1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Before and After

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by anjuanju, Sep 30, 2015.

1. anjuanju

anjuanju Bronze IL'ite

All,

Its been a while i have not posted any thing in this forum. Life is just going on for me . Some days I will be bold and think that let us handle what evr that comes on my way some time i feel very depressed.

even after divorce, I could not come of this even after these many months of divorce. some times i feel i should have continued my marriage and live with out any expectations from him when I am too depressed.

So much pressure inside me, mixed feelings anger,depression ,courage to handle my life how hard it is and all.

Life is really tough before and after divorce. some time i feel i should have continued this marriage instead of having all this pressure.

before leaving him and after leaving him, i had same unhappiness and same pressure,. one more added to my live after divorce that is uncertainty of my future that could be the reason why i am feeling so

These days i am feeling that there is nothing left in my life. even after these many years, some times when i talk to other people accidentally his name comes out of my mouth. Its been years. I want to get over it.

Why god is doing all this to me . I just do my work and did not harm any one knowingly. why is god giving me these may troubles.

Thanks

2. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

devote your time with God, try doing some voluntary work. helping needy children or old age home. This might give you some peace. adopt a child maybe! This will distract you from thinking about past and will give you a new life! Just my cent!

sindmani and sunrays like this.
  3. ssg

ssg Bronze IL'ite

Be strong and think positive. Always engage yourself and keep meeting more people. If it has been long, then think about marriage. Not immediately marriage but start meeting guys.
    It is not easy , you have to be very strong. All the best.

4. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

It's not as easy as everybody say. I know, have seen someone close to me in such situation. See its better to move on rather staying behind, which does no good to you.

Its hard but not impossible, involve yourself in things that cheers you and makes you feel comfortable. Don't bother about anyone, nobody is going to share your sadness. Be happy always, make new friends, if possible try changing your accommodation.

Do only those things that you wish to do, not what others want you to do. All the best.

5. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

You can!! Its just a decision away ...

There is no standard time for healing. It varies from individual from individual and depends on various factors. Do not force yourself to heal just because you 'think' its been some X number of years.

Divorce... and it happened. Accept the truth. Make a decision to remove him from your memory. It is difficult but it can happen. Not overnight .. gradually.

It requires deliberate effort on your part to continuously fight off the thoughts that reminds you of the past, that person and the hurt. Eventually one day you will find yourself different, renewed and strong. Its just the matter of time.

Your life is not doomed because of divorce. Its just that you ended up with a wrong person. You had undone it with divorce. Start life afresh. He doesn't deserve to be in your life and in your thoughts. Your peace, your happiness is important to you now. Anything and anybody who is ruining it should be out of your thoughts and heart.

Its a tough phase. But trust in GOD. You will heal. Don't lose hope and don't get weary.

Don't bargain saying if I had done that .. if I had done this I would have been happy with the guy and all. You kicked him out of our life for some very valid reasons. Now, do not see the whole hurt from different lens (the current pain) and think there is something which you missed to do to save the marriage. Due to the current emotional and mental state you are in and your continuous disbelief that all this happened to you, you are unable to see and accept the fact that your life is much better after divorce.

He is someone of your past. Don't look back. Look forward to move forward. Looking back only holds you back.

Hugs to you!!

2 people like this.
  6. anjuanju

anjuanju Bronze IL'ite

Thank you InduBalaram,ssg,sreeram and metamorphic for your suggestions.

I was too depressed when i posted this thread.Now I am feeling little better.

Anju.

1 person likes this.
  7. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

Good to know that you are feeling better. Be positive and strong,you will see a colourful life ahead. All the best.

8. kiran1975

kiran1975 New IL'ite

Hi Anju,

Lets know each other???

9. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

Dear op
    whatever @metamorphic siad is exactly what i thought to tell u. but as she already said i m not retyping.
    but dear it is not easy but not so difficult. see we have to life life either smiling or crying no option so why not smiling.
    and what is gone is gone...dont waste energy and time thinking past. kindly utilise it for future.
    what about remarrying? sorry i dont know how comfortable u r but give it a thought.
    and just think once that ..would he also be thinking about u in same way now and missing u...if in anycase ur answer is no then u decide upon whom u r wasting ur time and energy.
    how was ur life before him??? live that life again...think him as bad dream
    all the bestconsole1

10. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

Its grieving process.Be kind to your self.Dont allow your mind to beat your self over wudda shudda.