1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Separation seems like last resort

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by cheenu123, Sep 24, 2015.

1. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

you are too vulnerable.. focus on re gaining your confidence to face issues.

MIL and SIL should neither make or break a marriage... as your lawyer uncle says, think if you see any sort of "hope" in your DH. even if there is a slight hope, I would rather suggest you to work on your relationship with him than call it quits.. be mindful of the fact that you may have to lose some of the battle to win the war... pick your fights and focus completely on DH...

the background noise will die down eventually if you target shutting them over a period of time... but if you have no "hope" in your DH, there is no point continuing with him..

before deciding one way or another.. be mindful of the fact that any human relationship (not just marriage) involve the cycle of love, care, compromise, setting of priorities, seeing the bigger picture of life etc etc..

sindmani likes this.
  2. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP, from what I have read, I think you don't need a psychatrist. Your H does. And you both need a marriage counselor. I think major reason for your depression is your issues with your H and In laws. If that gets resolved, your depression also will vanish. YOur health takes precedence, no doubt. First get a grip over yourself and try to practice spirituality. Join Yoga classes, pray meditate. As you start to feel better, you will start thinking clearly and then get your common lawyer friend to get H to go to a marriage counselor with you. But first, you have to take efforts to come out of depression. Medicines only aid in overcoming depression, you have t work on your mind and will. Good Luck and May God Bless you

sindmani likes this.