1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Problems for Single Parents

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by TypicalLady, Nov 19, 2015.

1. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

Dear,

I am a single mother since LO birth. rented apartment. My owner stays in different city...knows about my marital situation. No interference from him. Neighbours...just they need to know that you are separate ..nothing else...if they ask just say they need not know about it..it is just your personal thing. Its been 4.5 years, none of my neighbours know about my past or future. Mind your job, kids, their studies, their playtime, try to pursue for higher studies once you are mentally ready. every point o time Neighbor and society would question your choice of life. Don't waste your time. they just need gossip. Focus on your life. Make yourself strong mentally and financially.

2. catwalk

catwalk Gold IL'ite

Hello OP,

Being a single parent was not your choice. It just happened. You need to live with it.
    Be honest to yourself. Be honest to your children. Ask their opinion in every further step you take. Do not give any negative comments about their father, even though they have no attachment with him. That will boost their respect towards you.

People are nosy in India, especially if they come to know that you are single. Maintain a distance from everyone and do not tell about your personal things to
    anyone, unless it is really necessary. ( eg: Legal issues, Official records etc )
    Do not expose your inner thoughts / problems to outsiders. You can trust only your parents. Nobodyelse.

It is also possible that relatives / friends may come with proposals from divorcees / widowers. Discourage them if you are not ready for it. Even if you are ready, let it happen in its natural way / pace.

Children's social life build up through their friends in school. You will have very limited
    role in it. But you can take them out when you go for some shopping, temple etc. You can also go for movies or some amusement parks with the children. They should not miss the fun in life just because you are alone.

Be visible in your family events. Give the children a chance to mingle with their
    cousins and their parents. Being a divorcee is not a sin, So you don't need to hide
    anywhere. But if someone ask you about your personal matters , just discourage them
    by giving no information.

May God Bless you,

BlessedMamma and TypicalLady like this.
  3. TypicalLady

TypicalLady Senior IL'ite

Thank you CatWalk, Omnam, Shyamala, Soch for your valuable feedback.
    It definitely helps me a lot... feeling a little relieved with your responses.
    I hope I will be able to get thru phase peacefully..

Thank you all Once again.

1 person likes this.
  4. TypicalLady

One other quick question...
    is anyone aware of any virtual/direct support groups for single parents in Hyderabad?
    wanna get in touch with them and seek more inputs/understand all practical issues for single parents.
    also, hoping to find out similar social circle for my kids... so that they don't feel embarrassed while mingling with other kids (living with both parents)...

Thank,
    Typical Lady

5. TypicalLady

Can someone please guide me?

6. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

Dear,
    You are into virtual group already. Why not start a thread here for single parents..may be we can pin it. You can post your questions here. Why just virtual group...you should have your own friends...they should help u emotionally.
    Make your kids strong enough to face world...they have seen what u hv gone through? May be they can tell that he is no more. End of story. My Lo has hardly met him...so she doesn't know that she has a father. Keeps asking why my mother didn't get married and why she doesn't have husband. But she tells her friends that she don't have father. They don't have to run away from people...they havent any mistake.
    Being adult I feel so tough to maintain some lies at work, its irritating, stressful and frustrating...don't distance kids from society.