1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A new problem....Need suggestions

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Tugga, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

Hi my dear friends

I am back here after almost an year long break... Most of you know my marital issues and the dark days that I have been passing through... I am almost done from everything... I am happy to say that I have regained all my strengths to lead my life as per my wish:)

I feel like there is no point in digging my past or finding faults... For your info, I have resumed my career, started my savings, rented out a new apartment which is very very far away from my in laws, and found a servant lady who will take care of my kid while I am away for work.

I have clearly told my husband that I can give him only 2 options:-
    1) He needs to forget about his parents completely and join with me as my husband. Even though he is jobless and have no savings, i wouldn't mind it, rather I will respect and love him unconditionally.
    2) He will stay with his parents and fullfill all their needs as a first son. Earn and spend everything on them, listen to them and stay physically with them. Take all the responsibilities of them etc..etc..etc... and do not come and stay with me. Because if he comes, he wouldnt come home as my husband, rather as a son of his mother. If he comes, i will have to entertain him as a package of disaster (that is my in laws), that I will no longer entertain.
    I told him very clearly that he can forget me, or if he wants he can marry someone of his mother's choice. I will have no problems. I wouldn't even demand for compensation or maintenance upon separation. Also, i wouldn't go for second marriage in my life as I am done with this.
    If he wants, he can visit my kid whenever he wants, but that should be under my supervision ( i have legal reasons to defend my point here).

I saw him shattered for the first time in my life, there were a few tear drops in his cheeks and broken voice from his mouth showed me that he really feels bad for what he has been doing against my trust, love and dependency. One day, while having heated arguments, I even told him that i feel like having an affair with someone else to show you "what is to love and to be loved" in a relationship. I told this out of my anger, but that day when I put my foot down with conditions, he remembered this and asked me whether I have already decided my life (means leaving him and settling in life with someone else). He really felt bad to lose his family at that stage...

Nevertheless, I moved in... and he followed me!!
    Initially he said he has left his family, but then he asked me to visit them time to time on special days to show our kid... I agreed, but again the problem started.
    After I joined my work, my MIL showed lots of love in me... but this time I was pretty clear, so didnt lose my heart on her. She then immediately showed her true color with yet another interference and issue. So, this time I am clear that I will never ever want to see them in my life again, nor my kid. I will let my husband to visit, or support on his own risk... that is if something pops in in the form of my in laws, then no matter what, my husband has to leave me immediately... I have learned to control my emotions, and turned everything onto my loving kid who is turning one year soon:)

My current problem:-

Since we are living far away from both sets of parents, it was like we totally depended on our servant to take care of our kid. My husband, though he is a full time stay at home dad, he was unable to learn what is child rearing. Its just too much for him to care a kid at this very young age... and I too wouldn't take the risk of giving my kid to a wrong hand though he is my husband. It is not just trust, but the matter of how he is handling things such as cleanliness, attention, understanding a kid, cooking, washing and all...

Now my servant is extremely sick and can not come back to work anytime soon. My mom is here to take care of my son during this break, but she too can not spend quality time here as my younger sister is first time pregnant, who stays close to my mom and whose inlawa are not in town. She is down with morning sickness, and having hardtime in looking a servant. She is also working and newly married.. So, mom's attention is something unavoidable:(

On the other hand I have an unmarried brother who stays with mom, and who is working. My dad is expired, so mom needs to be around to take care of him like cooking, washing etc..etc...
    Day care is not an option as my kid is toooooo young for this, and there is no specialized care takers available in my area for young infants - I have already checked this.

At the same my husband and mom are having difficult time in dealing with each other... Oh its another mess.. May be my husband might be thinking that why my side of the people have to mingle with us and not his people?
    But I have clearly told him that only his people have spoiled the soup and my people have protected me and bought me to this level while i was totally abundant and spoiled both physically and mentally during pregnancy because of them (DH and in laws), so i cant treat them equally, though it is my decision to stay away from both families.

At this stage, I am totally confused.... Cant even focus in my work now...
    If my mom has to leave, then who will be with my kid?
    Finding a servant (that is a trusted one to leave the kid and my home alone) is not a simple matter here.

I feel like i need to focus more in this job now as I am the only bread winner in my family now, and will be the same forever. I feel like I have no one (though I have my husband with me) and so I need to earn and save as much as possible to lead our future.
    I have already been to a position where I was left at the road empty handedly with an infant. And it was a shame that I had to beg from my siblings for each and every financial needs of us (though they were happily spending on us, it was something new to me to live in that situation as I used to be earning and saving ever since i finished my school, and that too in an higher level managerial position). So, I cant take this job easily and complicate this one with family issues.

I am totally out now... Please tell me what should i do now?????

2. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Dear Tugga,
    Welcome back ! Get another servant to solve your current problem. You cannot expect your Mom to look after your kid as she has other responsibilities and is uncomfortable staying at your place.
    You can request her to go after you get another maid . Its clear that your Mom will want to help your younger sis and also your unmarried brother at home.
    Its good that your DH is with you, its obvious that you cannot take a break to raise your kid. Never quit your job.
    Many working women get around similar problems so cheer up!

