1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

This might help !!

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by ABD, Nov 11, 2015.

1. ABD

ABD Senior IL'ite

Hey Everyone,

I read few posts about feeling sad on festivals. SO I thought to share my remedies :) to cope up with the situation.

So here comes another festival after Karwachauth to ditch you again. You feel like hiding away from this world. You want to run away somewhere where peoples eye and questions don't follow you. You feel like people pity on you. Does it makes you to rethink your situation/decision. Do you feel guilty. hmmm. Well, here is something that might help you.

Based on my Personal Life and experiences.
    ===========================
    Give time, dont rush - Dont try too hard to deal with your situation. Let it take its own time. Dont rush into any job, or make any quick decisions. Currently, I do painting, watching my fav shows and plan to give myself another week and then decide about what I want to do professionally.

Accept your situation - Don't complain, Trust yourself and accept your situation.

Forgive yourself and others - Dont judge yourself or feel guilty. Leave the baggage and give yourself some free time. away from past experiences and people. and above all truly forgive everyone including you. Its okay to forgive. I did. It was very hard and took long but finally I did.

Understand yourself - You dont need anyone to understand you but you. Talk to yourself. Know your realself.

See your life as a movie :)- You are the director of your own movie. You choose the next scene and give direction to your life. SO think and believe in yourself and direct every single day of your own life exactly the way you want.

Control your Emotions - Loneliness/Divorce/Separation is nothing new to this world. But see this as a challenge and a new opportunity to do something meaningful.

Develop positive attitude towards life - Life is so much more than few bad experiences and people. Just Move on.

Talk - Talk to yourself and people. If you dont have anyone. I am here :)

Laugh - I realized , I hadn't really laughed carelessly in past 7 years. and when I did, I felt so content.

Do what you want to do - Indulge yourself willingly but not forcefully into something that you really like.

Life is not just about worries and tears. Its about you. It about who you are and what you want. Its about your dreams and to make your mark. No matter what you choose to do but do something. So when you look back after few years , you feel like a winner.

Living alone is a privilege - Yes you heard it right !! Once you are out of your emotional loop , only then you will see the real world. Open your eyes and heart to see and experience the real beauty of life. There are thousands of couples living together but silently wish to live alone but cant. Or couples staying together but still feels like stranger, lost in their own different worlds and just pretending to live with each other. Believe me , you are blessed. so Smell the Freedom and enjoy every bit. Truly speaking first few weeks were deadly, but now I feel so good to be free.

Take care of your health and Wealth- Do read/write/Yoga/Meditate/GYM or dancing or just walking. Just relax and feel your breath. Eat healthy. Plan your finances and invest wisely.

Above All Have faith in GOD. Whatever happens in life is always for good.

8 people like this.

2. lavenderlove

lavenderlove New IL'ite

ABD, that'sa very nice post. You seem to be a very positive person, stay this way always and continue to inspire people around you. Sometimes life throws problems at us and i think in the end it is all about how we react to it. We can turn into bitter humans or we can become positive and try to spread the positivity to people around us.

I read this beautiful quote sometime back which I wnat to share with you:

[h=1]“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.”[/h]Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

1 person likes this.
  3. ABD

ABD Senior IL'ite

Thanks for sharing the quote Lavenderlove, I loved it. and you are so true about what we choose to become.
    Stay Blessed and keep smiling !!

4. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

ABD good post. keep the spirit up and high.

may from ur post all the ladies who really felt low and hopeless after divorce and separation may get strength and positivity from your post.