1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Remarriage-Things to be considered

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by dream.girl, Jun 12, 2010.

1. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Dear Friends,

Hope you are all doing good by god’s grace..
    Thankyou all for your continuous support from couple of years..

Now I am financially settled in a very good position as a researcher and my boss is also very cool, So I do not have any Problems with my Proffessional life. I got PR( similar to green card of U.S) in this country too..

Coming to Personal life, I am planning to India next month after a long gap of 2 n half years. Me and my Parents are longing to see each other. You all know that I had filed a case in India 3 yrs back and coming to it there is no improvement in the situation and it is gonna take for couple more years.Here my ex is living with this country girl and in india his parents are cool about the case. I do not know when our Inidan Judiciary system is going to work Properly. My Parents and me thinking to go for a mutual consent or find some other way to finalise it and go on with my life. I am 27 gonna be 28 in 3 months. I told my Parent s to finish the divorce issues by the end of this year and start for the alliances from next year..I would like to get married by completion of 28..

Actually I am in a confusion state and scared too about remarriage when I think about past, but I feel having a good life companion is also an important thing in life. I would like to ask you all, about the very crucial things to be considered when looking for a groom and that too for a second marriage..??

Hugs,
    dg..

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010

2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Preferably instead of the Arranged Marriage Russian Roulette, try to go the route of getting to know someone well, before committing for marriage. You probably did one Arranged Marriage Roulette in your life already.

3. dream.girl

dream.girl Silver IL'ite

Thanq Spiderman1 for reply..

Yeah, This time I am gonna know the person well before I commit..But I had this very bad habit of getting adjusted to the person and thinks that he is nice..and thats the negative point in me..

Can you elaborate your explaination about "Knowing someone well" ..

Thankyou,
    dg..

4. shrikala

shrikala Senior IL'ite

Hi Dream Girl, congrats on your professional life and pray you get the legal decision soon.
    Please don't set a deadline that too a short one to find a 'good' companion. to get 'married' yes you can set a deadline but in arranged marriages it only by luck you can find a good companion in your partner.
    Are there other factors that forces you to get married before 29 yrs?
    You are independent and as long as your parents are by your side, you dont have to hurry into a commitment.
    My american colleague said this statement in a conversation and it is so true 'how do you know if someone is a jerk unless you live with them'
    We were discussing the concept of living together and some of the older american colleagues did not approve of that concept thats when she said this. unless you spend time with someone you would not know their true nature.
    I am not suggesting living together but discussing different topics over a course of time and making few important decisions together will give an idea of what kind of person they are.

During searching alliance for my marriage, i was more keen on knowing how the groom's parents were talking to my parents. like if they are rude, egoistic because of their status or because they have a son, etc, coming to groom, whether he can distinguish what is fair and unfair. if he has been making his own decisions without blindly following parents words.
    There was an alliance, he said 'i got a very good opportunity in my field of study but in a different city but my parents said dont go as you are our only son, stay with us and go for any available job' so he was working in a different field.
    You have to watch for subtle clues but there are occassions you might mistake and miss a good alliance but that is the chance we have to take if we dont have too much time on our hands.

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Basically I meant a love marriage instead of an arranged since you have more chance to interact and know a person.
    Understand their attitudes and principles, and see how they mesh with your own.

6. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Spidey this is a myth that in love marriage one can love someone/know to make a decision that one can live life with that person. my friend had dated a divorcee for 4 years, he went into marriage against his family wishes, got divorced and has a kid.

Love marriage or arrange marriage, there is no guarantee, as the dynamics of marraige changes on time, situation and so many other factors..

A friend of mine says he knows a friend who had dated 8 years to a girl, but could not live 3 months together....

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  7. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Thats why I didnt just say Love or A.M.

I said "Understand their attitudes and principles, and see how they mesh with your own".

Because attitudes and principles are a bit more long lasting.

8. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

I believe its luck....very hard to judge others .....

9. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

So, what suggestion would you give to dream.girl for the question she is asking?

10. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Shrikala you are right, those red flags are there somewhere.