1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to handle (always) teasing hubby?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by iswaryadevi, Nov 10, 2010.

1. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Re: How to handle teasing hubby?

Thank you very much for your advice. I will definitely tell her these two points. But as I said, ignoring is very difficult for her. Her hubby makes sure she gets irritated. I am not sure how far she would accept the second point. She is a very possesive girl, so she may not be able to accept it. I will ask her to give it a try.

2. iswaryadevi

Re: How to handle teasing hubby?

When she goes on telling him how much hurt she gets, he replies like 'You should take it as a humor, Who else can I tease' blah...blah...blah...

Not talking for a while - Will ask her to try. Thanks a lot for your advice.

3. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

This is not a problem at all....my DH sometimes do like this to tease me...he enjoys my reaction for that..your friend is in her initial married life(i guess its a common thing to men tease his DW then convince...;-)) so all these are jolly kiddings...ask your friend to enjoy it..but if her DH continue this forever crossing the limit..then she have to talk about it seriously..or just ignore without giving any reaction diverting her mind in other work..if this non reacting mode continues her DH will lose interest in teasing..:crazy

4. iswaryadevi

Sometimes teasing is fine, but her hubby does this always. That is her problem. Guess, from all the replies, non reacting mode is the best treatment. Thanks a lot for your help...<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

5. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Ice

Your friend's Hubby loves her to the core and he is 100% sure that his wife trusts him to the core. That is why he ignites her (may be he loves when she is sooo infuriated) and then cajoles her. He is adding spice to the married life.

How I know the above..., my best friend's hubby is ditto. So I have witnessed the same scenario many times.

Ask your friend to accept him as such and enjoy life. She would feel bored if he stops his pranks.

6. iswaryadevi

Dear AbhiSing,

Yeah, what you say seem to be correct, she needs to learn to enjoy his pranks. I shall convey this too. Thanks for your comments :)

7. divaone

divaone New IL'ite

hi
    i had the same prob before 2yrs i.e initial stages of married life:hiya. His motive is only to grab her attention nothing else. But its such an irritating thing,can be realised only when we face it! :drowning. What i did was, i just ignored his words.Tell your friend not to show any signs of low self confidence, jealousy,possessiveness etc..Ask her to stay cool and that will change his immatured behaviour. I never reacted. i honestly never felt any possessiveness. my dh left that habit after that. hope this helps ur friend too.Remember,its just a short term problem..:thumbsup:

8. YingYang

YingYang Senior IL'ite

Basically he is trying to seek a reaction out of her. It can be
    Case 1 : she ignores him
    Case2. She gets mad at him
    Case 3: she get jealous.
    Now lets consider the consequences:
    Case 1 "If she ignores " : then he will try some more. As he is getting a kick out of it.. and even some more… Eventually your friend will either will get angry/hurt/frustrated or Jealous.
    Case 2 "She gets mad" : Then he will get part of reaction out of her and he will be satisfied but she will be frustrated.
    Case 3 "She gets jealous" : In this condition he gets the expected results but she will be suffering most.

As I read she likes the cajoling part right. So why not,as soon as the teasing begins try acting jealous(Just act not real). Then she will not have to endure more pain of teasing as he will start consloing. He gets what he wants and she gets a her cajoling…. Hee hee

9. iswaryadevi

Yes, I have asked her to try the ignoring technique...Thanks for for your advice :)

10. iswaryadevi

This seems to me a very good idea :bowdown But will it work?? :spin

Thanks for your advice. Will inform her :thumbsup