1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Wedding of my daughter

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Ramavyasarajan, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Ramavyasarajan

Ramavyasarajan Silver IL'ite

Hellow friends,
    My daughter's Wedding was celebrated in a simple manner at Thirneermalai temple near Pallavaram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu and wedding reception took place at abirami thirumana mandapam at Chromepet. The newly married couple looked so sweet and cute. Of course this comment should be received by me from you. I myself praising the couple

[​IMG]

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations. Glad to hear that you had simple wedding.

All the best for the newly married couple. Please post the picure again.

Thanks.
    CL

3. Ramavyasarajan

if you right click and opt to open the photo in new window you can view the photo. or please explain me how to post the picture. Thank you coffee flower

4. Ramavyasarajan

Dear friends,

We belong to a Kannada Brahmin family. My daughter proposed herself a boy for her marriage. He belong to Yadhava community. Since I am interested in the happiness of my daughter and the boy and his family are good people we accepted the proposal of our daughter. At the wishes of the both boy and girl we celebrate the marriage in temple.

But in our community throughout the function there will be lots of fun. Prior to marriage we will perform samaradhanai for Lord, Sumangali prarthanai etc.
    Marriage will last for 2 and half days. 1st day devaru pooja in the morning, naandhicelebration.

Naandhi celebration is calling our forefathers to be present for the function and bless the couple.

In the evening of the first day bride seening ceremony will be conducted.

The bridegroom's family will brings lots of plates containing, fruits, nuts, flowers, kumkum and turmeric powder, bangles, dry coconuts with designs engraved, some items made from sugar syrup (like bananas, koojas, tumblers and lots of shapes, gowri amman made of dry coconut and duly decorated , cosmetic items and etc etc. the bridegroom's mother will give the bride new sareee, bagles, turmeric, kumum and the other things placed there. After that in turn bride's family call the groom and do it the same way to groom. and lagna pathriga will be read by the priests.

If preferred janawasam of the bridegroom will be there.

The second day both the families perform (thel sastra) i.e the bride along with parents will be seated in a mat or wooden plank and after giving them kumum, turmeric, santhanam(gantham) one of the eldest of the family will place the oil with the help flower bud to all the three and take aarathi and send for taking oil bath.

After taking oil bath and after duly dressed the bride will sit for performing gowri pooja _ The bride groom will be ready for kasi yathra.

The Brides parents will prevent the groom from going to kasiyathra and will tell him that the will give their daughter to him in marraige and request him not to go for kaasi yaathra.

Then after reciting proper mantras kankana thaaranam will take place and then mangalya tharanam will take place.

Then Homam will be performed.

The feeding of the bridegroom on the first day and feeding of the couple on the second day is a scene of interest which every one will be waiting to enjoy
    Theninthe evening naagavalli vilaiyaadal etc etc will be going on. Next day the function will come to a conclusion along with sridhan and kattusaadam the bride's parents will take their daughter to her in laws family . So everything will be fun Though not all these happened in the marriage of my daughter, the smiling faces of both my daughter and son in law throughout the functions made me hundred times happy.
    after all all of us want that our children should live happily No? Let the young copule live long with health wealth and prosperity.