You are already
a member and logged in!
There’s this BIG fat Indian wedding happened in Hyd on February 25th and in the news as one of the BIGGEST weddings in India. The two sons of Newzealand NRI industrialist S Ravindra from Hyderabad, 'Rohit' and 'Ranjit' got married at the GMR arena in the city.
Here are the details:
NRI SONS WEDDING
- The main wedding ceremony happened on February 25 with an underwater theme and a Jhoda-Akbar theme too. Wizcraft has been designing the set for about two months and is rumored to cost several Crores.
- The brides were wearing Manish Malhotra lehengas for the wedding, and Versace gowns for the reception
- The grooms’ parents, Ravindra has chosen an Armani creation and Anupama Ravindra wore a Manish Malhotra creation
- Tribhovandas Bhimji Zaveri (TBZ) are the exclusive jewellery brand for the wedding
- The concept of the wedding invitation was conceived by Anupama Ravindra and executed by EDC (Entertainment Design Co.) from Delhi – the wedding card comes with pearls and costs around 10,000rs each (approximately 10,000 guests have been invited.)
- In between there is a middle-eastern theme part where half an acre will be filled with sand to convert the area into a dessert where belly dancers from Dubai and Russia will entertain guests.
- Especially for the event, 3 custom-made watches will be worn by the grooms Rohit and Ranjit. The grooms’ father Ravindra will wear a watch, designed by Rolex
- The cooks are from a traditional family with a lineage of over 200 years. The menu is expected to feature Kakori, Shammi, Ghutwa, Boti and Sheek Kababs, apart from Nawabi kormas and Hyderabadi biryani and other stuff.
- NDTV’s Big Fat Indian Wedding crew are flying into town to cover the wedding.
- A pink Mercedes, one of its kind in India has been bought to ferry the brides around town.
- The pre-wedding festivities have been on since Sunday with mehndi-sangeet and each day, from Monday to Thursday are theme parties in Nizami, Bengali, Rajasthani and Punjabi styles. There is even a post-wedding press conference on March 1 and a `high-profile reception’ in Auckland in New Zealand where the family lives.
check this links for their marraige photo gallery:
DOUBLE BIG FAT WEDDING GALLERY