1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Do you talk beyond kids and kitchen with your man?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mstrue, Mar 9, 2011.

Do you talk beyond kids and kitchen with your man?

1. Yes. We talk non-stop!

66 vote(s)
    81.5%
  2. No. Our coversation is limited to chores, kids, bills, menu and the likes..

15 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Some couples talk a lot and some do not. :p
    While there are some who talk non-stop, there are an equal number of the silent movie types.. :rotfl

if they get on the car, they will resort to silence.
    if they go for a walk, they will either go quietly and some would even keep a 2 ft distance..
    if they dine out, they talk only to find out what to order..
    if they are at home, they talk only for the essentials..

Believe me, there are many happy couples in the silent types too. :thumbsup
    It is just that they have a limited vocabulary out of choice or nature.
    It is as though their vocabulary keeps shrinking progressively with each wedding anniversary they cross. :hide:
    The reason could be either their inherent nature
    or a self conscious measure to avoid unpleasant arguments
    or even lack of common topics/interest between them. :coffee

All they talk about in a day's worth is mere daily menus, chores, bills, kids and the like. :idea

If you fall in this category,
    do you like it this way?
    If yes, please share your thoughts. :p
    If no, have you thought about changing the ways? :idea
    May be you could pick up some tips from fellow posters on the other side of the bank.

Some common pointers to ponder:

1. Do you have enough topics to discuss with your man daily beyond kids and kitchen?
    2. Why does the communication shrink between some couples over time?
    3. Is it a good pattern to let it form over time? or should you curb it and be more open to small talks ( I mean not the mundane stuff or discussions on serious issues.. but the "just like that" kind of talks.. ) with your spouse?
    4. Do you think this talking improves (would improve) your bond? or is it immaterial?
    These are all open ended questions.. I shall leave it as an open discussion as well. Hope to hear diversified views from both sets of couples. :coffee

2. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

Wherever you may go, I'be right here waiting for you...remember that song from back then? Benson was it, I forget? Anyways the point was that I am ever ready to post on your threads...

Another good one!

DH and I talk all the time. When we have each other, we don't need another soul except for DS ofcourse. We entertain each other and keep each other good company. We talk about everything from the mundane to the spiritual to science...anything. TV, chores, errands, finance - nothing gets in the way...

I don't know if we got closer because we talked a lot or we talked a lot because we were close. We have always been this way. As the years pass by, I feel we have so much more to talk about...so many things to reminiscence about...

I don't think there is any one reason why some couples may not start to communicate, or begin to stop communicating...so many factors....life gets in the way I guess... I will need to think some more on that.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2011
  3. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

mstrue.. You really get wonderful ideas to start a thread:clap

Our life is like - We talk talk and talk all the more.. I always think we got a 101 things are still pending to talk about. Even if I get 2 days fully for talking it would not be enough..

We talk about family, relatives, bills, running the house etc is usual stuff.

Also about books, authors, cinema, TV , sports, friends, get togethers, organizing parties or lunches, relatives, .... City life, traffic, anything on radio, what we read on internet.. magazines, incidents at office, our feelings/raections to particular incident, analyze banking stuff, the economy, government, and what not!!!

What not in the world, anything that we may think of at the moment.. There are no inhibitions.. We just speak out our mind mostly..

4. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

True..really your threads are very interesting :)..(room pottu youcipaangaloo:idea)hey jk pa...:biglaugh(Sp is not here :hide:)

As DNM and preethi said..we talk talk and talk...about everything and anything..friends,family,movies,politics,songs,hmmm..sometimes how the earth,sun,moon starts to roll in the universe...about our ancient period and ruling..i could point out all..it go pages...if there is a silence in the room then it means both are not in good mood or we are in fight :rant..both dont like to shout each other.. after a commercial break again we atart our non stop nonsense....

About silent couples..no idea..may be they are expressing their ideas through their eyes or actions..

5. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl:rotfl

:yes::exactly: cindrella we are 100% same like You..

6. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Have you SEEN how long my posts on here can get???? Yeah, I'm a talker! :biggrin2:

Good thing my hubby is too so I have someone who can keep up with me. We never run out of things to talk about, because a lot of our conversations start based on things that are going on around us... and that is always changing! We have not yet run out of things to discuss.

However, we do love our silent moments too.

7. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

8. Preet82

Preet82 Silver IL'ite

I and my hubby also never run out of topics to talk.We are like this from the beginning and i love it.:thumbsup

9. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

:thumbsup:thumbsup

10. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Like all of you stated above, my hubby and I too talk everything and anything.
    I can't keep my mouth shut when it comes to my hubby unless there's an arguement or fight between us and so does my hubby. Even the cold treatment will only last less than 30 minutes or the most could take up to an hour.

Sometimes I wonder how do couples who talk less can survive. :hide:
    I have seen my cousin and her husband talk very less, they never talked to each other for the whole 4 hours journey. I hope they don't talk much infront people but are talkative enough when they both are alone.

Well when it comes to me and my hubby, we both are a bit reserved. We don't talk much with others unless they are our close family or friends. But we can't stop talking to each other. After listening to many other couples problems and expectations, I will take it as a blessing as my hubby and I talk a lot. :bonk