1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I'm in a Dilemma...!!!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by kristy, Mar 3, 2011.

1. kristy

kristy New IL'ite

Hi girls
    i'm new to this web site and this is my first post.....
    i'm a well educated, not so beautiful ,happily married girl or woman with 2kids.my hubby luvs me a lot.
    once on the way back home frm my official trip frm Sharjah ,in the airport the flight was delayed for 5hrs due to weather problems....i waited in the airport longue.heard a voice frm behind me.......turned around to luk who it was and saw...... a tall,fair ,handsome, young man who's a surgeon standing and introducing himself to me. I was glad to know that he was frm my hometwn n we both were travelling on same flight.
    Had to kill time, so opted to chat with him, he’s a gentleman, did’nt neither misbehave nor talked odd things. We were together till we checked out of the airport.

Once my MIL was critical and was hospitalized for 15days, there I met him again (in fact everyday I had to see him). He was working there (as it was one of the finest and largest hospitals in the city which was owned by his father). Looking for the right time, he proposed me. I didn’t know what got into my dumb head :bangI accepted…… (Couldn’t resist, he’s so cute:kiss)
    Initially I thought he’s playing some game with me and ignored it, but it’s become serious. Now, he wants’ to marry me. He is 5yrs younger to me, he’s not blackmailing me. But I tried all possible way to make him understand that it’s not possible, its just infatuation. But he’s crazy.I haven't crossed my limits of married life.(seems like a movie story.....but its true)
    Sorry for this long letter. But please, please, help me!
    What should I do neither my husband nor my family members know about this

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011

2. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

How could you accept his proposal when you are married and at the same time say you never crossed your limit as a married woman? That too happily married??
    And I don't get it how could he propose a married woman who was at his hospital taking care of her MIL? Could it be that you have given him such signals and hope?

Now leave aside what happened so far. Good that you know it's just an infatuation. Is your MIL still admitted in the hospital? If yes try to have minimum contact with that guy, if at all not possible to avoid him all together. Only entertain any talk regarding MIL's health or if can ask your husband or others to deal with the doc regarding the medical issue.

Before that be firm and make it clear to him that you are not interested to prolong with him anymore. Make it clear that you love your husband and kids and you are not prepared to do anything to mess up your marriage.

Is your MIL out of the hospital and you still keeping in touch with him? Please stop contacting him, delete his phone number and email id.

He would back off is he was a decent guy or else I am afraid you need to inform your husband about it if he keeps bothering you. If he still tries to contact you then change your contact number and email id.

Nothing wrong getting attracted to the opposite sex but we shouldn't get carried away especially being married. We look at someone, get attracted and should drop it there and then. Keep thinking about them for days, thinking it would have been better being married to them than to spouse or fantasizing having sex with them is actually cheating on our spouse.

Once you stop seeing him and stop all form of contacts with the guy, the attraction and thoughts of him will go away. You may even feel guilty for doing that to your husband.

May God show you the right path. All the best.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  3. parasmanic

parasmanic Bronze IL'ite

Firstly u shud not have been in a dilema?:rantif u r ahppily married.........just a small piece of advise.........if u r in love n think u must follow ur heart then go ahead just look at the face of ur 2 kids n imagine for a moment ur life without them...........u ok with that then go ahead, there is no stopping u if ur kids can't make u hold on to the current marriage...........it already over with ur hubby then.

It takes a lot of courage to walk out of a married life n u can only do it if there is nothing left in it for u...........all d best

sonu

4. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

When we see a romance movie, we are tempted to live it. We become the hero/heroine, fall in love and then live a dramatic life in those two hours. And then return back to reality once the show ends.

Now, what if we got confused between reality and reel-ity?

The answer is simple. Our reality becomes reel-ity and becomes the talk of the town.

So unless you desperately want a bad publicity, shun that Doctor.

5. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

hi

i'm a well educated, not so beautiful ,happily married girl or woman with 2kids.my hubby luvs me a lot.

this line is enough for you to deicide wat to do my dear.
    as u said its just infactuation...
    nothing to be worried and stop contacting him and think of him.
    pls look ahead of ur responsibilities and future of ur kids....
    if possible let ur hubby know abt the person..if and only if ur hubby is too co-operative and optimistic guy or else u will fall into a new problem

hope ur mil is doing good..
    take care

6. arty2010

arty2010 Bronze IL'ite

From what you have written, I feel that you are just flattered by the attention that he is showering on you..he knows how to make a women feel special(not sure whether its good or bad)..but if he was concerened abt u and ur family's well-being he would have kept his intentions untold and moved on with his life..looks like he lacks the maturity..if you guys clicked as 2 ppl why cant you just have a good freinship..why is he intent on marrying you?..try to forget the person or introduce him to your husband as a friend and invite him home for dinner.. he will get the idea..if his intentions are good he will agree to be introduced to ur family or otherwise he will go away from your life for good...do the right thing girl... its time to think with your mind and not ur heart.

7. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

If this guy could break apart a family once, he could do it again. Meaning, today you're 'the one' he wants, tomorrow it could be someone else and you'd end up the fool with two ex husbands and no kids.

You can't accept a proposal if you're already married. Tell him you made a mistake going along with this crazy idea, but that you are actually happily married and dont want to take this any further with him.

Simple as that.

8. arty2010

arty2010 Bronze IL'ite

i agree with asg, i think you should tell alvida to the guy and if he does not budge pnly then as a last resort get him introduced to ur husband as a freind.. the sooner you do this the better..

9. Preet82

Preet82 Silver IL'ite

Just because a cute guy proposed to you,You accepted?what are you?15???

10. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Just wondering did you tell him that you were married and having 2 kids :bonk