1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hating my mom for forcing on matches i don't like. How to avoid this match?

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by ivlakshmi, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Sweetgirl123

Sweetgirl123 Silver IL'ite

That is all really nice for you.
    when I first read this the impression was of a teenager writing this. But judging from your circumstances you must be a full grown woman and not an over wrought teenager. Even if you married young, you must at least now be in your 20s. And all this really comes across as teenage drama. You have been married, you have got experience in this issue, you (should) know what you want.
    Parents always will see their children as babies but they can treat you as an adult. It sounds like they are a bit old fashioned and that they concerned about you being single and not having a provider and what not. So it would probably be best if you sit down with them and tell them that you understand their concerns and worries. However also that just simply marring the next best dude who is asking isn't necessarily the best option but could make your life in the end more miserable and you being worse off then you are now.
    what complicates things is that you are living under their roof and hence you have to live by their rules. So I'd really try to stay calm, not get emotional, instead have good arguments to back you up.
    but if it comes down to all, maybe you have move out or what.
    everything comes with a price and the question is weather you are willing to pay it or not.
    in the end, you have options, you need to examine them.
    you are grown up. You can decide. People ,not even your parents, cannot force you to do anything you don't want.
    regards to the guy, well some people are shallow, some people are not. But it is better to be honest about being shallow or wanting money or things like that then to pretend not to be and get into situations that are hard to undo.
    however, I really don't see any harm in meeting him, unless you really do not want to.

2. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

@ivlakshmi It is unfortunate that someone "forced" you to do something you didn't want to do.

I hope the guy didn't "force" you into marrying him.

I hope now you don't allow people to "force" you into doing things you don't want, and you have self-confidence to pursue the life you always dreamed of.

I hope you can pursue interests and hobbies that deepen your appreciation for life such that in short while the man of your dreams is pursuing you for Holy Matimomy, and love flows from you and him and everyone in between. (Someone on IL advised me this same thing and slowly slowly I am exploring my passions and making room for continual self-improvement)

You are meant to live happy life and get along with everybody.

Take care dear

3. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Good. Looks like you have made your decision. To get out of the situation, just talk to the guy over the phone and try to find incompatible points and then just inform the parents that you guys talked and looks like we are not compatible.

Just remember any marriage has compromise. Some we know before marriage, some we come to know after. So make a list of things that you wouldn't want in a partner and what you would want. This will help you decide faster. you can then share it with your parents so they know what your preferences. Personally, my list of things i wanted was no smoking, drinking, non-veg, etc, education equal or higher than mine, living in the same suburb as mine. Got all of them but had to move to US after marriage and eventually got settled here in US.

1 person likes this.
  4. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Yes.. I am already up for compromise but still stick to want certain things. I told my dad that i am not comfortable. I told the guy as well in message but he did not reply ..may be he felt annoyed.

5. Maniya

Maniya Senior IL'ite

A girl or boy for that matter has a right to give looks the importance it deserves. I am glad that as a girl, you have not compromised. Looks are not the most important of all qualities in a bride or a groom, but that doesn't mean they are of zero importance. I congratulate u on giving importance to looks. Many women I have seen don't give imortance to the boys' looks. It is a mystery for me, esp. when the girl is an angel and her husband is diametrically opposite. It is another thing that such women are happy, by and large. But that doesn't mean looks should be totally ignored.

I agree that there should be some attraction in you for the opposite sex. Else, it would be disastrous, when you are having 'it' and you feel iffy or yucky.

Choose someone whom you get attracted to. Nothing wrong.

If you don't mind, what age are you now? into ur 30s?