other hand - brings conrtol to the next text field - then repeat the same pattern (press the keys). and then open your eyes. get it done with - it takes some itme - twice or thrice even to change . :) good luck. And great that your partner is trying his best to bring back love.

9 people like this.
  5. IndianFunTube

IndianFunTube New IL'ite

Log into chat again. You'll find many more guys who'd be willing to experience the thrill of taking a naive married woman for a ride. So, it's possible to fall in love with infinite people at the same time, not just 2. Good news?

17 people like this.
  6. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha so truly said.

7. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

Whooooooooaaa!! Naksh, super cool idea to change a password to something you dont know... Will keep in mind, if I ever have to go through that!!

2 people like this.
  8. abcdguy

abcdguy Silver IL'ite

Neha,

Not here to judge, but it is very easy to fall in love with two people. Remember one relationship is bound to the terms of marriage and is in the real-life, as you see your husband everyday and experience all those things that a normal couple experiences. The other is based on the internet, and while the emotions are shared it is very much an online relationship.

In my opinion its hard to compare a online relationship to a real relationship because an online relationship is only based off communication and NOT actually living and experiencing life together, which is something a real relationship has. Moreover, its easier to be happier in an online relationship because all those 'other things' like life, and living together, and comprising day to day, don't have ever come in the picture.

WHile I don't question that you love your online friend, remember the love you feel is limited to not daily experiences in the real world, but communication via a chat website. I agree with the forum, this guy knows you are married and continues a relationship with a married women. I question his code of ethics.

2 people like this.
  9. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

why even change password??? why not delete that account for ever??

who is important here? online guy (who knows if he really is a guy...havent we seen n heard enough of online predators) or the husband ( a real person who is next to you, every day n night and is putting his efforts to make things right)

3 people like this.
  10. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Since you have not met him how can you know him let alone love him? Actually women are raised in such a sheltered environment thats its easy to be conned. The guy could be chatting to X number of females all over the world.
    Another point is that since you have never met him its easy to imagine him as a perfect soulmate with whatever qualities you wish in a partner which you may not find in your DH. You may not even like him 24x7 , its easy to be nice for a few hours. He could be worse than your hubby who is living with you inspite of differences and trying to make amends.
    Delete your account , good advise has been given on how to do so, cherish what you have with your DH instead of running after a mirage.
    Its infatuation , not love since the guy(?) is unreal.

1 person likes this.