1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Courtship period fun ;)

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by niveda123, Mar 26, 2011.

1. niveda123

niveda123 New IL'ite

Hi all, I am studying in Germany and I got engaged in November last year. I thought I will share my sweet moments of pre and post-engagement experience :)

It is an arranged marriage. My fiance is studying in Canada. We started to chat on the Internet in June mostly talking about general stuff. We then started to get into more detailed conversations and video chat almost every weekend when we got to understand each other more. But we never discussed about what we exactly felt about each other until we met physically, which was only in November. A few weeks before we met, I had sent a “beautifully hand written” surprise letter (as he calls it :) ) which he totally loved. Coincidentally, he was also planning to write a letter to me but I had taken over to be the first one. He wrote back a letter too just before his flight to India. After a long and anxious wait, we met in our house in Bangalore for the first time. After dinner that evening, we went to a temple with all family, but neither of us talked much to each other. The next day we met again at our house and both of us went out for a long walk, and that was when we held each other’s hand for the first time :) After that day, he and his family went back to their home in Chennai. Just before they left, I, along with my parents, had gone to the hotel room where they were staying, to send them off. I went and knocked the door while my parents were slowly entering the hotel. As expected, he opened the door and gave me a super hot smile, that I just love about him. When I saw him smile like that, I just felt like I wanted to hug and kiss him right there, but obviously couldn’t as our parents were nearby :-(

After this we had to wait for another week before we could meet again. During this time we spent a good part of the day on phone and exchanged hundreds of messages. After that week, our family left to Chennai for the engagement preparations. Since the day we reached Chennai until we left, both of us met and went out to various places like temples nearby, beach, and museum. It was only in the beach that he told me (for the first ever time in the 5 months of talking) that he found me beautiful. After a couple of hours of more talking, he with his same stunning smile, looked at me romantically and said, “I want to feel you”, and asked for my hands. That moment was just out-of-the-world, and it was then that I realized what falling head over heels in love means :) The engagement ceremony went all well and that night we kept messaging each other until 3 am though we were tired and sleepy. That was the first time he said “I love you” :) He also mentioned that he wanted to hug and lift me before we left India (in 3 days). Little did we know that we would get an opportunity the next day itself when I went to his house with him. While we were climbing up the stairs, he suddenly stopped me and asked me to turn back towards him for a moment. He then held me close to him, hugged me and lifted me high, before I could realise what was happening. I took the opportunity to kiss him on his neck :D We thought that that would be the end of it until we come back to India for the wedding, but our parents were nice enough to give us both another full day off together just before we left India. We decided to go to Queens Land, an amusement park in Chennai by bus. That was my best bus journey ever where he pampered me while I was lying down on his lap and we were talking. When we reached there, we were just walking around for a long time talking and we went on rides, the first one we took was both our fav, roller coaster :) After a few rides, we had lunch and decided to take a walk...After a while, suddenly he realised we became isolated from the public when he gave me a surprise first :kiss Later on, we were sitting under a tree and chatting for a long time when we kissed each other (on the lips ;) ), realising we were going to be together just for few more hours (He was leaving for Canada the next day). While we were returning by bus, he asked me to sleep on his chest this time ;) and he held me tightly around my hip and giving me soothing kisses often :) He was way too romantic and much naughtier than what I thought he would be given I had an impression that he was a serious person based on our video chats. I still tell him I never thought he would be this passionate and I am very lucky to have been blessed this way :)

We went back to their house... while going up the lift, he became too violent and was on action to kiss me instantly as soon as he closed the door of the lift. He did more than just kissing (censored :p ) after which I started to call him “naughty”. Then our mood changed as he had to start packing and get prepared for his flight the next day. All of us went to the airport to send him off.. It was a painful time when we knew we won’t be able to see each other until May for the wedding :'(. After he left, we left back to Bangalore.

After a few days I came back to Germany with a heavy heart, and thinking about him throughout the flight. Then we got back to our video chats which were the only means of communication, though it was painful to depart and be far away, it was in a way amazing to talk about what happened when we were in India and relive those beautiful moments.

Then we started reading posts on Indusladies together, (we used to read the threads together on various topics) which we thoroughly enjoyed. It was certainly a nice way to know each other’s opinions on topics that were discussed on IL. He suggested to me today that I should write about us on IL and share the beautiful moments. So here is the post! I just can’t wait until May when I can get to just get crushed in his arms and kiss him hard ;-) He read this post before I posted it, and asked me if I only wanted to kiss him hard, and suggested that I add that he can’t wait for that night to do these and the other things :p

6 people like this.

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

So sweet. Nice to read about your experience. The courtship time is very important. I am glad that you both enjoyed the ceremony and outings etc.

Have a wonderful life. When is the marriage? Are you going to continue to study in Germany or moving to Canada?

All the best.:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers

3. malinyared

malinyared New IL'ite

Cho chweet!!.. Your thread saved my saturday night movie ticket!! Have a happy married life!!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  4. lollipop

lollipop Bronze IL'ite

Enjoyed your write-up on courtship. You have written it very well Niveda. Wish you a very happy married life :)

5. DS12

DS12 New IL'ite

Well written about your expericence Niveda...Brought our sweet courtship
    memories reading yours...
    Wishing you both a happy and successful life ahead..ofcourse together..:)
    Hope you guys focus on your studies too remaining your day/night dreaming and chatting..LOL....:rotfl

6. DrKadambari

DrKadambari Gold IL'ite

nice to see your courtship fun.... be ready to face the reality of life after marriage girl... might happen that only by reading this post in future you would even remember that life was so nice...

Marriage is an eye opener..

1 person likes this.
  7. puspita

puspita Silver IL'ite

Hi dear

Nice to know abt your courtship fun...I wish both of you a great n happy married life...enjoy like this throughout your life...:cheers

8. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Will this advise be applicable to someone in a love marriage as well?
    Or is it only a matter of time?

9. SallyR

SallyR Silver IL'ite

Hi Niveda,

Thanks for sharing your courtship experience...really enjoyed reading it. Reminded me of my own dating days, beautiful memories! :)

Life (married or otherwise) is of full of ups and down but when we have someone we love to share it with, it makes bad times tolerable and good times, extra good! :thumbsup

Wish you both a very happy married life! :cheers

Regards,

2 people like this.
  10. Mahanu

Mahanu Silver IL'ite

Nice post. Well worded. Took me back in time to the days of joy, longing and expectation before our wedding. :)

Dont allow the romance to fade away with time, after marriage. Wish you a very happy married life.:thumbsup