1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is there anything called true love ?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by kiranmadhu, Jun 22, 2011.

1. kiranmadhu

kiranmadhu Senior IL'ite

We constantly want some changes in our husbands. Our husbands want some changes (or many) in us.
    It is like people find it diificult to accept the other person as they are.
    What would happen if the man doesn't earn well ? How well is he going to be respected ? What would happen if the wife doesn't match the many standards that are put forth ? Will she be accepted ?
    I sometimes feel there is definitely nothing called true love. Marriage is just the willingness you have in compromising with some things (with all the cursing happening inside ) to carry on with life because quitting will cause more losses than gains.
    I feel most of the time, there is nothing called true love. It is just the occasional lust and compromise for mutual gains.
    What do others feel ?

2. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

i donno how to respond to your post..but waht i can say is true love exists in this world and only coz of that we are surviving in this world!!!

3. priya4prabhu

priya4prabhu Silver IL'ite

I can see the true love from my son or I am sure i have true love towards my son and husband.. There is a difference between expectation or correction. Out of love you change some habits which your husband have.. thats again falls in love... Its only because of the love you cook food for him.. because of love he helps you to do chorus and be with you at all circumstances.. T

here is nothing called dedicated "true love" according to me.. what are you expecting is showing up love every second.. that aint possible in real world.. It should be the one that comes without expectations.. one goes without expectations.. expectations again have a difference... impressing and reversal love again comes to the category of love..

every incident is related to love if you analyse it properly.. but everything is concealed somewhere.. and we take the life forward.. if no one is interested in you, or you dont love anything truly, i am sure you will not survive here. But if you want to talk only on the context of husband and wife.. it varies with individual. So dear friend think the positive side sometimes.. you will see the love somewhere.. and cherish the moment..

4. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

do u mean unconditional love by true love? if so, then i dont think such a thing exists, unless ofcouse towards ones' own self. yes, i mean that sefl-love is the only unconditional love that exists.

the love a mom has towards her child is a form of unconditional love, probably because the child is a part of herself.

5. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

By true love do you mean by having your soul mate. Than I say it does.
    For some it happens instantly. Others they grow into being soul mates for each other.
    Ups and downs of life specially related to finances will not have any effect to them.
    The outer beauty of each other will not have any effect too.
    Trust, honesty and care towards each other will be their foundation of love.
    Prayer patience and positive attitude from both partners can work wonders in making their marriage to have found a true soulmate in other words true love.

6. Soumedh

Soumedh Silver IL'ite

Hi Kiran,
    Is your true love focussed on an arranged marriage?
    Whether its arranged or love marriage true love is being there for eachother,emotional compatibility,respect,trust.We can not always call it as compromise in a marraiage.
    @Ars Agreed completely.This is what I too want to say!!
    Regards

7. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Hmm true as in unconditional..a parents love for the child could be a close cousin. But even that is not absolute.
    If true love means unconditional acceptance and zero expectation..I very much doubt its possible between spouses.. For love to thrive at the very minimum it needs reciprocation...there u go ...that is a basic expectation . Total acceptance is not possible either ...may not be always related to $$$$ but love cannot blossom when personalities are not compatible.We love our spouses because of what and who they are and how they treat us.

8. SallyR

SallyR Silver IL'ite

I am and always have been a romantic at heart. Me and my husband do have certain characters that the other dislikes, inspite of all that we love each other very much. We have faced lots of ups and downs together but the love we have for each other has only grown over the years. I can't imagine a life without him, love spending time with him, feel sad when he is sad, etc.

Of course if he suddenly started to abuse me or have affair with someone else, then I don't think I will continue loving him. So my answer is true love does exist but with some conditions (not monetary) attached to it!

9. beerbal

beerbal Silver IL'ite

True love may exist but marriage messes it up. Marriage gives the partners rights and exclusivity over each other bringing in vested (self) interests into the relationship.

I tend to think that true love (sometimes one-sided) is possible between people who are not married to each other.

:my2cents

10. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Extremely well said!! [​IMG]
    Are we in the presence of Beerbal-the wise one? I'm remembering all my childhood Amar Chitra Kathas :-D

I think of it as realistic love. You take some, you give some, at the end of the day, there's gotta be balance. OK, roses, dark chocolate, and sweet nothings aren't bad either, especially when that balance messes up for a bit. [​IMG]