1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

AAAhhaaa....Aren't marriage similar to a pickles???

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Megalife, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Some would say marriage is like fine wine, as it ages it just gets better! But being a non-alcholic with absolutely no craze for wine (fine or not), I would put it differently. What's more is that I would like to give it a Hindustani aroma….. Marriage is like our Indian Pickle; it improves in value and taste with time. It is not something that just happens with time, but it takes care and hard work to reach the supreme mishmash!
    Before writing this article I think it would have been better to seek advice from Chitvish on the recipe of a finger licking good mango pickle, my personal favorite. Pickling is one of the oldest known methods of preserving food, dating back to Biblical times; similarly the institution of marriage pre- dates dependable recorded history. It is a base of the family and the fundamental building block of society, similarly a good pickle is the basic to make good Indian meal absolute!
    Pickling starts with picking the bestraw fresh firm raw mangoes. Extreme care is taken in choosing the right mangoes as you want to keep it good for a long time. The pickle is prepared using the choicest ingredients, filled in airtight bottles. The bottle is shaken everyday to make sure the ingredients are well blended. On your first taste, may be the seasoning needs to be adjusted; a bit more spice??? In a couple of days later take the second taste may be this time it’s the salt which needs to be increased and the next time it may be the vinegar!

Likewise, marriage requires the right basic ingredients for sure but it also necessitates to be shuffled and spiced up from time to time until we reach the right blend, the right savor. Experienced people may affirm on the right ingredients and to some extend the standard procedure to be followed but to come up with a “Le Cordon Bleu “ you have to put in your ingenuity and creativeness. When you achieve this finest flavor, matrimony turns into an addiction with your partner. You always want to know where he/she is, when she is coming back from work, who her/his friends are etc. etc. Couples who manage to remain together for years learn to get along better as they age exploring new areas of curiosity or hone on existing interests.
    Pickle and marriage does go hand in hand….well at least for me!...both are spicy yet yummy!

24 people like this.

2. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

megalife,
    very well said..yes we should keep adjusting ourselves according to the requirements which keep changing now and then too..that form a strong bonding between the partners..

Aah!! why so many pickle posts today..early morning i read Bhargavi's lime pickle and now your mango pickle..my mango pickle is almost finished but will have to wait till summer to get the new one...

1 person likes this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Megalife,

Very nice thread and very nice comparison too. Really feels good to see so many happy, positive threads in this forum. :) Now you have made me want to eat pickles right away. How pickles compare to my marriage is a different matter altogether, but they certainly are a cause of constant battles in my marriage and were even in my single life. No one seems to be happy to see me enjoying my pickles. :-(

4. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

hahaha..mega..I would never have imagined married life could be anyway connected to a pickle.... but now that you have listed the finer points of making and enjoying pickles... yes.. I can see that the comparison is not wrong!!! Kuch kuch khatti ...kuch kuch meethi ...and a lot of spice thrown in for good measure to make it delectable... Ofcourse there are side affects to eating pickles...but one ignores it and just enjoys the taste... (like ignoring inlaw troubles etc lol)
    Excellent one...as always.

5. haagesummane

haagesummane Gold IL'ite

Megalife ji,

If pickle preparation is a process similiar to marriage journey, then my idea is that small small quarrels(for goodness sake) and fights acts a pickle in the food of marriage. It is said that this kind of pickle is essential to preserve the bubbly nature of institution of marriage. But if this pickle itself becomes as a food,then couples need to think on it seriously.

Pickle and marriage does go hand in hand….well at least for me!...both are spicy yet yummy!
    it was a nice article and excellent line to conclude..!!!

6. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

dont know much abt marriages... but a pickle makes even a simple dish yummy ;) but in balance..

7. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Amunique
    Lets draw an inference: I love pickles and I love marriage, so if you find pickels yummy won't you find marriages yummy too"///.......lame logic...but what the heck, lets keep believing this tupid logic of mine...will save us a lot of trouble wrecking our brains!
    Sorry for the the title should have been "AAAhhhaaa...Aren't marriages similar to pickles???/ I tried to edit the type error but couldn't!!!
    MEGA

8. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Oh Mega!

I very rarely peep into this forum as I get troubled if I read any post of struggled marriage. But today I posted a thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/married-life/153881-could-idli-make-decision-your.html#post2046600 in snippets but was moved here as the moderator felt this is the right forum for that. So happened to read yours.

Coming to the point. What a thinking!!. For past two days I was wondering how you find time to post a thread everyday with different ideas and topics. What a comparison. It makes very good sense comparing marriages to pickles. Both, as it ages tastes good. Right quantities of all ingredients makes it yummy.

Yep. Marriage and pickles are spicy yet yummy.

Regards
    Manjukps

9. Special

Special Silver IL'ite

Very nice write up...excellent comparison with pickles:)

10. Megalife

Megalife Platinum IL'ite

Dear Manju
    Idli and life...sure it must be something soft and fluffy; have to stop by and give it my 2 cents. Reading, debate, elocution, writing has always been a part of me...but life, career and its responsibilities had in the recent years made me keep my dear passion (s) in the lockers!!! Off lately with kids graduating from their babyhood, more at ease with time management!
    Thank you mate!
    Mega