1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

mentally abusive interfaith marriage

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by ravioli1970, Aug 22, 2015.

1. ravioli1970

ravioli1970 Bronze IL'ite

hi friends,
    wow!! so many suggestions, very nice.
    no he was never an alcoholic, intact was an occasional social drinker but had had a history of job losses last 10 plus years and hung out with a friend who was a heavy drinker and i guess company and life frustrations got to him and now works out of state and whenever gets a chance during the week and weekends drinking has become his past time as he has always been anti social there fore there is no social life for us besides work
    the interfaith is a big part in this. yes he has always pushed his muslim thing in my face and in the beginning, i compromised to make him happy but when he insulted my parents calling them f****** hindu and all that, it was the last straw.
    my parents live in india and once i separate from him i will not be able to provide for my child as well as him lets face it no matter how gud a job i get.
    re: him giving alimony and all that he says he will leave the country so i don't get anything.
    no he is neither an involved husband nor father nor son or brother.
    i know the answer to this problem just trying to gather the courage to start somewhere.

2. radhikapotnuri

radhikapotnuri New IL'ite

Yes, you have to make a start somewhere. Being in this toxic relationship is only going to affect you negatively which might show up on your health and you cannot let that happen to you. Your child has only you. My best wishes to you and may you find the strength to take the step towards a peaceful life with your kid.

3. ravioli1970

thank you
    i appreciate it

4. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

As Tashi said, please connect with a lawyer or women's organization. There are many in the US - Maitri, Manavi - just google.

If you decide to move out, please make sure that he doesn't know your location as he may get violent. If he is not a good son, brother, father, husband - he has nothing to lose.

About money, yeah, it will be tough for some time but better than the emotional abuse and the impact on your child. You can always control your expenses and look for full time work.

Other option would be to move to India with your parents for a year or two. This would get you time to reflect and plan your life - maybe join some courses like beauty parlor and then you can do it from home. A friend of mine runs a parlor from home and is earning $50K-$60K.

5. msindu

msindu Bronze IL'ite

Just a question. does he allow you and your child to practice hinduism? If this was such an issue why did you marry him in the first place? With so many cases of muslim men abusing women (see internet saudi men are praying at even syrian refugees and discard them after sex), didn't you think of this possibility before marriage (most people from middle east to pakistan give **** to human rights)?

Right now, get out of this marriage. Save the child atleast from this freak. Get evidence that he might leave country so the US court will be strict in granting money so you and child can use that as support. how old is the child?

6. msindu

msindu Bronze IL'ite

as you are female US court will give u more rights. stay away from the guy. knowing murder taking place in dosmectic issues with people of middle eastern/south asian descent. take precautions. keep yourself and child away from pakistan.

Can the kid enter India with his pakistan heritage? Would Indian authorities create problems?

7. ravioli1970

my son is a teen now and my husband is a non practicing muslim and made big promises when i met him on how broad minded he is and does not believe on religion and all even took me to temple wen we were dating. no i am not allowed to practice hinduism in the house. i think in my heart i know that i must do this but just looking for the right moment in life. i wish i am able to gather the courage someday.
    just advice to all the young women especially hindu women. stay with your own kind that is the best thing. i know in america, it s no big deal to merge with other cultures but u save urself a lot of grief wen u stay with ur own kind, its not worth it. they will say anything to get u but then u have to start living life at their terms and u lose everything else, not worth it

8. msindu

msindu Bronze IL'ite

sorry for what you have to go through. wish you all the best. If it was a christian or a hindu guy from christian/hindu country you would have support of that legal system atleast. Stay away from this freak. i would not be surprised if he kills you also for revenge. Muslim men will lie with allowing you to practice your religion but afterwards the drama starts. Use full extent of law and show proof to court (signs of threat and racist comments on your origin - the court will not take this lightly). if you have proof of abuse show that. Take away your kid or else he will learn from his father end up same and do this to another woman. Always keep a check on kid to make sure he is not kidnapped.

I have seen many women go through like this, mostly white women. Some were lucky unfortunately others were not so much. We hindus are always an easy target for them as we are too open minded. See if you can atleast get second marriage for stability so the kid life is stable.

9. msindu

msindu Bronze IL'ite

@ravioli
    Please keep update on your situation. Hope you all the best.
    When something works out. Please spread the message to your friends so people are aware of things going on. Make a blog so other women will benefit from your story.

10. msindu

msindu Bronze IL'ite

1) Anuja Kumar

[​IMG]

Anuja Kumar, daughter of Ashok Kumar and Shailaja from Kalamaserry was tortured and killed by her lover Khaleem who is an active PFI ( Popular Front of India) activist. Khaleem is a resident of Guruvayoor and chief accused in the murder cases of a BJP leader Manikandarn and other communist leaders too.
    Anuja was a PG student at Maharaja’s College, Ernakulam and Khaleem met her via Social Media Chatting sites . They both fell in love and despite parental opposition they began living in together in a rented flat. Khaleem did not reveal to Anuja that he was already married to a mulsim lady and altercations began springing up in their relationship. Anuja’s Parents allege that Khaleem is behind the murder since Anuja was not ready to embrace Islam . She had absolutely no enmity with any other person .

2) shooter Tara Shahdeo

"In a joint operation with the special cell of Delhi police, a team of Ranchi police on Tuesday night arrested Raqibul Hasan Khan alias Ranjit Kumar Kohli, accused of deceiving national shooter Tara Shahdeo into marriage andforcing her to convert to Islam, from near IGI airport, New Delhi. Ranchi DIG Praveen Kumar Singh confirmed the arrest. "He has been arrested with his mother from a place near Delhi airport," said Singh.

Khan with his ailing mother had escaped from his house in Ranchi when Tara Shahdeo lodged an FIR against him alleging conversion to Islam and torture on August 22 with city's Hindpiri police station."

3) Joy Small

Miss Small’s stepfather, Martin Small, from Londonderry in Northern Ireland, said: ‘We haven’t seen very much of Joy. She started living in a very Muslim area of Leicester and began living a Muslim life.

Read more: 'Muslim convert' wife murdered along with her two children by monster husband had only stayed with him for 'sake of the kids'

4) Sabeen Thandi
    [​IMG]

Badiuzzaman had forced Mrs Thandi into a Muslim marriage and had moved in with her two months after they began dating in November 2012.
    He was controlling, preventing her from leaving the house alone, forcing her to throw away ‘revealing’ clothes and instead wear a hijab because otherwise she would ‘feel his wrath’.
    The security guard even tried to sell her home by visiting an estate agents and pretending he owned the property.
    Doctor’s receptionist Mrs Thandi grew sick of Badiuzzaman’s abuse and visited solicitors in Watford in June last year seeking a divorce.
    She took out an order from Watford County Court on June 17 against Badiuzzaman to prevent him from entering her home, as she feared for her children’s safety.

Read more: Muslim husband who forced wife to convert before he killed her jailed

5) Sara el Shourefi

• Muslim husband ‘drove electric drill into wife’s brain then stabbed her in the eye with a screwdriver’
    • A husband ‘tortured’ and killed his wife while playing the Koran at full volume in a bid to drown out her screams, because of a row over a shelf, a court has heard.
    Muslim husband ‘drove electric drill into wife’s brain then stabbed her in the eye with a screwdriver’

6) Dr Rumi Nath, MLA

Fatal consequence of Love Jihad. Assam Hindu MLA Rumi Nath tortured and rejected by his Muslim husband.