1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Love You & I Like you

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Saradhaaa, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Saradhaaa

Saradhaaa New IL'ite

Hi all!!!

I just confused what is the meaning & Difference of I Love You & I Like you?????? any one clear my doubt

Advance Thanks for your valuable Replys

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

dear sarada,

the difference is quite subtle and so i shall give u a few examples.

• I Love You:

My sibling and i are very different people. we do not spend much time with each other, or share much in the way of interests or outlook on life. in fact there are many things he/she says or does that i find objectionable. i complain about this, but if anyone else says a bad thing about him/her, i feel hurt. i would also be very pained and suffer emotionally if he/she came to any grievous harm or died. i love my sibling, although i don't particularly like him/her.

• I Like You

I have many friends on IL. i have read many posts made by them and would like to be friends with them, because i think i like them. they sound like nice people.
    [/

I can love a person whom i do not necessarily like, tho' i like and may/may not love a person i like. i may like the person, but not necessarily take offense, if anyone says anything negative about that person.

B]

Liking is more mentally and discretionally driven, love more emotionally.i hope i have succeeded in explaining what i understand by the two terms.:)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  3. geethakrishna

geethakrishna Senior IL'ite

Hi dear,

i agree with satchi....

We can like a lot of people ... But we can love a few only...........

We can say the next step or level to liking is love..............................

Where in love we are ready to do a lot of things unconditionally and
    emotionally involved with the person...................... and tend to get hurt when some thing happens to them................. So is not the case with liking