1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Am I betraying my husband??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by itsmyworld, Nov 11, 2010.

1. itsmyworld

itsmyworld New IL'ite

Dear IL friends,

It is wonderful to have this site in which many of us get benefited. If not benefited, at least they got some consolation, suggestion or ideas.

I have some questions/doubts/confusions in my mind which often disturbs me. Hopefully, after sharing this with you all, I might get some sort of solutions to fix that. I have been happily married for the past 7 years with a 3 years old daughter. Ours was a love marriage and both the families were not against of it. Marriage life was been successful, I believe so because we shared all the up and downs together and no complaints. Since few months, I feel like getting attracted to other men, I do not know whether this is a crush or whatever. I am not mentioning about any one guy here, but yes, about guys. Do not misunderstand me. Since I am working, I have to interact with many men. Sometimes, I got attracted towards few of them. And there was no sexual expectation, no feelings sharing nothing. Just I get attracted and I think about them. It lasts in few days.

Is this called crush? Is that am I cheating my hubby? I cannot think of betraying him. But this caused me some problems like I see more negatives in my hubby now, which was not there before. Just want to come out of this situation. Can a man and a woman be friends? Can a married man and a married woman be friends? If so, please define it.

Good life :)

2. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

I might sound like the rude one here....but I am sooo surprised and also upset at the same time to see the no. of posts on IL lately about how married women find other men attractive and start finding faults in their husbands:hide:

Coming to your above question...can a married woman and another married woman be friends?? if so please define it...there lies the answer for your above question...

Friends wont get attracted physically....but people who are attracted physically can be just friends.....so that is the catch there..

I have very very best friends who are married men but that doest make me feel attracted to them....there are very diff. reasons for me finding them as great friends...

I guess instead of talking about something like friendship...how about you trying to figure out whats wrong with you or your marriage....YOURS is LOVE MARRIAGE?? and you find other men attractive :bonkwhat does that say??? what has changed in your marraige? does your husband pay enough attention towards you? do you feel loved and wanted in your own home, by your husband, does he make you feel loved? cuddle, pamper you? what is it that you find attractive in those men and that is not so attractive in your husband? was your husband like that all this while? or are you seeing any new side of your husband lately?

Might be its the 7 years itch??? basically are you feeling you guys are in too much of a routine that you dont find those lovey dovey moments anymreo in your relationship??/

3. sita2223

sita2223 Bronze IL'ite

There is no one set definition for what you are asking. It depends per person. You yourself can analyze if what you are doing is cheating or innocent crush by putting yourself in your H's shoes and vice versa.

Say he has the exact same feelings towards his female colleagues, how much can you accept as innocent crush or friendship and where do you wish to draw the line before it turns to cheating?? Define that according to your standards and then set the same standards for yourself.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  4. SR09

SR09 Bronze IL'ite

:exactly::yes: I feel the same too. :cheers

5. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

This is cruel.Please dont ask this question again.You are definitely out of the track.This will lead to EMA in the long run.

6. Sarasan

Sarasan Bronze IL'ite

Hi Itsmyworld,

Ur thoughts are very bad, please change ur mind, think abt ur family,parents, DH, LO etc.....

married women can be frendly with married men / unmarriewd men
    that is not at all an issue, but u said tat u got attracted by others, dont u found it shame! if u found some one with best qualities u can appreciate that, u can wounder them, or u can even follow their best attitudes... thats it,

u as a married lady u ur Husband should be ur Hero, no one should tell tis to u; u should feel this, He is ur man, he is everything for u, try to be frendly with all ur co workers, try to respect each individual, esply u admire ur self, respect urself & feel that u r living a very happy , responsible & blessed life which none else is blessed with, & feel proud that u have loving hubby & a lovely kid & say WOW how Lucky i am !

never sit idle & think unnecessary make urself busy with family & ur friends, try realise ur own responsibilities, try to behave in such a way that others can admire u ok na,

please take care of ur family, ur thoughts should always sweet to build a lovely life, never ever get confused.......... pray well, hug ur kid & kiss ur kid, get wrapped around by ur man & tel him sorry for no reason

take all the ILts reply as ur welwishers advice, please don spoil ur life by unnecesary thoughts, GOD bless u

7. itsmyworld

itsmyworld New IL'ite

Dear SriVidya,

I have replied to your comments in blue colour fonts.

I might sound like the rude one here....but I am sooo surprised and also upset at the same time to see the no. of posts on IL lately about how married women find other men attractive and start finding faults in their husbands:hide:
    Yes, I agree that has happened with me. But I do not want to stop this here. I am going to fix this.

Friends wont get attracted physically....but people who are attracted physically can be just friends.....so that is the catch there..

I agree friends don’t get attracted physically. But there should be some connection to become friends. And I never got attracted to somebody because of their physic.

I have very very best friends who are married men but that doest make me feel attracted to them....there are very diff. reasons for me finding them as great friends...

If you do not mind, I would like to know few of those reasons.

I guess instead of talking about something like friendship...how about you trying to figure out whats wrong with you or your marriage....YOURS is LOVE MARRIAGE?? and you find other men attractive :bonkwhat does that say??? what has changed in your marraige? does your husband pay enough attention towards you? do you feel loved and wanted in your own home, by your husband, does he make you feel loved? cuddle, pamper you? what is it that you find attractive in those men and that is not so attractive in your husband? was your husband like that all this while? or are you seeing any new side of your husband lately?

I do not think anything has changed. I still love my hubby. Whether this means I cannot get attracted (not physically) by others? Is that unnatural? I mean, honestly, I would like to know about your feelings.

Might be its the 7 years itch??? basically are you feeling you guys are in too much of a routine that you dont find those lovey dovey moments anymreo in your relationship??/[/QUOTE]

No way

Thanks for your response.

8. itsmyworld

itsmyworld New IL'ite

Thanks sita2223. I will analyze in that way too. i know ultimately, I have to fix this. Your suggestion are practical.

9. Vijipradeep

Vijipradeep Junior IL'ite

very frankly your cheating your husband thats no doubt in it
    mine s also love marriage dear after 10 years we got married our parents were against but now my family accept it but my mil still didnt accept me.

am such a mad on him dont you have that see love s such nice feeling
    we cannot show the same to other person. there are many situation we are facing in our day to day life peaople may change but after 7 years of you married life now your finding mistakes in your husband but wat you doing now you also doing mistakes.better try to change him according to your expectation sit and chat with him definently u'll get a solution

if i write further i'll go rude in this page

pls dont cheat anymore lets forget everything be a truthful wife

viji

10. Vijipradeep

Vijipradeep Junior IL'ite

hai sara

your words are doing magic in this page

its really true