3. Young@heart

Young@heart Silver IL'ite

Hi Tugga,

My Hugs to you dear....

My only suggestion in this scenario would be not to leave the job and find another servant. Even though the servant will be new...there is your husband at home to just keep an eye that the kid is safe.

Otherwise the option of Daycare ( I really donot know what kind of daycares exist at your place) is not a very dreaded one, let me tell you. Since you have to have the job at any cost...explore this option also if nothing else works out.

Be strong...Be firm on your stand...Be on your own feet and remember

THIS TOO SHALL PASS:thumbsup

Regards.

4. azalea

azalea Silver IL'ite

Tugga,

If you rule out all the options, you will be left with no options. You ruled out your husband taking care of your child, the servant being sick, your mom having to go back, daycare - not your choice. Do you really have any other choice?

I have read through your earlier posts. Your husband is also a son and a father. I will not say anything about his role as a son but I think he should be given a chance to be a father to his child. There is reason that Nature uses a man and a woman to bring forth a child. You may not like your husband's ways, but I think it is unfair to your child to take a father out of his life. Moreover, men(especially in raised in India) learn only when responsibility falls on them. Your excuse of his lack of cleanliness is only giving me a free pass at not being responsible for taking care of his child. So think again.

3 people like this.
  5. malarun

malarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Tugga,

According to you all the doors are closed i.e. your husband , servant and your mother.
    I am not sure if this is a mature option but then since you have your job and also your kid as the priority you can compromise one thing, being with your kid.
    Is there a possibility of you sending your kid with your mom till your servant is back, so that she is near to all the three persons she has to take care.
    I am sorry if this option has hurt you, as I know how painful it is for you to be separated from your kid, when you feel he is your world.

@Azelea,
    I am sorry to refute your reply, a father is a person who has to be an example for his child to be self-sufficient, and how to lead a life in this competitive world, and he should be a part of the bread winner role of the family(these are at a very base level i.e. minimum expectations). When he is so careless about this, I support OP in not trusting him at this time of crisis, where she cannot risk her child's health due to the carelessness of her husband, it becomes a double crisis because she has no one to take care and top of it the child falls sick is bad for her right now… As a mother she is bound to think this way due to the experiences in her life.
    Tugga, please excuse me for being blunt about your husband, I am also sorry if in case I have hurt your feelings.

Regards
    Malar

6. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

this thu thu mein mein thing b/w couples (especially related to parents) spoils many marriages...just because you dont mingle with his parents..he wanting to cut off your parents.....what a great excuse...

so did you ask him to take the kid to his mom and then come back in the evening by the time you are back at home??? did you offer that suggestion? or you dont like his mom taking care of the kid? may be you have to make him do that for couple of days and eventually she will fight with him too as its no joke..and you have only your mom as thefinal solution...meanwhile look for any of your friends who can help....

i dont think your husband is goingto change...my sincere suggestion...pls dont waste time over this guy....just dont treathim as a member of your family anymore....act like a single parent and work on taking care of yourself n your baby.

7. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

one thing here is....its ok if he wants to be a house husband....but problem is...he is not doing anything that a housewife does.....taking care of his own kid is a big responsibility for him....which he failed numerous time.....i dont know what else is he good at...(may be stories n crying)

8. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Exactly !A man can be a stay at home dad...as long as he does his part. In Tuggas case her husband is clearly not doing his part.

9. malarun

malarun Gold IL'ite

Hi Sri and JAG,

That is exactly my point, you have put it forth in a better way, when he does not do a 8-9 hrs job for 5 days in a week, I doubt he will take up the 24/7 job of house dad which requires a lot of patience and responsibility. I guess he likes tagging behind his mom and now his wife, rather than sholdering the responsibilities.

Regards
    Malar

10. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

No Sri Vidya... I dont even want to see my MIL's face in my life back again. I dont want to request her to help me with the kid or speak to her about my kid's daily routines. I am sure she will be happy to do so, as it is going to be just another way for her to intervene in my family matters and empty my pockets. Also I am sure that she will take my kid to her home, and let him grow on his own way.. i mean without any care given.. like growing a street animal (that is to give 3 meals and let him stay in the corner on that house.. no cleaning, no protection, no love, no care and nothing like an abundant kid. I dont even want think of that... Its far better to beg in the street with my baby than giving him to my MIL and expect her to be a care taker.
    She is the one who sent her own son (my DH) to an Ashramam for 14 yrs and didnt even want to have him back when he was 21 yrs old, and then asked him to find his own means (job or education) as his presence will ruin their family as per his horoscope.
    She is also behaving so cruel to a point to abuse her DIL (me) and her grand son so much and trying all the possible ways to separate her son from me. If she doesnt care about her own son, then how can i expect her to be protective on her grand son. No use in discussing about this woman further...