1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

E embarassed by Husband on Anniversary day:-(

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by nehausa, Dec 4, 2010.

1. nehausa

nehausa Senior IL'ite

Hi! Ladies,

my husband is good man but sometimes he is annoying,and he
    disrespects me.

So it was our 6th anniversary and we went for lunch to restaurant
    and we ordered food and my baby was on highchair(2yr old)
    she started falling to sleep,
    my husband says i will pick her up i told no she wont sit back
    but he did...

she started getting naughty and in 10 mins our food came i started eating
    hot deicious food and my dh says i can't eat with her i am going and he
    leaves me and takes the baby i was eating alone felt so embarassed the server
    comes and asks is food good etc(i asked him to pack my dh food),,i was so embarassed with my dh i was crying there in front of server..
    i felt like an insult or humiliation,,,
    then i finished food and he was in parkign lot and we went home,,i was mad,angry,
    sad,disturbed,and wanted to go somewhere i dont see him..

he is very disrespecting sometimes and leaves me with no option
    but going back to him ,,,,

Just waiting for your alls opinion....

thanks

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010

2. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

neha...

to each, his own, yes! But please read some of the other posts in this forum and calmly think if this incident is really worth getting mad about. There are some ladies whose husbands won't even take them out. Put yourself in their shoes and you will realize how fortunate you actually are.

I know it is annoying sometimes,but is it really such a huge deal that you should hold your anger for so long? Think about it :thumbsup

3. harinisripada

harinisripada Gold IL'ite

Neha!! I agree with peartree!!

and so many husbands think that the baby crying is exclusively mom's duty, so mom has to pick up.... so, if he picked up the baby, he's being a responsible dad!!!

And most restaurants and their patrons (Customers!) would be happy to not have a crying baby inside, so he did not embarrass himself!!! He actually did the right thing....

You embarrassed yourself by crying in front of the server!!!

So, forgive and forget and laugh about it to your mom/best friend/hubby, they will somehow make you see the funny side of it!!!

Next time when you want to go out and enjoy a dinner in peace, ensure that your toddler has had her afternoon sleep and dinner also, take kids to restaurants for dinner AFTER you've given their favourite stomach filling food at HOME!!!! Then they will sit happily and eat the papads and chips from your plate and you can enjoy the dinner in peace!!!

Last edited: Dec 4, 2010
  4. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

I too agree with Peartree and Harini, u should be happy that ur H allows u to njoy the food and taking care of ur kid. In the restaurant making too much noise typically disturb other people who were there, so its better to take ur kid away else u would have taken some small toys that ur baby can hold.

Dont feel embrassed, be happy....

Ur H always put u in this kind of situation?????

5. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Well this is a common problem with kids. We used to take turns to look after the baby and eat , while I looked after the kid hubby ate and then he took over the kid and I finished eating at restruants . This is only a short term problem .
    No need to get the food packed !

6. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Actually, I agree with you. What your dh did was incredibly rude. Just because some ladies on here have stingy husbands who never take them out to dinner, doesn't mean you should have to accept substandard behavior from your dh when he takes you out. Have we ladies reached a point where we are so desperate in our marriages, that we have to be thankful even when our dh's met out bad behavior?

It's really ridiculous.

Tell him that what he did really hurt you and was extremely rude. Ask him how he would feel if you just got up and left him in the middle of a restaurant with food sitting there on the table. The RIGHT thing for him to do would have been to take the kid out and tell you he'd be back in a minute. OR, he could have said, let's go, we'll eat this food together at home. Request him to NEVER leave you like that again in a public place. In the future, I would suggest hiring a babysitter when you two go out for dinner.

Sorry your anniversary got spoiled. Hope the 7th one is better.

7. gjaya

gjaya Silver IL'ite

I agree 100% with ASG.

Frankly why the heck should we first of all compare others husbands behavior with ours, just because some other posters husbands behave much worse we are supposed to be thankful that this is the only issue in our life?? :bonk why the comparison to anyone's life for that matter...I have observed so many here writing this way oflate.

ASG wrote everything that was on my mind. Neha, hopefully your next anniversary will be much better. sorry this one was ruined by your husband's childish attitude. Maybe he was having a bad mood on that day so it tuned out the way it was. We don't know what caused it so have a talk with him, make sure he is not under any work related stress.

8. nehausa

nehausa Senior IL'ite

Thank you ladies for replying,,

i agree with asg n gjaya i said same to him..

it was my anniversary i was excited everyone was wishing ous
    i got dressed up we are going out lets be happy have fun
    but no men are unpredictable,,,

so my marrg is good (touchwood) everythig is fine no problem but i don't
    take anything from him like bad behaviour etc,,he knows his limits i give it back to him
    i made him realise he did mistake and he accepted it...here is next.

so i went in car and we went home all the way i faught with him told him
    the whole thing people were looking we came tog n im going alone,server looked
    sorry and it was american restaurant everybody was watching me..

then we reach home i was too mad to look at him so i took car
    left the baby sleeping in her room and went shopping alone
    after 3hrs i came home and did'nt talk to him for 3 days no tea in the
    morning no lunch and just ignored him totally,then he felt sorry and became sweet
    on his own i told him i will not take your bad behaviour.
    if you do this again you will be sorry for your life i threatened him..
    he won't say sorry but he felt it:)

i know one thing if you want respect teach him to respect you
    only then he will i did not run after him i finished my hot food
    then went i have self respect and dare if anyone hurts me
    i won't take it,but then you have to be forgiving also.

thanks for replying it was embarassing mon=ment in 6yrs
    of marrg,i just hope next ones better..

takecare
    neha

9. shruthipraveen

shruthipraveen Platinum IL'ite

That was soooooooooooooooooooo WEIRD of him to do that!!!!!! I don't agree with the other posts. That was INSULTING and EMBARASSING, to say the least!!!!
    See, didn't he know that a 2 yr old will cry in a hotel or any other place?

My husband & I have gone out to hotels with our daughter when she was much smaller. One of us eats first then the other. Its always like that. I can't imagine the situation if my husband would've walked off with the baby!!!!

Poor you. How u must've felt! In future, you can go out with another couple or some more ppl so that they can all look after the baby in turns.

10. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

If the same thing happened to me, my husband would DEFINITELY expect ME to handle the baby. You should infact be happy that your DH took the responsibility :)

I too have a 2yr old....and whenever we go out for dinner, i make sure she had her dinner AT HOME and is full. At the restaurant, we give her something like papad to eat and we carry on with our dinner.