1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need suggestions abt my life...mentally n physically hurt...

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by shamah, Sep 2, 2015.

1. shamah

shamah New IL'ite

Hi friends, I am married for around 1 and half year now and mother of a baby. I am educated and married to an educated{but worst than illiterate} person. After marriage for every small things my MIL used to scold me very vulgarly not only me she includes whole my family and relatives. She never speak with respect to my parents. My DH is also same like his mother. He listens to her words a lot and made my life a hell. He uses bad words n i cant express he treats me like a animal. He is being torturing me physically and mentally. In beginning I dint let my parents know about all this bcos they r in debts tensions of my marriage. It affected on my health and my parents knew about all this happened within 2months of marriage. My MIL never gets satisfied in her views I am a slave she stopped me from my work in MNC after marriage. There were N number of arguments after marriage,during pregnancy, after delivery and every time settlements from my parents, panchayat, relatives, mahila mandal but there is no change in my DH and MIL. Last time also he convinced me saying that he has changed n will not raise his hand or use bad words and promised me. But after going there the same story repeats again. He raised hand on me spoke bad words in front of children, in laws, his brothers, sisters and their spouses, out side people on road...I feel like i dont have any value i am not a human. No freedom, no social life, friends, cousins, relatives, not even my parents and siblings. I going through a lot of mental stress and one day I took a decision of ending my life i had 12 tablets n was admitted in hospital by my brother till now no one from in laws side or my DH cares about me whether am alive or dead. I know I took a wrong step but I lost control over my thoughts, i lost my health, i lost thinking power due to mental stress.

2. Malar27

Malar27 Senior IL'ite

Dear Shamah,

First of all, how are you now? Yes, it certainly was not a good move at all but again we are are humans. Tendencies to get over emotional happens.

Right now, what you have to do is mentally stabilize yourself. Then decide what you want to do next. Remember, you can only move forward if you are mentally stable!!

Re-organize yourself. Get a job and build your self-confidence.

Where is your child? How long have been in your parents place? When was your last contact with DH and family? Where did this incident happened? MIL's place?

They have become very comfortable disrespecting you. Nobody should degrade another human being. Move smart from now on. Get some legal advice. I am not telling you to go for a divorce! A legal advice here is to mainly safe guard yourself. You will get an idea of what you can do next.

Take care and be bold.

2 people like this.
  3. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

y divorce???? u have to stay there and give them their own piece of cake... y n how can we let them go jus like that by taking divorce???

sorry op.. but my decision is not divorce.. go to ur inlaws place(before going do the following things : 1. get a job...in matter of time any job..low salary or high..watever.. there are n number of jobs if u have no conditions on salary or expectations... job just to have urself sometime n mental peace n to show them that u r a big person... 2. arrange for a daycare/nanny/ask ur mom to take care of ur baby.. how old is ur baby? u can leave ur baby in ur moms place n collect baby wen coming back from work.. for all the expenses don use ur money/ur parents... go n ask straight to ur h itself for money.. if he says no.. then u say u will go to police.. ) after deciding all this go to ur inlaws house.. stay there as if u r the queen... do some cooking , u eat , feed baby, get ready for office, leave baby at ur mums place, go to work, eve collect baby from mums place, go back home, prepare something n eat n feed baby n watch some tv n sleep... if they ques u give them answer back nicely...
    don bend .. stand up for urself n ur baby..

i personally don believe in divorce.. because it affects ladies more than men.. again u would b the sufferer.. he may remarry n b happy.. but for ladies its v difficult.. so u have to take up charge n b bold..

all the best!

1 person likes this.
  4. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

i asked u t get job just for sometime to spend for urself n stay peaceful for sometime.. but moneywise ask him to spend every penny for u n ur baby.. coz u hav all rights.. ur his wife n ur baby belongs to him so he s bound to spend for u both.. he cant say no..

save the money that u earn for future..ur future.. don give this to him..

1 person likes this.
  5. catwalk

catwalk Gold IL'ite

Sorry to hear that...

Do you want to continue whole life like this? Do you think that your child is growing up in a healthy environment?

Before moving out, please collect all evidence against physical and mental abuse.
    If you have a mobile phone, please record them from now onward. Collect all evidences for the transactions you made with your DH family. ( Gold, Money etc )

Look for a job and try to be independent. As soon as you become independent, rent
    a house and move out. Stay away from MIL. Check if your DH's attitude towards you improves after that or not. If no improvement, find a lawyer and seek legal
    help. Submit all evidence you have collected and demand for compensation / alimony.

Your Parents may not be in a position to accept all these things. You do not bother
    them with your financial needs. If you are financially independent, they would definitely support you.

May God Bless you..

2 people like this.
  6. Desiindian

Desiindian Gold IL'ite

OP, I feel sad for ur situation. Hw are you nw? Why you didn’t think about ur kid before doing such thing? The only sufferer wil be your son. Pls do not even think about it anytime.
    Do you really want to continue this marriage?. If ur son grows up in such atmosphere, he will also be abused along with you or will turn to be an abuser. Both are not going to be good for u two. You have gone to the extent of killing yourself, you find a job and live separately with your parents. Now ur dh and inlaws will take this incident a reason to pointout against you. If you really wish to give another chance to your husband, u call and ask your husband what is his decision. Decide what needs be done after your husband’s response, don’t waste your time expecting him to call.

1 person likes this.
  7. shruthisp

shruthisp Gold IL'ite

Leaving a MNC job juz because someone forced - Blunder
    Having a child even after realizing issues in the short span - Another Blunder
    Attempting suicide -Uttermost blunder

OP, u need to do some serious thinking, if you are waiting for someone to save you and handover ur life, not going to happen. u have child depending on you.. High time u take a stand and do self supporting. If you don't want to give this moron divorce then don't. Get a job, secure your life then think abt next when u r ready.

4 people like this.
  8. shamah

shamah New IL'ite

Thank u friends for your replies and suggestion which means a lot to me... Sorry for late reply.. Now am fine and i want to discuss more on my present situation. Once again thank you friends for ur support to me..

9. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shamah, how are you now and how is the situation at home?

Don't ever try to take a step to end your life, you should think about your baby. Who will look after the baby, that monster father? When you become a mother your responsibility increases, whatever you think and do in your life it reflects your kid's life. So please take care of yourself. As you said you were working before the marriage. So try to resume your work, concentrate on your career and kid. Once you are settled mentally and professionally, then you can think about what to do with that monster husband. Till then my suggestion is, better to stay with your parents.

10. Sendeepa

Sendeepa Silver IL'ite

I sympathize with you and ladies have already given you suggestions. I agree with shruthisp . "We do not do things just because someone forces us to do. We always have our own reasons for doing it". Pray to GOD to give you strength to take the right step in your life so that you and your child can have a good life. The sentence"worse than illiterate" in your post has bothered me. All illiterates are not worse FYI.

2 people like this.