1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Sad, depressed and lost.

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by lavenderlove, Nov 8, 2015.

1. sanjeet

sanjeet Bronze IL'ite

OP, do you remember, what made you immensely happy as a single person when you were in college? Movies/art/some nice food/desert/some sport/tourism? Just find the inner self who was lost in the battles of life. Enjoy being single. Detach from your past. Do what others who are in a relationship are not able to do.. adventure sports/Volunteering at some center/pet rescue/marathon/tri-athlon. Do what ever appeals you. Invent yourself. Invent the new you. And for your sake, don't be bogged down by age. Age is "really" just a number.
    You are lucky to be in UK - a western country where women are really treated equal to men, so look at local women in your age group - the way they lead their lives. Don't give a damn to age.
    Once you start living a happy single life, your happiness and charm will find you a partner. No one, yes, no one wants to be in a committed relationship with someone who has just come out of a marriage. So, take your time. Relax. Enjoy. Live.

1 person likes this.
  2. guruNbhars

guruNbhars New IL'ite

I really appreciate all the posts on this thread, so encouraging and warm :) I especially love Dr. Sky's reference to yoga and art of living. I believe in the power of yoga whole-heatedly because I experienced it first hand. Please, please try listening to youtube clips by as many of the masters (Sri sri Ravishankar, Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev, Osho, Ramana Maharishi etc) as you can. Find which clips really touch a chord and then follow that master with all your being.

Love and marriage are a part of life they are not LIFE itself. In today's world far too much emphasis is placed on the man-woman equation, to the detriment of everything else.

1 person likes this.