1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In an unhappy marriage!

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by vijayabharti, Aug 23, 2008.

1. love

love New IL'ite

Oh My dear,

just forget about the RAHU DASA in u r life,pick your self up and go!!don't stay even for a moment.No need of wasting your time.DrowningDon't even discuss the past any more.we can discuss the future...it's worth!

cheers!

love.

1 person likes this.
  2. nagaraju

nagaraju New IL'ite

Thanks for understanding..and teaching...

I know how it is leave your parents and go with someone unknown to spend your whole life but ya when it doesnt work out you can quit it...and that is the best thing to do rather than dragging like a snail....

The good thing about you is that you are qualified enough to move on in your life a dur parents are supportive too..but the sad fact is that their are many women who cant say their sorrows and even if they want to walk out it is not supported by her families ..

So in this way you are much better off..i would like you to go do great things in life which can give confidnce to many women on themself....
    I respect you for what you are and what you can be ......

Be in touch and do tell me whats happening new in your life

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2009
  3. pallaviparkar

pallaviparkar New IL'ite

hi,
    I don't believe it. I was facing the same problem even before we got married.Fortunately in my case i had six months before my marriage to miggle around at my fiances place. And all i figured out was my guy was a momma's boy. He would just not stand for me. if this was the case before marriage imagine my situation after marriage.

4. Laxmi09

Laxmi09 New IL'ite

We all understand the wife and husband's relation is based on faith, mutual trust and love. If the husband is a moma's boy , we need to understand why he was made so. I am sure most of our answers would be "the love" that he gets from his mom.
    If he is so dependent on his mom and if a mother can influence that much , then why another lady cannot influence him and turn towards her ?. After all , here the moma's boys are proved that they can be influenced.
    The wife that enters in to these kind of moma's boys have already an opponent that they need to morally defeat to make her husband turn towards her.
    I believe , this is the kind of struggle most of new brides have to face in the early part of their married life.
    Winners are winners and so otherwise..

I donot mean to hurt any one's feelings - but this kind of risk is there in every new relationship.
    Those who wants to get married should be ready to face and fight for their cause.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
  5. vijayabharti

vijayabharti New IL'ite

Thanks Nagaraju for your support! It means a lot to me.

I know when you get married you should be ready to face such challenges as husband being a mommas boy. But a man who cannot stand for his wife when she is being abused and can leave her alone crying when she is miles away from her own family are definately not worth the struggle anyways. Atleast not for me. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
  6. nagaraju

nagaraju New IL'ite

Any time madam...
    I ave learnt many things and sure that will never happen..in m life.. i will not allow the woman aho trusted me and came to feel bad about her decisiopn i take this learning and into my life wont sit idle in situation swhen she is in problem same ways wont allow problems to come to gher also....

7. sirila29

sirila29 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    Mine is the same situation as urs. my DH is only son and we live together with our in laws. for everything they used to point out at me.i didnt have a job then. they started saying low things on me and finally i just felt so sick and tired that i got a job in another state and left. my hubby used to visit me every other week. for the first two years i never voiced my opinion but now i started up a fight and that became very absurd. my DH took it to the point that i was trying to separate him and his family but all my thinking was i need to have some space. they never understood and long fights have been going on.:rant:rant
    im kind of lost now. cant understand what else to do. if i dont talk they are like hitting me on the head always :bonk
    if i start talking they think im under my parents influence and they wanted them to separate. thats why we are doing all this. my hubby gives preference only to his parents feelings and least to me. he acts up a lot but in the end its his parents. kind of melodrama going on. dont know where this is going to end

8. vijayabharti

vijayabharti New IL'ite

Take it easy! If you have kids, think about them. You dont want to end the relationship just coz of your inlaws. Try to stay happy with your Dh when he comes to meet you. Dont make him feel awful with you.

Try to talk to him about what will make a great relationship with him. Are you happy with him being with you sometimes and with his parents at times? Try to make it work. I know you are lost. But you have my support.

9. jayar2011

jayar2011 New IL'ite

Hi,

Probably I am not in a position to advice some one as I am also stuck up with few issues. In my case my in laws are good by nature but their goodness creates irritation and problems for me and my married life as well as for my Parents.

I am a working woman and leave my kid with my in laws though initially with my parents but due to comparison reasons they are now in. Specially my MIL is very talkative and always speaks softly with no anger and hence my kid is always with her and fond of her and sometimes do not even come to me. this is my first problem.

Second problem- MIL is so kind to her sons that she will never even bother to tell them if they are doing anything wrong unless its affecting her. My BIL is not working but still he has got VIP treatment and I even though working have less importance and they do not discuss anything in front of me. And my husband is so much concerned that he dont even bother to respect my Parents. How to make him realise this?

Third problem : He just want me to handover all my earnings to him but instead I should not ask him. which irritates me. Please guide me there are lot more issues but my head is now sinking up and could not get any way to handle all these things.

10. pinky2cute

pinky2cute Platinum IL'ite

It's good that your kid likes his grandma. Nothing wrong in it. But you should try spend quality time as much as possible with your kid.

E.g. after coming home from work, sit with him and ask what all he learnt in school etc. Play with him daily for atleast 30mins if not more. Take him to playground. Read stories at bedtime.
    I'm sure your kid will become more close slowly. Just kids need pure love and some time to spend with them.
    Make his favourite cookies or sweet or anything he likes occasionally.

This seems to be same in every household. I doubt if this can be changed as we can change situations but not anyone's mentality.
    Try to be polite to your DH and tell him how much you feel sad when he doesnt give the respect to your parents. Tell him that just as he expects you to respect his parents, you too want your husband to respect your parents.

This is totally unacceptable demand by your hubby. Please do not hand him your hard earned money.
    I suggest you open a bank account in your name and deposit your monthly salary in it.
    If hubby asks why you did so, tell him that it's your earned money and you do not like asking money from your hubby hence you want to manage your own finances from now.
    Or you can say that you are saving up for the future of your kid.
    Maje some excuses but do not ever give your hard earned money in anyone's hands not even your own husband!