1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Born Again

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by lakshmi13, Apr 25, 2015.

1. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

Well said L3 - a truly admirable spirit of yours.

Nurturing the "you" in you after becoming a "we" is the key to, for one to be re-born.

Marriages are meant to be an act of Mind, Body & Soul coming together and if it truly happens, even if the body goes apart, the mind & soul are to stay, which is what is the case with you. Happy life ahead, keep going...

3 people like this.
  2. SwathiMysore

SwathiMysore New IL'ite

Hats off to your bravery! your life is a inspiration to many others. All the very best for your life.

1 person likes this.
  3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Lakshmi you are Born Again as a Father to your kids.I salute your strong Mind and Firm decision.

3 people like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Lakshmi dear hats off to your bravery. You are an inspiration to others and your children lucky to have you as their mother. They will be always proud of you and your husband will be blessing you and proud of you

2 people like this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

You stand tall and proud and are a beacon to other women on how to live life with dignity and on your own terms and conditions. Kudos to you.

3 people like this.
  6. Preet82

Preet82 Silver IL'ite

Hatts off to you!
    God bless you and your children.

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Lakshmi,

You are a remarkable human being with an attitude that is not seen often. Only thing that would make the departed soul happy is your ability to overcome the loss and leading a happy life with your children.

You never have to justify how much you miss him to anyone. There is no measuring cup for your sorrow and no one can even comprehend what you had been through and what you have recovered out of. Death of your husband doesn't give you the license to marry again. You always have it and it is your will to decide what is the right course for you. Marrying again or not is a decision that you only can make and it is none of others business to interfere with that decision. Whatever decision you take others should respect and support it. Taking care of children is never an added responsibility and it is always a pleasure. They are actually a bundle of joy and their acceptance of the reality always teaches us more lessons in life. Let them flourish in the unconditional love that is showered on them by their brave mother, learn how to be courageous in life and get countless blessings from their father. Your discovering yourself is the best thing that had happened to yourself and your children. My prayers are with you for a wonderful life ahead with your children.

Viswa

2 people like this.
  8. steve

steve Platinum IL'ite

Cool attitude, dude(tte)! Way to go! All the best!

1 person likes this.
  9. lakshmi13

lakshmi13 Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much everybody.

I am truly honoured to be a part of this awesome community. My husband died in the Jamnagar Helicopter crash on 30 Aug 2012 involving two helicopters of the Indian Air Force. Believe me, the journey from what I was to what I am now has not been a cakewalk. The first year was a period where I was busy with childbirth, healing my elder daughter and my family, trying to concentrate on my work a la workoholic..yes it was an avoidance behaviour when it came to personal healing. All this definitely came with a big price. I had become grumpy, hot-tempered with a very short fuse. It was only after the first death anniversary ceremony that I realized I was harming myself, my children , my family. It was then that I decided that I had to change and take control of my life. Trust me, I hated it when I ended up listing out my weaknesses after an introspection. I realized I was trying to live on other people's terms and this definitely had an effect on my dressing habits and overall lifestyle. It had started affecting the way my kids were living too. That became a turning point in my life. Instead of moping over my loss I thought it was better to get up and get going. So voila, I tried my best to change and yes, the result was happy children, healing family and inner peace.

All this would not have been easy had I not been supported by my organization and had I not been constantly reading inspiring write ups of ILites. I agree I had stopped contributing but it was to heal myself first so that I could try and make sensible contribution and not senile ones..

Once again a big THANK YOU to all of you (those who read this post,replied while praying for my kids and those who read it and prayed for my family) for being there as a staunch support.

Thank you....

7 people like this.
  10. jingi92

jingi92 Gold IL'ite

god bless you lady .. you are really brave :)