1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Very upset and help urgently needed

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by ssg, Sep 24, 2015.

1. blossomingbud

blossomingbud Silver IL'ite

And how would you have stopped her? OP, you can't stop anyone from cheating.

Stop feeling guilty. You are doing everything you can. As previously mentioned, time is the best healer. Accept your past. Stop thinking "what if".

1 person likes this.
  2. paramlav

paramlav Silver IL'ite

Your bro took right decision by giving divorce ..why do think you want to stop that if you were there. Already she has bf so it's ridiculous to continue relationship with her..it's ok happened is happen . You don't feel guilty bcoz u have extended your support how much u can..time heals everything . Think now what u can do now

1 person likes this.
  3. ssg

ssg Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Paramlav and Blossomingbud for your support.
    The girl was guilty when asked abt the cheating, my Bro didnt think abt Divorce.
    But when she and her family started blaming my bro for her cheating, he got angry.
    They said since my bro didnt give her enough love and caring, she ended up doing this. and they kept on arguing , shouting on my Bro.

I thought, if i was there, i would have calmed them down. Made her say sorry and my bro wouldnt have divorced.
    He is very sensitive and not able to stand strong after this.

Yep i am talking to my family daily, giving them support. I wish time should heal but hope my brother is not getting mentally disturbed and not able to come out of it. I will talk to him daily to get him out of this.

Thank you all

4. paramlav

paramlav Silver IL'ite

Exactly they should be ashamed of themselves , if she doesn't get love and care is there any rule to end up like this...ridiculous ..there are many wives who don't get love still they continue their relationship with hope ..one-day Will come for them to be loved. That lady should be happy she got divorce . How kind u people are with simple sorry u people forget everything and welcome her backkneesmiley

5. introspection

introspection Silver IL'ite

My 2 cents in blue

Ok finally, if it can do any good. I got married again, my new wife accepted me without any preconditions (in-spite of me having a child from my previous marriage). I am married now for 2+ years, blessed with a daughter. Life started again from scratch, doing ok at work, new responsibilities, new horizons. I dont think much about what happened in the past.

Your brother will be ok. God bless !

“Hold fast to dreams, For if dreams die
    Life is a broken-winged bird, That cannot fly.” ―
    Langston Hughes

2 people like this.
  6. ssg

ssg Bronze IL'ite

@ Introspection.

Thank you so so much for your kind words and giving me hope and encouragement.
    You have answered these questions that were in my mind from so many days. I got tears again into my eyes reading your reply.
    Yes what you did was correct, trying for years coz atleast you tried your best from your side to save the marriage. Thats what i wanted to do and infact did thru phones. she ignored my calls and emails.

Everyone makes vowes to stay with the spouse in good and bad times in marriage then how come all these people taking divorces saying their spouse has some problem.

Thanks again. God bless your family

I wish and pray, my brother also some day have a family with a lovely daughter.

The most logical thing would be to question God. But everything happens for a reason. What if your brother discovered the scandal after 10 long years of marriage. He would be more devasted than what he is now. Atleast, now he has supporting parents, supporting sister, so he should be able to cope with this failure better.

7. blossomingbud

blossomingbud Silver IL'ite

"best defence is a good offence". That is the path they took it. They didn't blamed your brother in a fist of anger. They knew what they were doing. If a person truly regrets cheating/lieing and understands the damage that did to a relationship, they will be willing to accept and work on it. Not fining excuses and justifying it.

Good luck to you and your family.