1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

welcome to my personal space.

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by whatalife, Aug 27, 2015.

1. whatalife

whatalife New IL'ite

hello all.

i've been a passive reader of this site ever since the sacred bond broke and been in the 'one flew over a cuckoo's nest' state of existence. It isn't exaggeration when i say that i would have been wasted if not for this site and the deliberations that keeps me introspecting.

I tried alcohol, smoking isn't my forte and that perverseness ended for good.

The past is not amenable and the relationship beyond recovery; i've given due attention to arrive at an unbiased opinion for the same.

I've chartered a path of recovery to re-establish the lost glorious life- which i still relive in my memories at despondent times and then brimming with hope at some other times. These inconsistencies! The resolve is firm except that it disappears at times which remind me that the assumed strengths of mine are built on weak fundamentals. One just can't surpass the laws of time.

Everyone here have posted their past, which makes for a good read at bad times, but i want to focus on future, so i regret i cannot go through a retake of the same. I will take it as, i accept the part of my blame and am ready to make amends for the future.

These are miserable times. Ladies and gent, wish me luck such that my presence in this sub-forum is short.

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Good luck to you Op. Hope you find happiness .

1 person likes this.
  3. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Forget and move on. Counselling will help you to tide it over.
    Best wishes.

1 person likes this.
  4. whatalife

whatalife New IL'ite

The 5 stages of loss and grieving

1) Denial and isolation
    2) Anger
    3) Bargain
    4) Depression
    5) Acceptance.

Sourced from the www.

In reality, i am now coming to terms with the reality. That my marriage was a failure. And apart from the denial, isolation, anger and bargain, i now has the urge to move on. No, i didn't transcend these states. I had dwelt more than enough.

Ladies, i had always treated with contempt the inner voice, and let 'maya' engulf with all the worldly charms and deceptions. I am not talking religion. Deep down, he told me this won't work out when the alliance arrived. That the entire world so applauded and celebrated the marriage and 'nothing can go wrong for me' belief systems led me astray.

My next exercise is to find that lost voice and give it a new life. I will listen to him, maybe he has a clue to what to do next.

'what would I have been, had this never happened'
    'can i get back to that'
    'Really? Is it possible?'

5. vaidehi71

You are in stage 4. It will progress to stage 5 eventually.
    Really only sometimes I have this inner thoughts/voive. But regarding marriage I had firm belief whatever the reason I will never quit. No matter what happened even divorced, I would not remarry. I was firm in some Hindu beliefs and could not change. Probably the best of my beliefs helped change both dh and myself and salvaged marriage. I had arranged marriage and I never regret marrying him inspite of all the hardships I had undergone.No one goes thro happiness without going thro pain. Lots of things are kept to heart which I do not share except with dh. This comes with years of being together. Not even my mum knows it. Some pains are left to yourself to make them heal.
    Your ID shows how depressed you are. That will not help you to think properly. Go for counselling or if you can meditate do so. Thinking about the past is of no use. Blaming the other partner is part of the anger stage. Move over that. There could have been problems on either side. Is it going to change now. The only path for u is to forget and move on and if you feel comfortable go onto the next stage of life getting remarried. But for any marriage to be successful some things are requisites- love and flexibility. Marry only when you feel that you are ready for the commitment.

2 people like this.
  6. whatalife

whatalife New IL'ite

I should thank you for writing here, 1st and foremost.

1 Inner voice is nothing paranormal or some weird bird that calls at the opportune times, like in the epics. That part of me which thinks and which doesn't get carried away, i suppose.

2 That u do share with your spouse is something suggesting the strength of the relation.

3 ID is just a namesake. I don't possess the symptoms of D. I did check.

4 Yes, not serious about getting committed again. Some window for reflection and then press reset.

apologies for the lackluster reply. exhausted.

7. whatalife

whatalife New IL'ite

i am in a dilemma whether to post a few episodes from the married life(earlier i said i won't) or not. I typed some and then left it as such.

signed
    hypocrite

1 person likes this.
  8. vaidehi71

Good to know that you do not have symptoms of depression.
    Inner voice as you said I did not mean as paranormal or otherwise, just I meant I do not get it often or atleast in times of stress probably never get it.
    Thinking logically might help, however when you are distressed you will not be able to do so because of the situation.
    Yes, the relationship I have my dh is built because of my strong commitment which my dh took really years to realise, but I am really happy about it. He had told that he would divorce me in my first year of marriage, so many things happened, just don't want to got thro that phase even in thinking or dreams, one of the worst phase of my life. I had to perservere with my marriage and endure sufferings for him to realise it. But it has taken a heavy toll on my health. Years of sufferings are like passing clouds looking retrospectively. I have lots of faith in religion, so does dh and I feel karma in whatever difficulties I endure in this life. That is a coping mechanism to live from my perspective( otherwise hard to forget as well as forgive).
    Just went away off the track. Just take one step at a time and be cheerful and look at the bright side of life.

9. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Happy to hear that you you are in a happy state. All the hard work and effort paid off.

1 person likes this.
  10. whatalife

whatalife New IL'ite

@vaidehi71

I think i will go through your other posts here too.

In spite of the rich cultural religion backed brought-up, my coping mechanism(faith) crumbled. In politics, nor-withstanding the shortcomings of democracy as it is practiced world over, we still persist with it for there is no suitable alternative.

And God/fate too is one such construct. One can keep criticizing it day in day out but there's no alternative and the other tangibles don't provide that much needed succor. Like in the Max Payne game, 'no us in this'. I have to go it alone.

Today's an auspicious day. I don't know if 'hindu rate of growth' will suffice, but i would be glad if today is better than yesterday. And recent news from 10% growing China is not good either.