1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned!

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by Malar27, May 5, 2015.

1. Malar27

Malar27 Senior IL'ite

I feel I want to give it a last try. Of course I am getting tired of being the only one trying all this while. If that doesn't work then perhaps I have to move legally.

I seriously can't understand my own self in this matter. I am a strong and confident person. I have a good career and am independent. However when it comes to this, I feel im falling apart. Deep inside ,I so much want to salvage the marriage. Certainly I am not going to do that by giving them the so called gifts or money.

My mind says the same things as what all of you have said. Report to police. Forget him. Nail him and his family for treating me like a piece of junk.

It's been very tough past 6 month. I am living a fake life here. Seriously, I have no idea how I managed everything alone. Nobody knows whats happened except for my parents and siblings. I have not talked about this to anyone, not even my best friend.

That is one reason I am here. Not looking for sympathy. Some ideas and words of encouragement goes a long way in rebuilding my self confidence. I appreciate every comments here. Thank you.

2. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

Good that you have find a place where you can tell about your situation. You could also check if there are any divorce support groups in your area.

A divorce is never easy and you go back and forth. You would like to continue but on the other hand you feel hurt and want revenge. Please try not proceed with the revenge part. If you go for a legal divorce at some point make it as easy and clean as possible.

Do you have any friends with whom you could talk?

1 person likes this.
  3. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

this guy is not worth your time op.You need to move on.

2 people like this.
  4. Malar27

Malar27 Senior IL'ite

Deep inside I want to continue. Hurt, yes. Revenge, no.
    At the same time, I have mentally prepared to move on if my last attempt doesn't work.

They too know I am not capable of doing anything to them. That is one reason they are so taking it easy. What can she do? She is in another country.

I am not talking about this to anyone. That is why I'm sharing it here.
    I know I'm suffering in silence. I divert my mind. Do other stuff but I cant help when thoughts of him comes.

Thank you so much

5. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

Dear Malar,
    From your posts it seems that the person does not deserve your true love. I could feel how hurt you are and still want to give him a chance. Noble thought. But please understand , life can not be run successfully with only one of the spouse being honest and the other always pulling away.
    Even if you reconcile,What kind of security and contentment can this husband of yours could give you, tell me ?
    You feel like giving him another chance not because of the fact he still loves you ( I have my own doubts to if he actually ever loved you), but because your ego is hurt as he was your choice for a life partner. If it had been an arranged marriage you would have not felt the guilt of committing a mistake and would have surely moved on.
    I am telling you, that here too you can do the same. Do not feel guilty about being wrong in the love choice. Everybody makes mistakes. Consider this as your life's costliest mistake and move on with a lesson well learnt. This separation does not mean that you are not fit to love anyone in the future, instead it gives you a very valuable gift of knowledge when you get to choose your new life partner.
    Safe guard yourself legally, be single and take charge of your life for few months. Then decide with your loved ones on future course of your actions.

Do not suffer in silence any more. Do whatever is necessary to end this. If we suffer from any ailment will we choose to suffer in silent or go to the doctor to get it cured completely. Choose wisely. Live life to the full. You do not have to take revenge on them. God will give them their lesson when Time is ripe. Do not burden yourself with task of settling scores with them. Get them out of your life and mind completely

All the best for your happy life from now on ,

Pavithrahugsmiley

4 people like this.
  6. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

'Rush to India' without telling your wife? People don't rush to the corner store without saying "hey hon, I'm going to get some milk & juice, need anything? No? Be back in a jiff." This is quite simply ridiculous. Surely you can see that? 'Couldn't contact' you - for six months? You are better off without this guy. Don't set yourself up for more serious problems in the future.

It's neither about 'revenge' nor is it about doing anything 'to them'. You see yourself as a strong and confident woman. Their next target may not be so. Your mother-in-law hits you, they ask for money / jewelry and then your 'husband' flees to India, abandoning you. Even though you may not be able to enforce a successful prosecution or punishment, you must at least file the appropriate formal complaints, civil / criminal or whatever the law will allow. When this fellow is such a fluent liar, what makes you assume that a bigamous marriage in India is beyond his capacities? You should take steps at least to ensure that he is unable to return to Malaysia only to do this all over again to some other unsuspecting woman. Do make sure there is a formal record of his despicable behavior and manipulative mendacity.

I'm sorry to come on so strong. I know this must be a difficult time for you, but if what you say is true, then you really need to hear and heed these warnings!

Good Luck!

5 people like this.
  7. Malar27

Malar27 Senior IL'ite

Thank you. You sound a lot like my mother. hugsmiley

8. PavithraS

PavithraS Platinum IL'ite

@Malar27,

My best wishes for you to settle in life soon and become yourself a mother !:2thumbsup:

Pavithra

1 person likes this.
  9. Malar27

Malar27 Senior IL'ite

Thank you all for your advices.

I tried and tried, calling him, messaging him on all means available but he never answered my calls neither replied my messages.

Can anyone suggest where I can get legal advise from Chennai? I wish to file for restoration of conjugal right.

This whole episode hurts. I hate myself for getting into this. It is very embarassing and I feel sick.

Seriously, I cant think straight anymore. I feel so hopeless.

10. lakshmikguru

lakshmikguru Gold IL'ite

Dont worry.u better come to india and meet the elders of their family.u try to meet ur hubby individually.otherwise u file kidnaping case against their family.

1 person likes this.